Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

High end build requested - 1900 to 2500 eur

Hi smart-tech-guys-and/or-robots,

I want a new build. WoD super-ultra-high should be a piece of cake for the monster I want built. Also other next-gen games should be no issue and should run smooth, even when i'm watching three movies seperately next to it (so to speak). I'd like multiple GFX's card just to brag, really. If a 1-card setup might be better, go for it. I know nothing. Just like Jon Snow.

Looks matter. Epic case with some shiny lights are definitely what I like, though it should not be a major moneysink.

Budget
    About €1900 to €2500 (at maximum).

Country
    Netherlands. Import/taxes should not be added on top of budget (so budget is including taxes and shipping/import)

Resolution
    I got dual 1920x1080 (24''). Might upgrade later to 27'' monitors. Should be able to such case.

Games / Settings Desired
    Mentioned above. Should run WoD with ease on everything(!) maxxed out to the fullest. Also next-gen games should run like it's on hot coals.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    I browse. It should run Google's Chrome. And Skype.

So no, nothing else really intensive. But with this budget, it should be able to when I want it to.

Parts that can be reused
    None except pheripals. I want to sell my old computer second hand.

Do you need an OS?
    Yes, but please don't stick me up with Windows 8. Keep it Windows 7.

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    No, I do not.

So there you have it. Try and go wild. Please note that before mentioned budget includes any shipping and importing taxxes.

I was also thinking about buying a custom one from Origin (www.originpc.com). Anyone that can vouch for or against these guys? Only barrier I see is the stupid import taxxes that will make it 25% more expensive.

Thanks for your time reading, I appreciate your help.
    Last edited by mmoc111faf5c6f; 2014-07-28 at 09:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okey since the dutch version of pcpartpicker is seriously lacking a lot items I made this list in US version. You should still be able to get these for around 2-2.2k euros in europe.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: EVGA Z97 FTW ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($157.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($269.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($619.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case ($133.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Red 52.2 CFM 120mm Fan ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $2161.85
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-28 17:47 EDT-0400

Added the fans for the flash you wanted (they have red LED's). You can remove those if you wanna reduce the cost since the case comes with fans already. You can also get smaller HDD if you don't need 2TB on top of that 500gb SSD. Case choice is personal but that's by far the flashiest case I would recommend while staying with quality brands. Also, windows 7 isn't sold anymore so you'll have to find that one yourself.

Just responding to this bit.
    Should run WoD with ease on everything(!) maxxed out to the fullest.
    Don't expect it to run at a steady 60 with everything maxed or you will be sorely disappointed. No matter how much money you throw at it you will get framerate drops, thats just how things are with WoW's engine.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go for this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($322.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($144.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($157.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($247.98 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($148.99 @ Adorama)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card ($659.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master N600 Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts Platinum 650W 80+ Platinum Certified ATX Power Supply ($103.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($134.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $2234.85
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-28 18:16 EDT-0400

Aproximately 1663 euro.

The only thing you need to watch out for that the price may differ in netherlands.
    And if you have extra money toss in a titan for good measure :P instead of the 780.

Also I decided to go quality over shinyness in the case.

That case is really good for its money and looks simple enough
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2014-07-28 at 10:21 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    snip
    The extra 16Gb is a bit of a waste, if you want to fill the RAM slots go with a 4x4GB kit. That and please do not get a titan unless you need it for professional work AND want to game as well, it's a massive waste otherwise.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    The extra 16Gb is a bit of a waste, if you want to fill the RAM slots go with a 4x4GB kit. That and please do not get a titan unless you need it for professional work AND want to game as well, it's a massive waste otherwise.
    He did write this. and the titan i only recommend if he wants to use all the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiztik View Post
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    I browse. It should run Google's Chrome. And Skype.

So no, nothing else really intensive. But with this budget, it should be able to when I want it to.
    Currently on my pc with 16gigs of ram i do run out when i go into editing mode. granted im using my computer for other things as well plus in future 16 gigs will be the standard for lower end pc's

Also running some specific games of the ram is insanely fun XD
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the i7 is is a bit of a stretch, I don't see that as necessary. The extra cash can go into those super high end 780ti's.

