Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    So I guess your justification is, "because", gotcha. No forethought came into forming your opinion. I do not have respect for badly formed opinions, sorry.
    I'm sorry, I've already explained that I can't go into my reasoning as to why I feel the way I do without breaking the rules of the forum and facing infraction. I really don't need your respect though, so think what you must about me. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    I'm sorry, I've already explained that I can't go into my reasoning as to why I feel the way I do without breaking the rules of the forum and facing infraction. I really don't need your respect though, so think what you must about me. =/
    i think i know know exactly what you mean......yep this debate is over you already lost.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i think i know know exactly what you mean......yep this debate is over you already lost.
    Lost?

I was only sharing my thoughts on a forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost?

if your using religion as a reason against gays doing what they do then YES YOU'VE LOST. which is what your post seems to be implying. i feel like your trying to bait me into starting a discussion on it
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2014-07-30 at 10:23 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost?

You appear to be only sharing the results of said alleged thoughts, not the thoughts themselves, as you seem to realize that said thoughts are sufficiently objectionable to contemporary society that you believe you will be infracted for them.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    So you know that you're going to come across as intolerant and offensive... so why post in the first place. I mean, if you're going to post an argument in your favour that's one thing, I'm willing to hear any rational argument towards a thought no matter what I think on said matter, such is the point of discussion and a discussion forum. But you won't do that because you know you'l be infracted, thus making your thought intolerant and offensive.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Why do we need to talk about sex in the context of marriage anyways? You know you can be gay and celibate, and as one poster said they don't define someone by the sex they have. The issue only comes down to equal rights before the law, not how you think it's gross for two men to have sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I believe Florida's ban also got overturned a few days ago.
    Only in Miami Dade county (Miami and Key West).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    My bet on my state, NC, being last is sadly still looking good.

Edit: Maybe not after reading the link just above
    At this point, you should be trying to get out of that bet cause you coming up either next or soon after.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Yeah it's funny to see all the Facebook posts. Maybe you should try reading the ruling in its entirety? I know that it's so super long and all but these are well formed opinions. I swear if I see another 'activist judge' post I'm going to lose my shit.
    Activists judges are only activists when they make rulings that you disagree with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    It does make sense from a nature perspective. Like a balancing act.
    It only makes sense if you believe that allowing gay marriage is going to suddenly make straight people gay. I am pretty sure you can't be that naive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    Do we have to dedicate every second worrying about the starving kids in Africa? Can we do something for ourselves?
    Personally, I'm more worried about the starving kids down the street. Sorry Africa.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You appear to be only sharing the results of said alleged thoughts, not the thoughts themselves, as you seem to realize that said thoughts are sufficiently objectionable to contemporary society that you believe you will be infracted for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    So you know that you're going to come across as intolerant and offensive... so why post in the first place. I mean, if you're going to post an argument in your favour that's one thing, I'm willing to hear any rational argument towards a thought no matter what I think on said matter, such is the point of discussion and a discussion forum. But you won't do that because you know you'l be infracted, thus making your thought intolerant and offensive.
    I just want to clarify the reason why I don't go into more detail about my reasoning isn't because what I want to say is hurtful or offensive or intolerant but because it's a religious view and Religion is a banned topic on mmo-champion. I simply came in the thread initially to state that:
    ... I don't support gay marriage, but I don't see how protesting against it helps anything.
    and also:
    If two complete strangers can get married in a drunken stupor than who am I to say 2 men can't? Doesn't mean I will support it either, though. There is literally no hate coming from me when I say I think homosexuality is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Myx View Post
    I don't know much about America but isn't the Westboro Baptist church in Kansas? if so I would imagine they would put up a fight (assuming they haven't already allowed it)

If not then I bet Kansas to be the last one

Like I say, I dunno much so correct me if i'm wrong :P
    WBB is 50 people in a sea of otherwise rationally sane people. The fact that they aren't getting more than 50 members kind of tells you what the rest of the state really thinks about them.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    WBB is 50 people in a sea of otherwise rationally sane people. The fact that they aren't getting more than 50 members kind of tells you what the rest of the state really thinks about them.
    Not...entirely true. I live 45 minutes from these nutcases. Most of the state agrees with their conclusions, but disagrees with their method. They find them rude, basically.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

The reason i hate the "alternate livestyle" / "same sex marriage" talk is because there *IS* alternate lifestyle and same sex marriage talk. I mean who strangers chose as their life partners or bed fellows doesn't impact my life and shocking I know but I really don't care what you do behind closed doors so to speak.

At work I know there's rules. I don't have to like those rules...but I have to respect them. Same thing IMO on the "lifestyle" issue. I really don't get why its so frigging complicated....you do what you do...but let me do what I do? you know?

As a straight male i don't flaunt my straight life style excessively though...so I expect the same from the same sex crowd as well.. If you want "us" to not freak over the marriage thing / live and let live....ok I'm fine with that...but respect our choice as well...don't "exhibit in front of us"...if you don't' want us to exhibit in front of you.

That's called compromising.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    The reason i hate the "alternate livestyle" / "same sex marriage" talk is because there *IS* alternate lifestyle and same sex marriage talk. I mean who strangers chose as their life partners or bed fellows doesn't impact my life and shocking I know but I really don't care what you do behind closed doors so to speak.

At work I know there's rules. I don't have to like those rules...but I have to respect them. Same thing IMO on the "lifestyle" issue. I really don't get why its so frigging complicated....you do what you do...but let me do what I do? you know?

As a straight male i don't flaunt my straight life style excessively though...so I expect the same from the same sex crowd as well.. If you want "us" to not freak over the marriage thing / live and let live....ok I'm fine with that...but respect our choice as well...don't "exhibit in front of us"...if you don't' want us to exhibit in front of you.

I'm not entirely sure what you're considering "exhibiting." If you're talking about pride parades, the more outlandish ones of those are disliked by gays as well.

If you're talking about PDA, be ready to outlaw all PDA.

Also, they shouldn't have to compromise to obtain what the Supreme Court has dubbed a human right.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Why stop there, i'm not married therefore men and women are not allowed to be seen together as it is an alternative to my life style. If you don't want me to harass you, physically assault you, or discriminate against you then don't let me see it. I don't understand why thats so hard to understand.

Its called compromising.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not the whole calling it marriage thing that is the problem. It's that "marriage" has tax breaks but "civil partnership" does not. All the gay people want is to have the same benefits as marriage. You could call it "magical butterfly syndrome" and they would not care as long as they have the same benefits, to not have them is called discrimination. That's it. Stop discriminating against gay people who love each other and there is no problem. The refusal to do so is the whole reason why they speak up, you say that you don't care who loves who but the whole reason they mention it is because they aren't allowed the same benefits as everyone else. The only reason they call it "marriage" is because that is the legal name. That's it, once gay people have the same rights in every state then it ceases to be an issue.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I voiced my opinion about gay people already. I consider them people with their own identities, separate from their sexual orientation and respect them, but I don't agree with their sexual choices. And I don't define them by their sexual orientation, either. I try not to judge anyone.

I just can't go into much detail as for my reasoning because I can face infraction for even bringing it up. That's all I meant.
    Is it really possible to honestly say you aren't judging people while also condemning their lifestyle?