Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoW WoD Vs MoP Impressions

Imagine October 21, 2011 - Blizzcon - You are either sitting besides wow players or at home watching the whole event on youtube - compare your impressions of WoW: MoP Announcement

VS

Blizzcon 2013 - WoW - WoD

At least for me there was a huge difference, comeon, we went from an April's fools joke, to something serious and Epic

Your thoughts guys?
    Last edited by mmoc2b088a37aa; 2014-07-27 at 10:44 PM.

mists of pandaria - yes finally. this is amazing.

warlords of draenor - fuck that horrible fucking rumour was true, filler expansion incoming.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I was pretty excited for MoP. Mostly, it delivered and was epic for me. WoD came off very underwhelming at Blizzcon. It has potential, but there's also been a lot of bad news about it as well. I'm just kind of waiting to fully praise or rip into WoD until I can play it myself.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

warlords of draenor - fuck that horrible fucking rumour was true, filler expansion incoming.
    Comeon men,either you are trolling me or joking around, you honestly like everything about Mist Of Pandaria ? the starting area that was re-done in the beta at the last minute, the whole expansion pack with not that fun, but hey, you are entitled to your own opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Makronik View Post
    Comeon men,either you are trolling me or joking around, you honestly like everything about Mist Of Pandaria ? the starting area that was re-done in the beta at the last minute, the whole expansion pack with not that fun, but hey, you are entitled to your own opinion
    mists of pandaria was the greatest expansion of all time.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Mists was great, but lets give Warlords a chance before we dismiss it as 'ugh filler expac'. WoD so far has a shit ton going for it, more than MoP ever had this time around last cycle.
    You just lost The Game

WoD is 100x better than MoP ever was due to it not being Asian themed.

Yup, I dislike Asian themed anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I was pretty excited for MoP. Mostly, it delivered and was epic for me. WoD came off very underwhelming at Blizzcon. It has potential, but there's also been a lot of bad news about it as well. I'm just kind of waiting to fully praise or rip into WoD until I can play it myself.
    I don't recall any bad news, I see downfalls of blizzard changes but also positive changes its 50/50 I was angry about my dk changes but then they improved druids, which are kinda fun to play now, (tested a druid on my friend's beta account)

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest joke of all time.

With MoP i went from 'lol, pandas? really?' to start thinking of MoP as the best expansion so far just for all the features they were adding.
    With WoD i went from 'I NEED TO PLAY THAT NOW!' to loosing all the trust i still had on Blizzard and i actually think is going to be worse than Cataclysm in the long run.

edit: anyway, in both expansion there is a basic flaw in the lore that we must accept blindfolded just for the sake of them being able to tell whatever they want. Pandas from nowhere and time travel diarrhea. Once you've accepted tham is all about how well or bad is the history in that scenario, MoP's history was great for me, WoD's seems also great. What is declining my personal balance is the amount of features they are offering and specially how they are cutting and changing too much the little things they had at Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Geckoo; 2014-07-27 at 11:05 PM.

My thoughts exactly. I was extremely excited when MoP was announced.

WoD made me questioned "why should I buy this?"

Deleted
    I disliked the announcement of MoP, and I really disliked the leveling of it as well. MoP was the first expansion that made me unsubscribe for a very long time.

I still dislike MoP now, and ANYTHING will be better than it.

I liked the very early concept arts of Pandaren, they looked fierce and dangerous but still wise and very awesome. What we got ingame were whiny chubby rednecks that looks high all the time. The Pandaren looked so stupid. I stil lcringe every time I see their animation or hear them talk.

Of course whole MMO-Champion exploded with these banners some people have to go with to show off their characters, and the Pandaren banners didn't make it any better. Still cringe every time.
    Last edited by mmoc78d225b3dd; 2014-07-27 at 11:07 PM.

WoD screams to me legion is coming!!!!

I have never been so bored in any expansion as I have in MoP, may you burn in the deepest depths of hell MoP.

Was still a little sour over cataclysm (quit at firelands, never planned to play again) so i didn't even watch the MoP announcements.

WoD i was (and still am) very excited for at the announcement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    With MoP i went from 'lol, pandas? really?' to start thinking of MoP as the best expansion so far just for all the features they were adding.
    With WoD i went from 'I NEED TO PLAY THAT NOW!' to loosing all the trust i still had on Blizzard and i actually think is going to be worse than Cataclysm in the long run.
    I see your point, maybe it will be better than tbc even - who knows, I played 1 hours only of WoD beta and somehow, I am loving the new models, wow looks really fresh with them, I also love the fact that they removed the cities, why? maybe now it will promote more world exploring rathar than sitting afking in the city waiting for the instance to pop, also there are 100 level mobs, so I think end game content will be more fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Was still a little sour over cataclysm (quit at firelands, never planned to play again) so i didn't even watch the MoP announcements.

WoD i was (and still am) very excited for at the announcement.

If you come back, i'll add you on my battle net we can play together, its more fun to play with peeps !

I absolutely hated leveling up through the zones in mists. Every single zone either bored me or felt pointless to me. Hell, valley of the four winds felt like it was randomly placed in as it had little connection to the actual story. I've leveled twice through WoD so far in beta and even with the myriad of technical issues I've enjoyed leveling through WoD much more than MoP. That's just my opinion though. Hopefully the actual end game is just as good.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I absolutely hated leveling up through the zones in mists. Every single zone either bored me or felt pointless to me. Hell, valley of the four winds felt like it was randomly placed in as it had little connection to the actual story. I've leveled twice through WoD so far in beta and even with the myriad of technical issues I've enjoyed leveling through WoD much more than MoP. That's just my opinion though. Hopefully the actual end game is just as good.
    And I thought I was the only one, nearly every zone looked like stranglethorn, and in pre-cata, this place was awful so I started hating every jungle like zone, probably tanan jungle will give us a better jungle vibe than the older zones in MoP and Cata xd

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait and try out the game when its finished instead of judging an unfinished product.

Deleted
    Quite honestly, when I saw WoD announced (I didn't believe all the WoD leaks, was just too good to be true) I was really positively surprised! I was really amazed seeing (FINALLY) an Orc Expansion in Warcraft! I know people seem to hate on all the Orc love we're getting now, but a Warcraft game, where Orcs have such an important role, I was really awaiting a long time for it, and quite honestly, I thought I'd never see a true Orc expansion in WoW, just because most of it's in the past, world lost in time. But they did it! They brought it back!

And updating old models really pumped me up. The War is back in WarCraft, all I can say, really can't wait for the release! Gronn, Ogres, Orcs, Skulls, Spikes, Blood, Fight, Roars, ... it's all there, A savage expansion, finally in WoW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Just wait and try out the game when its finished instead of judging an unfinished product.
    beta is beta - right ?