Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Can't be an antisemite and worship a Jewish God can you....
    I wouldn't be surprised if they claim Hitler was a descendant of Jesus either.
    Maybe, but I don't think some of them believe that because of Jews. It's more of like "we did everything first".

To be brutally frank, it doesn't mean much. There is no legitimate opposition to Orban at the moment, what little there is is from the far right, there is nothing from the left.

The former left party was social/liberal, so those became bad words for Orban, and he wants to reinforce to the parties voters, that those are bad things, and just randomly made stupid examples of non-liberal countries, that do "well". No one was supposed to think about why they are successful, because it was a dumb political speech designed to reinforce his own voters' beliefs in him.

He is also constantly trying to insist that hungary is doing better than any of the neighbouring countries, and tries to show himself as some kind of hero at odds against the evil EU leaders, who try to trod on us.

It's a lot of propaganda BS, but since there is no opposition, he can do pretty much whatever he wants with that 2/3 majority.

Deleted
    The thing is, he offered minorities abroad citizenship so they could vote in the election to boost his chances of winning, and it worked.

1) I honestly don't think people that live in other countries, people that haven't been to Hungary once or know anything about it, should have a say in how the country is run.

2) Even people without any kind of Hungarian ancestry could get citizenship by bribing officials. The funny thing is, most of them only applied for it so they can travel freely to the EU without restrictions or to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    The thing is, he offered minorities abroad citizenship so they could vote in the election to boost his chances of winning, and it worked.

1) I honestly don't think people that live in other countries, people that haven't been to Hungary once or know anything about it, should have a say in how the country is run.

2) Even people without any kind of Hungarian ancestry could get citizenship by bribing officials. The funny thing is, most of them only applied for it so they can travel freely to the EU without restrictions or to the US.
    Well, most people in their own country don't really know what the hell they are voting for... but anyway free travel is almost never a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    and then there's Turanism.
    The leader of the Green party here tried to express turanist views a while back. They got laughed at and ignored.