10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Expected reply : "If you can't get a JOB, MOVE!"
    The good thing is, to everyone on this forum, not having a job is hypothetical.

I have made the offer to numerous people on here that if they can get a bus ticket to within 100 miles of my doorstep, I'll give them room and board in exchange for housework until they get on their feet. Some of these people have had the worst sob stories I've heard (from people with the time and inclination to post on an internet forum dedicated to a luxury), and I've yet to ever have a taker.

My family, in whatever the current incarnation, has packed and moved several times with very nearly no resources and no guarantees. It sucks, but when you don't have much, you also don't have much holding you down.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    To Fast Food Workers:
    If you are willing to work an $8 job, you are worth $8. Strike or STFU.
    they strike, you pay more welfare, everyone loses

To Fast Food Workers:
    If you are willing to work an $8 job, you are worth $8. Strike or STFU.
    They are striking. Repeatedly.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    I'm not going to bother with a video brought to you by Fox News - As I would expect you to shun anything I offered up by MSNBC
    Well, there you'd be wrong. I think MSNBC is a very important network to have out there, as I do with Fox News.

It's precisely this level of dismissiveness that you're showing that perpetuates public arguments. Because it comes from something you're associating with the highest rated cable news network, you won't even look at it. You act like those people and ideas disagree with you are beneath you and not worth your merest attention. It's your choice to be like that, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    The good thing is, to everyone on this forum, not having a job is hypothetical.

I have made the offer to numerous people on here that if they can get a bus ticket to within 100 miles of my doorstep, I'll give them room and board in exchange for housework until they get on their feet. Some of these people have had the worst sob stories I've heard (from people with the time and inclination to post on an internet forum dedicated to a luxury), and I've yet to ever have a taker.

My family, in whatever the current incarnation, has packed and moved several times with very nearly no resources and no guarantees. It sucks, but when you don't have much, you also don't have much holding you down.
    how many contracts have you written up so that someone doesn't take a bus for nothing lol?

none, move along

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Outline for me how, while still making money as a single person.
    you had 18 years to do so it isn't no one fault but you own that you didn't acquire the education and or skills in those 18 years so to only know how to flip burgers

did you ever think you can learn on the job in the job you are in did you ever think you can apply your self and become a shift manager then from there to a store manager then a regional manger and up the ladder you go

Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    they're cheaper, they're not faster. if everyone used them you're spending the same time in a line but the store makes more of a profit since they're not paying an hourly wage

when that red light starts flashing and you're shit out of luck and have to get in another line, wait for help, etc, they officially become inferior TO THE CUSTOMER
    In the supermarkets I visit, there are 8-12 self service checkouts. They replaced over half of the manned tills with these machines, and for good reason.

I have never had a 'red flashing light' - the only people I see with such issues are the Elderly who don't scan their goods properly etc. For the average young person, they are very quick and easy to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    they strike, you pay more welfare, everyone loses
    Do we actually pay more? They are already on welfare!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Well, there you'd be wrong. I think MSNBC is a very important network to have out there, as I do with Fox News.

It's precisely this level of dismissiveness that you're showing that perpetuates public arguments. Because it comes from something you're associating with the highest rated cable news network, you won't even look at it. You act like those people and ideas disagree with you are beneath you and not worth your merest attention. It's your choice to be like that, I guess.
    If they watch Fox news or share any of their ideas, they are benieth mean and should be put on a slow boat to China IMO

Yes, but welfare disbursements vary based on need. If they aren't receiving a paycheck, their welfare take goes up.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    They are striking. Repeatedly.
    Very few, for not very long.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Of course not. That's for the mongrels to do. Anyone that isn't 1% is a lazy piece of shit with bad genetics!
    every one of those jobs I just listed are jobs done by people in the middle class they don't do those jobs on burger flipping pay because it requires skill to do those jobs skills that have value that some one else is willing to pay for that value

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    you had 18 years to do so it isn't no one fault but you own that you didn't acquire the education and or skills in those 18 years so to only know how to flip burgers

did you ever think you can learn on the job in the job you are in did you ever think you can apply your self and become a shift manager then from there to a store manager then a regional manger and up the ladder you go
    Tell me again how this education guarantees me a well paying job?

11% of people are using their degrees in the USA. this stupid idea that education = job is a joke
    you need a little luck, some connections and a good attitude. your skills are secondary, your education is either 100% useless or 100% useful, there is no in between. then you have people like teachers who aren't making a lot of money with that 4 year degree, most are going to be paying off student loans until they're tenured, unless they get fired the day before and have to start over somewhere else

Du du dummmmmmm. Welfareception.

Worker wage should be based according to the profit the particular company makes per year (or per quarter), if the company makes large profit then they should pay a proportionate wage. McDonald's for instance makes huge profit, and if it weren't for the workers this type of profit wouldn't exist. The trouble is corporations are no longer satisfied with making good and solid profits, they must make obscene profits and will do whatever it takes to secure them. This doesn't just apply to fast food, but to just about every industry across the board. This type of unbalanced extremism will be the undoing of countries that once enjoyed strong economic success with a flourishing middle class, and throw them into third world economic status, which we can already see the beginnings of.

Very few, for not very long.
    "Yes judge I let my child starve but I had to prove a point."

Thank god you only have 18 years of your life to decide the totality of your future. Man, taking more time would be too crazy. lol I guess there is always the military.
    Oh you believe in the part time to full time to management to owner thing, so ... yea.. lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Rest of the world to fast food workers: "No you aren't"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    My grandma told me once, Study hard so you do not become a ditch digger, not because you are above that if you want to dig ditches thats fine, because they get paid well, it's very hard work and you don't want very hard work if you don't have to do it.

Your grandmother was wrong.