Frost mage woes, can never get Brain Freeze on opener?

Is any other frost mages having problems with getting a single brain freeze to proc during the first 20 seconds? Half the time I am rarely getting them with living bomb and it ruins my burst DPS. Would it be worth it to just alter time with two FoF + double trinkets or wait for the free frostfire bolt? I am a frost mage with 575 ilvl and 16483 haste (Black blood build.)

I always get a BF proc almost immediately :< But you should never wait for AT if you don't have it, trinkets is the most important thing to use it on.

One BF proc over 2 FoF and trinkets up? Yeah, go ahead and skip the BF.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

try using nt instead? its worse dps but barely, and it ticks a shit ton more times. idk, i use nt all the time even on st just because i like it.

^

Yeeeaaah... That'd be greeeeeat...

Seriously though, if you get that unlucky on pull, just skip it.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

dont alter time for brain freeze and fof. you AT for trinket procs. you do want at least 1 fof proc for it though, anything more is a bonus

as mentioned above, you AT for trinket procs and icy veins, not the FoF/BF procs really.

Ideally you should be able to snag at least 1 FoF/BF proc before you have to activate AT, but don't loose icy veins/trinket buff uptime by delaying AT for a FoF/BF proc.

Quote Originally Posted by adezero View Post
    dont alter time for brain freeze and fof. you AT for trinket procs. you do want at least 1 fof proc for it though, anything more is a bonus
    Depends how long you have on your trinkets. I'd wait til ~6-7s left on the lowest duration proc (since AT resets 6s) if I only had 1 FoF, because that's incredibly rare for me to only have one FoF and no BF or second FoF. I'd never let a trinket expire for the sake of waiting for a second proc, but I wouldn't AT immediately because there's 0 benefit to do so.

Also, keep in mind how rare it actually is to get only one FoF. That's a guaranteed one from Orb. This means you failed multiple of 9%/a fair amount of 25% checks for BF from NT/LB (respectively), and a plethora of 15% checks for FoF from both Orb and FB. The chance of not getting at least one of these to snag you a proc is pretty astounding, especially at high levels of Haste and IV/Heroism-TW-Bloodlust popped.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-07-29 at 06:36 PM.

get extra cd addon and it even shows you the count down of the procs....try wait a bit until the most important ones proc and 9/10 times you should have at least 2 fof...from FO and 9/10 you should get BF from bomb. But as said dont wait for it your legendary, immersiuis and what ever trink you have extra are most important to get a full run through again

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    try using nt instead? its worse dps but barely, and it ticks a shit ton more times. idk, i use nt all the time even on st just because i like it.
    BF proc chance is normalized by number of ticks. Frost Bomb tick one time per cast - 100% proc chance per tick, Fire Bomb 4 times - 25% chance per tick, etc.