Poll: Death By...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I didn't include things like frozen or waller on this list because those things don't kill you by themselves. They are more facilitators to your death. Like being frozen as an arcane beam hits you.
    Where's jailer?

Orbiter, and fire chains. The 2 worst things for Raekor Barb. Jeez.

and maybe electrified.

As Melee I find Horde + Frozen/Arcane to be the most annoying. Specially when the minions are the type that spread out/run away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    Jailor.

It just 1 shots me on T6 and seems to be no way to avoid it.
    Yeah, odd that it isn't included. On 42+ Grifts I get one-shotted.

Wheres the option for winged assassins?

Deleted
    Jail and Thunder for me , once a friend of mine said that affixes are random, i use to believe that till 90% of the time with my DH i get Jail and Thunder and with my barb i get fire-chain and Orbiter or Poison, random my ass i say, jail as DH above 35 grift is a damn pain

Arcane sentry

bonus points for + jailer>frozen>waller>and sometimes horde. They also seem to be ninjas with vortex but it is all about the arcane sentry. Does this thing just have unmitigated damage or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say 90% of the time I die, I die to lasers. They deal ridiculous amount of damage, come randomly without any notification, and there are packs of elites spamming them together. My Monk is a glass cannon, with ridiculous damage output but, also, ridiculously low health pool. As such, one beam passing through me almost depletes my entire pool, and two beams = GG.

Second place - those walls that trap you and leave only one way out, the one filled with elites.

Honorable mention - those poisonous rats a certain Rift boss spawns. He casts some kind of forcefield not letting you leave the small circular area, and 3 or 4 bunches of those rats follow you at incredible speed. If they reach you, they deplete your health at the rate of about 80%/s. There is just no way out, that boss is a guaranteed corpse train.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    - Arcane Enchanted
    - Frozen
    - Jailor

Honorable mention to Vortex, tends to grab me right after using teleport.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    When I don't have Countess Julia on, it's the lasers paired with Vortex.
    Seems to ALWAYS wait until I use my "get out of jail" cd to pull me on top of them.
    When you get a couple packs that have lasers, mortar, jailer, fire chains all at the same time, shit gets real quickly.

My disappointment in D3 has killed me the most.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think... and it seems correctly so... arcane enchanted is the most deadly.

Fire chains can be rough too.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Used to be mob types for me, more like arcane and reflect now days.

Deleted
    Solo, EoJ on follower then it's Fire Chains for sure. That's why I swapped it for the act 3 bounty necklace.
    Group, Arcane Enhanced since I think i'm immortal but sadly i'm not

7+ Year Old Account
    If I'm not paying attention then reflect will get me.

Mostly though, it's the combo jailer + pretty much anything. Jailer nearly one-shots me and whatever comes next tends to finish the job - be it thunderstorm, arcane, etc..

Deleted
    1 death by arcane sentry
    1 death by pack of mobs in corner
    1 death by lag
    1 death by stupidity (jumping into pack of arcane sentries)

Playing HC makes you want to avoid death, so i don't really die that often.

10+ Year Old Account
    God this is an old poll. Wonder what it would say if it was held fresh with current content in mind.

When I voted on this originally it was Arcane Sentries, but it's pretty rare for me to die to those these days. Now it's all about that Jailer affix that hits like a truck. On rare packs that thing will often get spammed 2 ro 3 times within a short period, and that's almost impossible to heal through. I've switched to Molten Wildebeest Gizzard to improve my healing for such situations, since it's the fact I don;t heal up that kills me and not the damage so much.

Hubris.

/10chars

Just farming t6 definitely the frozen things when I'm not paying too much attention in combination with jailer or wall or just narrow spaces, especially on my barb where I can't really see the floor because of tornadoes.

In grifts is the assassin trash or bosses, the ones that leap and either one shot or almost one shot me. Hate those.

Jailer is the worst, unnavoidable damage + movement imparing. The worst bit is the damage though, at high Greater Rifts it's quite capable of one-shotting most characters... It's unfairly harsh to the point where it should be fixed, as it has no gameplay element to warrent the silly damage. So Jailer is my choice, the rest is avoidable damage, mostly.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-04-24 at 11:11 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4