Poll: Death By...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything on the ground + Waller or Vortex. The timing needs to be improved so skillful play has some bearing when usually it's just a matter of luck: do you have enough HP/pots/and escapes to get out of it infinity times in a row...because you're going to be standing in stuff for infinity amount of time.
    BAD WOLF

The one that kills me 90% of the time isnt on the list. Its waller

Firechains/electrified.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

"Not paying attention"
    This gets my vote.

Arcane enchanted, or fire chains. I bet arcane enchanted damage is not being cut by resists at all, only by passive damage reduction. While it is nothing by its own, combined with almost any of the (CC) affixes is deadly. AE+Waller = deadly. AE+Frozen = deadly. Fast minions from Horde who also have AE placed in a location with tight corridors is almost certain death, unless you kite like a monster. I'd love to have amulet that makes me immune to AE, but it looks like I was created with Luck=0
    Fire chains also are bad, but at least they are more predictable, and you can CC mobs to prevent getting cut by FC.

Also, I'd like to mention that Jailer affix. It is dumb that Jailer damages you. You can't avoid it, that's why.
    Last edited by l33t; 2014-09-25 at 10:11 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Pre-season probably arcane enchanted. Since I switched to WD in season I got blasted by the damned Thunderstorms. I mean, why the hell were they 2-shotting me, I'll never know. Ah, well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jailer, Frozen, Waller, as it's a ridiculous combination.

Deleted
    Posted about a month ago with the Terror Demon rant, now it's probably closer to randomly being jailed... I can survive the first with the DH passive but the second one? LOLNOPE

Either that or random mobs like Lacuni Huntresses appearing out of fucking nowhere, Winged Assassins or (before they removed them from Grifts) Earthworm things... Especially the fire breathing fuckers.

I do hope Blizzard one day takes a look at waller placement. I can't count how many times I have been sandwiched in between two walls and can't move an inch. And it's particularly bad with some classes that only have low level abilities that can't shoot over the walls and hit anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I do hope Blizzard one day takes a look at waller placement. I can't count how many times I have been sandwiched in between two walls and can't move an inch. And it's particularly bad with some classes that only have low level abilities that can't shoot over the walls and hit anything.
    That shit on Grift 34 with fucking Thunderstorms it's just like... Srs

10+ Year Old Account
    A combination of a ton of AoE affixes and being unable to move because of walls, being surrounded by huge amounts of monsters, or simply being CCed. As a melee character being unable to move while in close combat is a pain in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reflect, Corrosive, Arcane Enchanted, Waller combo's pre RoS where a pain, and often certain death.
    Nowadays it is indeed more often a certain mob that kills me instead of affixes.

edit: oh and Fire Chains can still bite quite hard indeed!
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Jailer, Frozen, Waller, as it's a ridiculous combination.
    This.

Also, how have I not noticed before today that Frozen bombs do ticking damage now before they explode? Is that new with 2.1 or something? It's killed me twice today.

http://i.imgur.com/lUL3ZU6.jpg here it is , the answer to your question :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing because I play hardcore.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

What killed me the most? Arkane Enchanted.
    What caused me the most deaths? Walls/Vortex (depends on character).

Probably Frozen in any way.

Walls and Jailer I just laugh at with my no CD Teleport. The Frozen spike ball loves to follow me until I stand still though, which usually results in my death in those few moments.

Although I die more to Teleporting before I look than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    need an option for "not paying attention"
    I think that is covered under Molten (Bomb) lol <- me

15+ Year Old Account
    Jailer in greater rifts is the bane of my existence(in d3)
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger