Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Hmm, okay. In which case why should players waste their time testing and feeding back the results of their testing to Blizzard?
    Because 1) feedback is heard and listened to. Not all the time, but generally. 2) testing is fun.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah you see none of them insulted Celestalon nor did any of them threaten to unsub or ask Blizzard if they play the same game as they do. Perhaps you should rely on actually reading what was written rather than assumption?

Perhaps you need to work on that reading yourself. His 'threats like that' comment was a direct reply to this:

"maybe when the ww numbers start to drop you guys will agree. Blizzard sold us a "fast pacing street fighter style"."

Oh look, its someone vaguely threatening to stop playing their toon (and suggesting lots of others will as well) because they don't approve of the current direction of the class/spec. He even goes as far as to say 'you will agree' when that happens, meaning 'when we all stop playing WW you will agree with the way we think it should be' - even though they aren't the people designing the game.

So yeah, I feel pretty damn validated. Maybe it wasn't a threat to unsub (I never said this specific example was, btw) but it was still a threat. In this case, that lots of players will drop WW until Blizzard agrees with them.

So yeah. You have very little room to talk about reading and assuming.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Because 1) feedback is heard and listened to. Not all the time, but generally. 2) testing is fun.
    1) Clearly it is not, the twitter conversation is a prime example other notable examples of feedback being ignored are Dks being OP when they were introduced, the difficulty of heroics not being addressed before almost 2 million customers left and Ghostcrawler made a fool of himself gating rewards behind two lots of rep at the beginning of MOP.

2) No doubt for some it is but I would imagine that the amount of fun derived from it is diminished when the results are routinely dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    If you don't want Blizzard to treat you like a child don't act like a fuckin' child.
    Bingo. It's basically the equivalent of a child saying "well if we can't play the way I want to, I'm not going to play with you anymore." Can you blame Blizzard if they're sick of hearing that line all the time over the past ten years?

Well as far as I see things it's like this. Fanbase whines, Blizz are being stone faced. in short both are assholes. true this is blizzards game but at the same time they should have more respect for their fans. Likewise Fans need to stop thinks that they own this game and have the right to boss the devs around because they play and pay, ergo think that they have more of a say that the devs. WTF, this is just making matters worse both for themselves and the ones on both sides who don't want to behave like asses but are just as much or even more affect that the arguing parties.

Simply put it takes two to tango and the sooner folks understand it, that better for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Perhaps you need to work on that reading yourself. His 'threats like that' comment was a direct reply to this:

"maybe when the ww numbers start to drop you guys will agree. Blizzard sold us a "fast pacing street fighter style"."

Oh look, its someone vaguely threatening to stop playing their toon (and suggesting lots of others will as well) because they don't approve of the current direction of the class/spec. He even goes as far as to say 'you will agree' when that happens, meaning 'when we all stop playing WW you will agree with the way we think it should be' - even though they aren't the people designing the game.

So yeah, I feel pretty damn validated. Maybe it wasn't a threat to unsub (I never said this specific example was, btw) but it was still a threat. In this case, that lots of players will drop WW until Blizzard agrees with them.

So yeah. You have very little room to talk about reading and assuming.
    Yes? And? That does not fit in with you said. He is not insulting Blizzard, he is not threatening to quit nor is he questioning whether Blizzard are playing the same game.

Oh look, it is someone pointing out that in its current state, due the problems they have been pointing out, WW is not a "fast pacing street fighter style" as sold to them by Blizzard. He is not threatening to quit the class at all he is saying that the class does not work as it is supposed to. Are you suggesting that players who are looking for a fast paced class will continue to play it when they find out it is anything but?

His sentence begins with the word "maybe" so it does not mean "'when we all stop playing WW you will agree with the way we think it should be" as you claim.

I am glad you feel validated although all you have so far proved is that you have not understood what was written.

1) Clearly it is not, the twitter conversation is a prime example other notable examples of feedback being ignored are Dks being OP when they were introduced, the difficulty of heroics not being addressed before almost 2 million customers left and Ghostcrawler made a fool of himself gating rewards behind two lots of rep at the beginning of MOP.

2) No doubt for some it is but I would imagine that the amount of fun derived from it is diminished when the results are routinely dismissed.
    3) Blizzard employees have flat out said that they didn't change blatantly broken things because they don't believe that the info gathered in beta is indicative of how the game will play out on live, despite many, many examples of the opposite being true
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    3) Blizzard employees have flat out said that they didn't change blatantly broken things because they don't believe that the info gathered in beta is indicative of how the game will play out on live, despite many, many examples of the opposite being true
    I'm not sure I follow this assertion, since the whole purpose of a Beta is to test and determine how things will play out on live. Add to the fact that they've already tuned and re-tuned a variety of things (from class skills to NPC abilities to zone changes) based on player feedback from within the Beta? On the face of it your claim makes no real sense.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Sometimes I think the devs listen to much. Who would want to watch a movie by Quinton Terantino if he polled the audience to make every decision?

1. Should Jules curse?
    2. Should Jules shoot the dealer guy?
    3. Should Jules say he doesn't like pork?

And then there would be a huge flame war on the Terantino forums about each response.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Since I was threatened with an infraction for pointing out a moderators mistake I might as well take them up on their offer.

