Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What region do you want the next Elder Scrolls game to be in?

Personally I'd have to go with Black Marsh, from what I've read it's very dark, swampy and there could just be so much hidden all over the place there. I'd say give it till ES VII for another foresty place such as Valenwood.

I'm not too knowledgeable on ES but Black Marsh caught my eye over everything else.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I want it to be in Cyrodiil again. I've noticed that nothing matters outside of what happens in Cyrodiil with this series.

Skyrim should've never happened in Skyrim. Everything should just take place in Cyrodiil because its the only region that ultimately matters.

Probably Valenwood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see an Elder Scrolls that takes place in Elsweyr and Valenwood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valen Dreth's home. That guy was doing some serious trash talk. I want to see if it was BS or for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be nice to see the next game include everything.

However, another ES solo RPG is going to be 100% dependent on the success or failure of ESO, which is too bad.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly id like for it to not be anywhere on tamriel. there is akavir as well to the east but as far as i know they have never really done anything with it outside of it existing in the lore.

Elsweyr or High Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Be nice to see the next game include everything.

However, another ES solo RPG is going to be 100% dependent on the success or failure of ESO, which is too bad.
    bethesda has said over and over that ESO has nothing to do with TES. they're separate entities made by separate companies. zenimax is a sibling company with no overlap. it would be like blizz affecting infinity ward. they have nothing to do with each other and it has been said time and time again, we both know you've seen it, this is nothing but a crybaby cheapshot meant to put ESO down (because it was too hard, admit it)

TES sold what, 15 million copies? you think they're not already working on another? nobody is THAT stupid....right?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    nobody is THAT stupid....right?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

OT: I would like to see the whole world again, Like Elder Scrolls Arena back in the day. So much more scenery and content. Would be a massive game to make though.

*edit* Atleast an area with a variety of scenery. Skyrim was awesome for the forest and cold mountain type scene but some times it is just nice to sit on a beach in the sun or take your bow out into some grassland for a hunt.
    Last edited by Splatter; 2014-07-29 at 04:08 AM.

Anywhere but ugly ass Morrowind.

That place is hideous. Not even ESO could make it look good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    bethesda has said over and over that ESO has nothing to do with TES. they're separate entities made by separate companies. zenimax is a sibling company with no overlap. it would be like blizz affecting infinity ward. they have nothing to do with each other and it has been said time and time again, we both know you've seen it, this is nothing but a crybaby cheapshot meant to put ESO down ...

TES sold what, 15 million copies? you think they're not already working on another? nobody is THAT stupid....right?
    My concern is that their game will flop and because they're owned by Zenimax who is Bethesda's parent (they are NOT separate, Bethesda is a subsidiary) will have their shareholders flip out and start gutting Bethesda to recoup the losses.

My secondary concern is that ESO will be incredibly successful and it's subsequent expansions will be treated as replacements for single-player ES rpgs. In the same way SWTOR was used basically as a replacement for KOTOR3.

...(because it was too hard, admit it)
    I never played ESO, so I honestly don't know if it's too hard or too easy for me.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    My secondary concern is that ESO will be incredibly successful and it's subsequent expansions will be treated as replacements for single-player ES rpgs. In the same way SWTOR was used basically as a replacement for KOTOR3.
    KOTOR 3 is in development, just so you know.

Also, I somehow doubt that zenimax would gut their most successful product because of one mark on the IP.

That's like cancelling Star Wars cause the Ewoks were dumb.
    His name is Robert Paulsen.

Elsweyr hands down. Somewhere other than the sterotypical medieval anglo-saxon lore, Roman architecture, and snowy landscapes that have plagued the last two games. Getting to meet a land full of deserts and jungles (especially jungles) could add depth with vertical combat. Become a Skooma lord, And most importantly...

KITTENS!!!

As long as it's not an MMO and not in Skyrim I'm happy. A bit of variety wouldn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gufkys View Post
    KOTOR 3 is in development, just so you know.
    Obsidian has shown interest in producing a third KOTOR, but nothing solid. Personally, I'd prefer Bioware to develop it. Do you have a source?

It will almost assuredly be set in the whole world or a big part of it just like ESO. I mean this game won't even be out until probably 2020, and by then there will be serious size expectations.

My concern is that their game will flop and because they're owned by Zenimax who is Bethesda's parent (they are NOT separate, Bethesda is a subsidiary) will have their shareholders flip out and start gutting Bethesda to recoup the losses.
    Private company, pretty unlikely to cave to investor demands in the same was a public one. Your second concern is more likely, but also probably won't happen. Games that sell 20 million+ copies get sequels, even if it takes awhile.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Elsweyr!

Or maybe Hammerfall...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm hoping Elsweyr/Valenwood/Alinor(Summerset isle) so I can systematically annihilate every single effin thalmor I see... ALL OF THEM. Hell, I'd even accept some Hammerfell, because Daggerfall was loooooong ago and ESO gave me a taste of the nice tropical environments.

Just not the volcanic scenery of Morrowind, the Tundra/Mountainous scenery of Skyrim, or the endless swamp of Black marsh; I don't want those, they're too bloody monotonous.

As for TES VII, I'd really like it to be on Akavir. By now we've been everywhere in Tamriel, seen pretty much all the sentient beings there (enemies or otherwise), and (hopefully) resolved the issue with the bloody elves getting too cocky... again. I want to meet (and most likely kill) the Kamal, Tsaesci, Tang Mo, and Ka Po' Tun. About time there's some new races thrown in the player mix too.
    Last edited by Ærion; 2014-07-29 at 05:49 AM.

Alinor or even Cyrodiil again. Going to be really disappointed if its Elsweyr...
    Mighty one, never forget.