With this kind of money , I would strongly suggest to wait for Haswell-E (as its going to be released during august) and get the cheap 400$ 6cores part with an X99 board and 16GB DDR4. This is just a matter of future proofing, because its not necessary for WoW @ Ultra, but still really usefull for editing. These cheap 6cores will sell like hot cakes, may your wallet be ready

(I say cheap .. just because they dont cost much compared to current Intel 6 cores )

Deleted
    I used alternate.nl, if you have a cheaper shop(s) better
    Black-red theme (except gpu cause they are best):

Cpu: Intel ® Core ™ i7-4790K 299€
    Cpu cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i, Waterkoeling 99.90€
    Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO 174.90€
    Ram: Corsair 16 GB DDR3-2400 Kit 162.90€
    ssd: Crucial MX100 CT512MX100SSD1, 512 GB 184.90€
    hdd: Western Digital AV-GP, 2 TB harde schijf 87.90€
    gpu: SAPPHIRE TRI-X R9 290X 4GB OC 469€
    Psu: Corsair RM1000, 1000 Watt 154.90€
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D, behuizing 149€
    o/s: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium NL 89.90€
    Cpu fan: be quiet! Silent Wings 2 PWM 120mm 29.99€
    Cables: Corsair Sleeved DC Cable Kit, Type 3 79.90€
    Lights: SilverStone SST-LS01R Red LED 19.99€
    --------------
    Total: 2501€

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously the above is overkill, but you said you wanted a system you can brag and do everything, almost...
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2014-07-29 at 09:33 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Dual GPU in WoW? I'm not sure it's very efficient.
    What OP wants is different from what he needs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Maybe you want to read the whole lot, not only the part you want. In this case what he wants > he needs, his choice.

WoD super-ultra-high should be a piece of cake for the monster I want built. Also other next-gen games should be no issue and should run smooth

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you want to read the whole lot, not only the part you want. In this case what he wants > he needs, his choice.
    Next gen games will be a issue, cf or not. And again, most systems don't utilize cf, why not go with a more powerful single gpu?
    Again, looks for me, add more cheese and pepperonii on my pizza even though it's already covered in way too much, and every bit more will just ruin it.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2014-07-29 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    Dual cards are rather well supported nowadays. If OP just games, i7 is quite unnecessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    With this kind of money , I would strongly suggest to wait for Haswell-E (as its going to be released during august) and get the cheap 400$ 6cores part with an X99 board and 16GB DDR4. This is just a matter of future proofing, because its not necessary for WoW @ Ultra, but still really usefull for editing. These cheap 6cores will sell like hot cakes, may your wallet be ready

(I say cheap .. just because they dont cost much compared to current Intel 6 cores )
    Not really sure what this means. I plan on buying the computer between now and end of August. Is the wait really worth it?

Why should it not be efficient? Because the way WoW works.. or? How about other games?

Specs > looks (thus, needs > wants). Sorry for any confusion. I rather have awesome hardware than nice looks, but I do like those. Would be ideal if awesome hardware could look epic .

Next gen games will be a issue, cf or not. And again, most systems don't utilize cf, why not go with a more powerful single gpu?
    Again, looks for me, add more cheese and pepperonii on my pizza even though it's already covered in way too much, and every bit more will just ruin it.
    Nice comparison. So a solid, strong single GPU will pwn a equal crossfire setup?

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Dual cards are rather well supported nowadays. If OP just games, i7 is quite unnecessary.
    So you'd go with a i5?

Thanks for all the answers guys! Really appreciate them. Gonna look through the hardware tonight. Currently at work.

Deleted
    Specs > looks (thus, needs > wants). Sorry for any confusion. I rather have awesome hardware than nice looks, but I do like those. Would be ideal if awesome hardware could look epic .
    Ok the clears it up then, the way i took it from your first post is that you wanted to go overkill, thus more than you need. Looks isn't a problem the build is badass, if you check the specs closely you will see i included a kit of sleeved cables and lights.