I just made this thread cause I knew it would get a lot of pages of replies, I actually dgaf what blizzard says and think people that do listen and follow what they say are nerds and I just made this thread to troll.

15+ Year Old Account
    If Celestalon had said "thanks for the feedback we'll look in to it" the issue would not have arisen. Oh and for the umpteenth time no-one said subs will drop.
    He provided two direct answers why it works this way and they continued. Think of it like this.

Why is flying bring removed Blizzard? To encourage world pvp and design a better questing process.
    But Blizzard the removal of flight slows down the game. While that may be, it allows us to design content to be paced appropriately.
    When everyone quits because they can'y fly you'll change your mind.

People have this idea that if you insult a company via twitter they will cave. In many cases they do.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    "I'm not going to play it!" is a childish and useless argument.
    Not really, although the person stating the above should elaborate. What specific mechanic changes make the class less fun for him to the point of wanting to reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Because their fanbase treats them like that. If you don't want Blizzard to treat you like a child don't act like a fuckin' child.

When does dealing with a corporation mean you are entitled to act like a whiny turd
    Amen. No need to fill out 10 chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    He provided two direct answers why it works this way and they continued. Think of it like this.

Why is flying bring removed Blizzard? To encourage world pvp and design a better questing process.
    But Blizzard the removal of flight slows down the game. While that may be, it allows us to design content to be paced appropriately.
    When everyone quits because they can'y fly you'll change your mind.

People have this idea that if you insult a company via twitter they will cave. In many cases they do.
    You must have read a different set of tweets from me. He completely denies that there is a problem a with WW being slow paced.

The topic of flight has and is still being discussed to death, there is a 500+ page thread in WOD section if you wish to join in with it, nor is your example using flight a accurate reflection of what was actually said about WWs.

There were no threats made so I guess once again we're back to you having read different tweets from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must have read a different set of tweets from me. He completely denies that there is a problem a with WW being slow paced.
    That's because he doesn't believe 6.0 WW is a slow-paced spec, and from what I've seen he's right. WW was slowed down a little, but not that much. People vastly overexaggerate how dramatic the changes to the spec's speed were (i.e. claiming it's as slow as rogues or Ferals, which it's definitely not).

And people completely ignore that they are going from end-of-expansion-high gear levels to entry-level gear levels and also losing reforging, which vastly reduces their haste. If it was possible to test WW in WoD's final raid gear levels, it would probably be just as fast as today. Heck, if you jump into a Proving Ground on live, where your gear is dropped to 463, it probably feels even slower than it does on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    That's because he doesn't believe 6.0 WW is a slow-paced spec, and from what I've seen he's right. WW was slowed down a little, but not that much. People vastly overexaggerate how dramatic the changes to the spec's speed were (i.e. claiming it's as slow as rogues or Ferals, which it's definitely not).

And people completely ignore that they are going from end-of-expansion-high gear levels to entry-level gear levels and also losing reforging, which vastly reduces their haste. If it was possible to test WW in WoD's final raid gear levels, it would probably be just as fast as today. Heck, if you jump into a Proving Ground on live, where your gear is dropped to 463, it probably feels even slower than it does on beta.
    Now if only they had discussed the very issues you've just claimed they ignored - oh look - they did! Seriously read the tweets before commenting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now if only they had discussed the very issues you've just claimed they ignored - oh look - they did! Seriously read the tweets before commenting.
    I follow Celestalon's twitter and his replies to 99% of the WW feedback has been fine. He only got snarky with the ONE GUY who threatened that the spec population would drop as a result of the changes, which falls into my overexaggeration comment above (the whole "sold us a fast-paced spec" thing is ridiculous, because the spec wasn't slowed down that much).

Seriously, if you want to get into a "READ WHAT HE SAID" war, go read his full comment history instead of that one tweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Since I was threatened with an infraction for pointing out a moderators mistake I might as well take them up on their offer.

I just made this thread cause I knew it would get a lot of pages of replies, I actually dgaf what blizzard says and think people that do listen and follow what they say are nerds and I just made this thread to troll.
    So... anyone here like snickerdoodles? I love snickerdoodles. I think they're the best cookie ever.

This is all cause they changed the cost of jab from 40 to 50 right?

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, if you want to get into a "READ WHAT HE SAID" war, go read his full comment history instead of that one tweet.
    lol you mean where he suggests taking Ascension? That's proof enough that he thinks we're all fucking retarded.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

I follow Celestalon's twitter and his replies to 99% of the WW feedback has been fine. He only got snarky with the ONE GUY who threatened that the spec population would drop as a result of the changes, which falls into my overexaggeration comment above (the whole "sold us a fast-paced spec" thing is ridiculous, because the spec wasn't slowed down that much).

In which case you would have noticed that they did discuss the very points you just claimed they ignored? Nobody threatened anyone. Maybe player is overreacting, maybe he is not, but let's not pretend that Blizzard do not have a history of ignoring beta feedback only for it come back bite them on the arse when it hits live, and as I have said before all he had to do to avoid the situation is thank them for their feedback and tell them they will look into it.

I have thanks which is why I know they discussed the things you said were ignored.