New computer, need help

So I've never never built a computer before and I want to make/buy one for gaming. I want it to at least be able to play and stream LoL/Wow on ultra graphics. I dont know much about the parts themselves, but I did notice the Narwhal component list and its within my price range (it should still be on the front page). So the question is are there any other things that the list is missing if I were to order the parts from amazon? I was told by friends that I need an Anti-static wrist band and thermal paste, stuff that's not on that list.
    Another thing is would I need to buy windows 8 and something to make the computer wireless and how much more would that cost me. I was told that I could get a decent one from best buy and I found cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-desktop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive on best buy's website (not allowed to post the link, so just google it) . Do you think that computer would work just as good as the Narwhal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey,
    First you need to read the sticky: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-build-Read-me!
    Second, wrong forum, you need to post in subforum
    Third, you don't need anti-static wrist band and thermal paste comes with aftermarket CPU cooler
    Fourth, prebuilt PC's are overpriced, for example if you spend 2k$ on bets buy PC, the same PC if you buy parts separately will be 400-600 cheaper.
    Fifth, with prebuilt PC's you get "no name" parts, with that I mean you don't get the best possible part individually, or parts with bad quality (Hitachi HDD for example).
    Sixth, you can get stupid crap, I work in IT and recently I had a PC that had no thermal paste applied to CPU. Or a friend paid 300$ for work and they didn't connect all the power cables to GPU so it didn't work.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Building a PC is quite simple.. i believe they even give you instructions to install the parts.

just dont stand on carpet doing so a kitchen floor (which is usually tile) is fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops
    Third, you don't need anti-static wrist band
    Kind of risky advice to give. I mean you don't need a car insurance or smoke alarm system in your house either but it's highly recommended. I haven't ever used one myself and never had any problems but I'm not so bold to go and recommend that to anyone else, it's a personal risk you'll have to take yourself. I mean it's possible to take precautions and reduce the risk but there's always a chance you might damage something wihtout an anti-static wrist strap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinytots View Post
    Another thing is would I need to buy windows 8 and something to make the computer wireless and how much more would that cost me.
    You'll need a copy of windows but if you already have an old PC which has windows you can in most cases use that (windows 7 or newer). If you want wireless connection you can either buy an add-on card for that OR choose a motherboard that has build in wifi. I'd advice to read the sticky http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-build-Read-me! and post a new thread in appropriate forum section so people can give you more advice about this.
    I was told that I could get a decent one from best buy and I found cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-desktop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive on best buy's website (not allowed to post the link, so just google it) . Do you think that computer would work just as good as the Narwhal.
    It's almost always better to build it yourself if you're only willing to do a little more work. The only case I would recommend buying a prebuild would be if you had shit tons of money, no spare time at all and absolutely no interest in learning new stuff.

Building it yourself will be cheaper, you'll get exactly the parts you want and know will work the best for you and it's usually a tons of fun as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Kind of risky advice to give. I mean you don't need a car insurance or smoke alarm system in your house either but it's highly recommended. I haven't ever used one myself and never had any problems but I'm not so bold to go and recommend that to anyone else, it's a personal risk you'll have to take yourself. I mean it's possible to take precautions and reduce the risk but there's always a chance you might damage something wihtout an anti-static wrist strap.
    I've rarely used an anti-static device of any kind, and then only on server hardware. I've never had any type of equipment fail or have issues due to static, and I've worked on thousands of computers.

Yes, it's possible to have issues due to static, but the chances are 99.9999% that you won't. Just touch the metal in the case before you connect the parts, it's pretty easy.

Never used any anti-static stuff during my builds, but usually before starting the build I made sure Im not standing on a wool carpet or something like that, I also tend to ground myself before I start and few times during the build.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |