10+ Year Old Account
    So long as my wages double for no reason as well, I have no problem with hiking the minimum wage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    So long as my wages double for no reason as well, I have no problem with hiking the minimum wage.
    Not really logical since people just want to be paid a livable wage. That doesn't mean YOUR job is worth more, it means those other jobs aren't paying what they should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Not really logical since people just want to be paid a livable wage. That doesn't mean YOUR job is worth more, it means those other jobs aren't paying what they should.
    They are paid what there work is worth, as am I. I have no interest in losing purchasing power to benefit others. They want more money, I want more money.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are paid what there work is worth, as am I. I have no interest in losing purchasing power to benefit others. They want more money, I want more money.
    Who are you to judge what someone is worth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    Who are you to judge what someone is worth?
    The same as anyone else that posts here.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you don't want people's jobs to pay a livable wage because you have some kind of personal issue with their worth?

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you don't want people's jobs to pay a livable wage because you have some kind of personal issue with their worth?
    Just another one of those "I got mine and nobody else should get theirs unless they work as hard as I had to!" types....It's really sad the way we treat our fellow human beings.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I have issue with degrading my purchasing power so they can make a short term living wage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another one of those "I got mine and nobody else should get theirs unless they work as hard as I had to!" types....It's really sad the way we treat our fellow human beings.
    More like work hard in general...you ever worked at a fast food restaurant? Lmao I'm surprised it can even be labeled as a job.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it is a case of I have worked for what I have and I am not going to degrade it for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    More like work hard in general...you ever worked at a fast food restaurant? Lmao I'm surprised it can even be labeled as a job.
    I know people who sit on their ass browsing the internet for most of them time, and they're middle class. Fast food is hard work, MUCH harder work compared to that, and they're not making a LIVABLE WAGE

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it is a case of I have worked for what I have and I am not going to degrade it for others.
    I guarantee I make more money than you do and if you honestly think your buying power is going to take some serious hit taking care of low wage workers you obviously have not done your research outside of Fox News and CNN.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I have issue with degrading my purchasing power so they can make a short term living wage.
    I still don't understand how people making more money somehow makes you make less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guarantee I make more money than you do and if you honestly think your buying power is going to take some serious hit taking care of low wage workers you obviously have not done your research outside of Fox News and CNN.

Oh boy here goes the internet dick flexing.

AAAAAAAAAND DOWN GOES HIS CREDIBILITYYYYYY.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand how people making more money somehow makes you make less.
    It's that delusion that if he makes $17/hour now and he had to work for 5 years to get it and the minimum wage workers suddenly make $15 (which they wouldn't as the increase would be gradual).

Oh boy here goes the internet dick flexing.

AAAAAAAAAND DOWN GOES HIS CREDIBILITYYYYYY.

Actually it's usually people who make approximately $15-$20 hourly that are the ones who seem to feel most threatened by a minimum wage increase. You can challenge my credibility all you want but as shown by numerous posters in this thread....It tends to be the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Other people make more -> price of goods and services they create increases -> his current pay no longer goes as far as it used to.
    Prices will increase slightly with a wage increase and they would increase even without a wage increase. Just as the prices of items has continued to climb since 2009 (Our last wage increase). Buying power would outweigh the price increase - It's mathematically impossible for it to be any other way.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2014-09-12 at 06:30 AM.

Other people make more -> price of goods and services they create increases -> his current pay no longer goes as far as it used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've worked in fast food, Idk a felon who hasn't lol, If I could go back in time and my old self told me I deserved $15/hr for the work I had to do, I'd laugh in my own fucking face and call myself a moron. That work wasn't hard...the hardest part of working in fast food was dealing with bitchy customers when YOU fuck their order up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I made twice what I wouldn't care near as much. However, even a 5% hit would hurt right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Never said I would make less, I said my purchasing power will go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've worked in fast food, Idk a felon who hasn't lol, If I could go back in time and my old self told me I deserved $15/hr for the work I had to do, I'd laugh in my own fucking face and call myself a moron. That work wasn't hard...the hardest part of working in fast food was dealing with bitchy customers when YOU fuck their order up.
    Well, the $15/hr. thing is kind of like getting a raise from your boss. You tell em you deserve $2 more an hour, they compromise and give you $1, which is all you really wanted. No one REALLY expects the minimum wage to go up to $15. $9 is a more likely scenario, but you still have to understand, and after several months and hundreds of posters that don't, that the current minimum wage does not pay a livable wage and has not increased to coincide with the cost of living increases. People also have to stop thinking of it as "haha stupid fast food workers" when there are a lot more jobs that pay minimum wage or below a livable wage.

I've worked in fast food before. Dealing with customers is by far the easiest part for me. The hardest part is the working conditions, which are usually made worse by incompetent owners. I also don't understand this notion of "anyone can get a better job" because that's just not even kind of remotely true. Stop assuming $50k a year jobs are just sitting on a door step waiting for some lonely guy to come snatch it up.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually it's usually people who make approximately $15-$20 hourly that are the ones who seem to feel most threatened by a minimum wage increase. You can challenge my credibility all you want but as shown by numerous posters in this thread....It tends to be the trend.

Minimum wage increase isn't the issue here. It's the fact they want to double their pay when unless it goes nation wide that would have them making more than a lot of people who do 10x the work they do. They don't give a fuck about other jobs they just want to be paid double to flip burgers.