1. #1
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,952

    Fastest way to level?

    Hello! So I've been levelling a new character, and I'm now almost 86, the most boring part IMO, I heard that timeless Isle mob farming is very efficient, has anyone done this recently? a friend of mine tried recently and said he got crap exp,. so I wondered if they changed it, I play on a high pop PvP server, so I think I'll have to find someone on a PvE server to invite me over to actually do it

    Any help /advice is appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  2. #2
    You can't just farm any mobs on Timeless, you have to do it right.

    Either round up the whole beach of turtles, 9-12 of the small cranes, or a group or two of the worms, and AE them down.

    It's not great exp on a per mob basis, but on my Blood DK (last alt I leveled there) I was able to do 85-90 in about 40 min per level pretty easily.

    If you can't kill them fast enough or there's too much competition, it gets bad fast.

    The most consistently fast method of leveling is pet battles- ~60-70 wins will get you a level every level from 85-90. If you have battle pets to level or enjoy collecting, more the better.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,559
    Pet Battles is pretty good, but nothing beats just turning on some music and mindlessly questing.

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    Pet Battles is pretty good, but nothing beats just turning on some music and mindlessly questing.
    Yeah I've never even learnt pet battles, I was hyped when it was first announced, but I get a bit too addicted to things like that, so I figured it was best to leave it, and so now I've been doing the whole, music and questing routine lol,

    And thanks for that info JemiS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  5. #5
    Fastest way to level now a days pay $60, so all of the 5 mins to go to the website and enter your cc info :P
    CPU:i5 [email protected] GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Profigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

  6. #6
    Are monkey runs still a thing?

  7. #7
    I normally just quest like a mad man. I figure if you just bury your head in the sand and get to 90 asap, you will save time in the long run and then start doing things that are more fun.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I normally just quest like a mad man. I figure if you just bury your head in the sand and get to 90 asap, you will save time in the long run and then start doing things that are more fun.
    As much as I agree with this, I personally can't last 15 minutes just normally questing while leveling these days before I get too bored and log off to one of my 90s

    I'm curious with Lightwysh, are monkey runs still pretty quick?

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,952
    Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    Fastest way to level now a days pay $60, so all of the 5 mins to go to the website and enter your cc info :P
    Lol well that's true But I've not got that sort of money, I could buy a double shoulder of leather for the cost of a character boost=/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  10. #10
    Are you sure you want to level maybe 10% faster by brainlessly grinding mobs instead of just questing which is arguably a lot more fun?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Hello! So I've been levelling a new character, and I'm now almost 86, the most boring part IMO, I heard that timeless Isle mob farming is very efficient, has anyone done this recently? a friend of mine tried recently and said he got crap exp,. so I wondered if they changed it, I play on a high pop PvP server, so I think I'll have to find someone on a PvE server to invite me over to actually do it

    Any help /advice is appreciated!
    Timeless farming is really fast. I get around 2+ levels per hour when I have a level 90 helping. Get the tags out of group with your friend and he/she finishes the enemies off, you get full xp. Reforge your gear, eat and drink some hit rating so you can get the tags quicker.
    Last edited by Biggles Worth; 2014-07-29 at 02:37 PM.

  12. #12
    Warchief MickM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,130
    Timeless Isle only works if you have a range class and lots of lvl 90 friends to help you out for hours.

    Just get rested XP (or not) and do quests in Kun'lai while in the dungeon finder. Kun'lai has LOADS of quests that can really pile up. Also, you have to kill a lot, so more xp.
    86-90 is long and crappy, but very doable!

  13. #13
    Darkmoon Faire will be here soon, if you're still leveling by then you can get your carousel buff.

  14. #14
    Fastest way is ofc to buy the boost, the second fastest way is this....
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...nkey-runs.html

    Its not fixed, (someone in the thread said its fixed but its not true) I boosted a friend 2 Days ago by doing this. There are other people aware of the method however so it might be taken
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2014-07-29 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Most of the Wildstar beta that I participated in consisted of global chat talking about how much better World of Warcraft was until we eventually logged off and logged onto Warcraft instead (that was hilarious).

  15. #15
    Field Marshal Momentanius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wild West
    Posts
    90
    If you are a tank, dungeons will get you a lot of exp!

  16. #16
    I think the 85-90 way is best to be made with quests. Bg's won't help at all nor will the dungeons so. You can quest, and after you get bored run a bg or two and then start again . That's my advice anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •