upgrading my computer

Spec:
    motherbord: GA-Z77-DS3H
    GPU: radeon 7970 3gb ghz edition
    cpu: Intel Core i5 3570
    memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3
    ssd: Intel SSD Series 330 Series 120GB
    Power Supply: OCZ 500W MODXSTREAM PRO

Well since mist of pandaria came out i had some issues with my fps. (open world around 30-40 fps)(raids and citys 20-30 fps)(older expansions 60-100)(on ultra)
    But now with the new expansion warlords of draenor they are increasing the graphics even more and i kinda want to have 50 fps+ everywhere.
    What do you think i should upgrade first ? and is it true that radeon isnt that good with world of warcraft?
    Last edited by mmocc42859300c; 2014-07-28 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have better specs than the computer I'm on right now. 7870 and i5 2300, and I'm getting a solid 60. Turn your settings down, silly. The Radeon is fine in WoW.

You'll never get 50+ in raids and cities. You could sink all of your money in the computer and you still wouldn't scratch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it a 3570, or 3570K?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Is it a 3570, or 3570K?
    No, chazus. This is my thread. You go. ;_; Quit stealin' mah glory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    You have better specs than the computer I'm on right now. 7870 and i5 2300, and I'm getting a solid 60. Turn your settings down, silly. The Radeon is fine in WoW.

You'll never get 50+ in raids and cities. You could sink all of your money in the computer and you still wouldn't scratch it.
    but i kinda want to have 60+ in open world mop but i don't get it on ultra so what would you suggest me to upgrade?
    and how do you get more fps than me?

- - - Updated - - -

Is it a 3570, or 3570K?
    3570 i'm not going to overclock i know my gpu is good to overclock to but i use it for multi monitors

- - - Updated - - -

and btw i also run wildstar on 30-40 fps on ultra in open world but i really want a 60+ without having high fps drops

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vinne2004 View Post
    but i kinda want to have 60+ in open world mop but i don't get it on ultra so what would you suggest me to upgrade?
    and how do you get more fps than me?

- - - Updated - - -

3570 i'm not going to overclock i know my gpu is good to overclock to but i use it for multi monitors
    There's no upgrade that you can do (within reason) that will get you the FPS you want. You should be getting 60 FPS in most open world scenarios. Why you're not is cause for another thread.

Your computer, as it stands right now, is pretty good.

The nature of MMO's is that they require a lot of CPU power, since there's a lot of math going on under the hood. So you experience FPS drops.

Deleted
    There's no upgrade that you can do (within reason) that will get you the FPS you want. You should be getting 60 FPS in most open world scenarios. Why you're not is cause for another thread.

The nature of MMO's is that they require a lot of CPU power, since there's a lot of math going on under the hood. So you experience FPS drops.
    Any thread you can think about? my gpu got the latest drivers anything else that needs to be updated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your best bet is turning down shadows and liquid detail. That's the thing that hammers stuff the most. The only hardware upgrade you could make is getting a 3570K and overclocking it (You have an OC board, but not an OC CPU. Kind of an odd choice?).

Buuuut I wouldn't recommend that. The performance increase isn't worth the $210... Unless you are willing to shell that out and sell the 3570 for ~$140 on ebay. Plus a decent cooler if you don't have one (Another $30)

Personally, I don't think it's worth the cost at this point.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

7+ Year Old Account
    There isn't anything you can upgrade the 3570k to that would make a difference in WOW. Even the 4690k is only a little bit ahead of it, and that's only due to having a higher clock speed. If you get a decent cooler, you can OC a 3570k to 4 GHz easily and match the 4690k.

The i7's (3770k/4770k/4790k) won't make ANY difference in WOW. They can make a difference in things that use a lot of threads (that can take advantage of hyperthreading), but WOW doesn't. Haswell actually had very very little performance gains over Ivy Bridge. The only real difference of Haswell is moving the VRM from the motherboard to the CPU die, and decreasing power consumption slightly. They don't really perform any better, and Ivy Bridge actually overclocks easier than Haswell. You can easily match a 4690k (the best chip for WOW at this time, since it performs identically to the 4790k and WOW doesn't use many threads) with a 3570k by overclocking.

Deleted

Your best bet is turning down shadows and liquid detail. That's the thing that hammers stuff the most. The only hardware upgrade you could make is getting a 3570K and overclocking it (You have an OC board, but not an OC CPU. Kind of an odd choice?).

Buuuut I wouldn't recommend that. The performance increase isn't worth the $210... Unless you are willing to shell that out and sell the 3570 for ~$140 on ebay. Plus a decent cooler if you don't have one (Another $30)

Personally, I don't think it's worth the cost at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    There isn't anything you can upgrade the 3570k to that would make a difference in WOW. Even the 4690k is only a little bit ahead of it, and that's only due to having a higher clock speed. If you get a decent cooler, you can OC a 3570k to 4 GHz easily and match the 4690k.

The i7's (3770k/4770k/4790k) won't make ANY difference in WOW. They can make a difference in things that use a lot of threads (that can take advantage of hyperthreading), but WOW doesn't. Haswell actually had very very little performance gains over Ivy Bridge. The only real difference of Haswell is moving the VRM from the motherboard to the CPU die, and decreasing power consumption slightly. They don't really perform any better, and Ivy Bridge actually overclocks easier than Haswell. You can easily match a 4690k (the best chip for WOW at this time, since it performs identically to the 4790k and WOW doesn't use many threads) with a 3570k by overclocking.
    well thx alot for all the explaining!I don't know much about overclocking so i'll keep it with these specs than. so i don't need to upgrade anything for the next expansion ?

10+ Year Old Account
    The expansion won't really have much upgraded requirements. At this point it's not cost effective to upgrade, unless you -really- have money to burn. As said, drop shadows and liquids down and you should have a better time.

Deleted
    oke thx alot

I have the same proccesor except the K version but not overclocked atm alongside a 760. I can play on Ultra but it does dip alot in certain Pandaria zones to mid 40s. Bringing shadows down to high keeps it at a stable 60fps other then in in certain parts of Jade forest where it drops to the mid 50s.

you could try a clean install of your OS and rebuild the drivers and keep installed programs to a minimum. will clear out your addon files too. you'll need to reinstall most anyways.

can also try run/ type" msconfig" / press ok then turn of start programs you don't need. then the services you can check mark the hide windows services then uncheck all then try and see which you can live without for services...about the only tweaks i'd suggest.