Now, that the above is clear what i would change in my proposal if i were "in your shoes" and your options:

Cpu: I would keep the i7 simply cause it would save me loads of hours trying to get the same i5 overclocked considering budget isn't a problem. If you also don't want to or don't have the time for overclock then i7 is for you.

Ram: For gaming at this moment 8gb (2x4) is enough no more needed, but if you are going to keep this more than say 4-5years 16gb might not be a bad idea since budget allow's it, you could call it future proof.

Ssd: 512gb ssd is alot and will cover you for loaaaads of games, and if you are not a heavy gamer as in play alot of games atm, you can drop to a 256gb and buy another 256gb or more in a few years if you need it. They will be cheaper and faster then.

GPu: Personally i would grab a single 780ti and be done. Simple as that.

Power supply: Since 1 gpu above, drop to Corsair RM650 and your done.

Cables. The kit was worth it for 2 gpu's, you may want to look to buy individual sleeved cables, if you still want looks, you may save a few euros there.

Case: Since this is going to be a single gpu setup a 750D would look too big for my tastes, i would grab its smaller brother Corsair 450D.

Hope the above covers it, if you got any other concerns pls ask.

[QUOTE=Kostattoo;28518373]I used alternate.nl, if you have a cheaper shop(s) better
    Black-red theme (except gpu cause they are best):

Cpu: Intel ® Core ™ i7-4790K 299€
    Cpu cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i, Waterkoeling 99.90€
    Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO 174.90€
    Ram: Corsair 16 GB DDR3-2400 Kit 162.90€
    ssd: Crucial MX100 CT512MX100SSD1, 512 GB 184.90€
    hdd: Western Digital AV-GP, 2 TB harde schijf 87.90€
    Psu: Corsair RM1000, 1000 Watt 154.90€
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D, behuizing 149€
    o/s: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium NL 89.90€
    Cables: Corsair Sleeved DC Cable Kit, Type 3 79.90€
    Lights: SilverStone SST-LS01R Red LED 19.99€
    --------------
    Total: 2501€

The build that has been linked is by far a money waster, the difference in performance from 1600 Mhz RAM to 2400 Mhz RAM is so little that it wouldnt matter anything at all, yet you pay an extra €80 just for 2 fps increase in games.
    Also a 1000 Watts power supply for that build is not needed unless you overclock like crazy. Just because something is expensive doesnt mean its super good compared to other options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdlock View Post
    The build that has been linked is by far a money waster, the difference in performance from 1600 Mhz RAM to 2400 Mhz RAM is so little that it wouldnt matter anything at all, yet you pay an extra €80 just for 2 fps increase in games.
    Also a 1000 Watts power supply for that build is not needed unless you overclock like crazy. Just because something is expensive doesnt mean its super good compared to other options.
    Did you even look at the prices at the website or are you full of it?

-A 16gb @ 1600Mhz is at 15euro difference at best, most kits are on the same price. Again check prices, you're clueless.

-The rig without overclocks will draw around 800W at full load. Having a little headroom, or counting small overclock and age degradation the usual 10-15%, i would say 1000W (there is no 900W psu's) is a safe bet.

Can you clarify what is expensive but not good in that rig? I even said when i proposed it that is overkill in specs, maybe you can link something better or of same performance at cheaper prices, would be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdlock View Post
    If your going to try and critique someone's build don't go off giving false information because you don't know what your talking about, it only hurts the person asking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    If your going to try and critique someone's build don't go off giving false information because you don't know what your talking about, it only hurts the person asking for help.
    Well I kind of agree with him, if you can really save on RAM by going 1600mhz instead of 2400mhz, thats fine with me, it doesnt really benefit in real word scenario. For the power supply issue, id much rather go with AX860i than a 1000w Bronze PSU (for exemple!) On the other hand the RM1000 is not overkill for this build, especially if the OP overclock all his rig!

True, but they are practically the same price so there is no reason not to get the 2400Mhz kit aside from your motherboard not supporting it. Just them stating that is was "an extra €80" that was completely false. A CL9 2400Mhz kit would be ideal, but those are generally absurdly expensive and you are more likely to get a CL10/11 kit.