Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you replace "not asking a crush out" with "not buying a video game that became insanely expensive later on", then yes, I do have regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I don't ask for a few reasons. I can bring them only misery so if I like them I would not want them to be with me and suffer.
    If I did ask and they reject me then I have to do everything I can to ruin the life of the person they like.
    You are fun at parties I'm just sure of it!

On a serious note, if you are for real.....here's the trick to feel better about yourself in just a few minutes....have you ever seen "JackAss" (the movie series)...yeah watch that...and if you aren't quite yet feeling better about yourself.....there's always the nightly news ....some low life scum ball criminal is bound to be featured that'll make you happy about you being better than "that" guy.

Life is short don't let anyone tell ya differently....life will naturally through bad stuff at you, so don't add your own bad stuff -- enjoy every day you can. Just remember there's ALWAYS someone who has it worse than you.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah! Would see this girl everyday in school but never had the guts to talk to her. I was scared as shit and didn't want to get rejected. Missed out on her and now i'm out of high school. Fucking sucks that i never got the chance!

Ah to hell with it, but i will say "fuck you mmo-c people for changing my mind and making me do this". After reading this thread and the responses from people i came to a conclusion about a thing, There is this girl that i know for 1y+ and even tho i try and act like i am made of rock, this is probably the only girl in my 30 year life that i can say i am willing to take a bullet for. I havent tryed anything yet, but many of my friends already told me, man go for it, cant you see the way she is acting around you.

Tbh even i have been noticing for quite some months the way she is acting with me when compared to my friends, but since i spent most of my life going with better live not knowing that getting hurt with truth i didnt do any "moves" so far. Now after reading all of the responses, some rly got to me and gonna set up a drink in the next few days (maybe even today) and go balls to the wall. As someone said with a "No" you can move on, but without asking it will hunt you for long time if it could have been a "Yes".

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no romantic regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    Ah to hell with it, but i will say "fuck you mmo-c people for changing my mind and making me do this". After reading this thread and the responses from people i came to a conclusion about a thing, There is this girl that i know for 1y+ and even tho i try and act like i am made of rock, this is probably the only girl in my 30 year life that i can say i am willing to take a bullet for. I havent tryed anything yet, but many of my friends already told me, man go for it, cant you see the way she is acting around you.

Tbh even i have been noticing for quite some months the way she is acting with me when compared to my friends, but since i spent most of my life going with better live not knowing that getting hurt with truth i didnt do any "moves" so far. Now after reading all of the responses, some rly got to me and gonna set up a drink in the next few days (maybe even today) and go balls to the wall. As someone said with a "No" you can move on, but without asking it will hunt you for long time if it could have been a "Yes".
    I wish best of luck mate, I am using the indirect method and slowly trying to show her my feeling :P
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by a C e View Post
    I wish best of luck mate, I am using the indirect method and slowly trying to show her my feeling :P
    Been doing that for few months now and so far she seems to enjoy it. I know i could drag it a bit more, but its eating me alive not knowing the answer to the question and after reading some posts here, kinda decided it is about time to go all in.

Ty and gl to you too.

Deleted
    oh boy do I regret it, I used to be so freaking autistic that I once even told my crush that I liked her and since then, she was just waiting to be asked out. Needless to say, I did not do it because I was too affraid of getting out of my comfort zone, and too scared of failure and embarassment. Now I don't really give a crap about anything like this, so I'm pretty sure I'd do it if I had a chance. Too bad she's half of the world away and about to marry some guy.

Somewhat. I regretted those situations more in the past than I do now, just because of the fact that I have a great girlfriend whom I plan on marrying someday.

By the time I was 23 though, I learned to not fear rejection, that it's part of life and that I needed to toughen up and just deal with it. Otherwise it's easy to fall for someone who doesn't love you back. I'd rather know that they don't like me when I only like them, to know that they don't like me when I'm 100% about them. Hurts less that way.

Moral of the story: If you meet a girl, she's single, and you think that it may be worth a shot. Ask her out. She'll like the confidence, and even if she says no, the idea that women get offended by people asking them out is pretty much a myth. Friendships continue, and it's not awkward unless you make it awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    the idea that women get offended by people asking them out is pretty much a myth. Friendships continue, and it's not awkward unless you make it awkward.
    Probably not a diffrence between genders, but it's diffrent for each person. As I dislike it when friends (or people in general) I'm not in the slightest interested in ask me out, wether they are really close or just some friendly person in your study group etc. Friendships doesn't last (or change a lot) past that if it's not a very close friend, atleast it hasn't for me, and it becomes awkward the moment you say no nomatter what.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

I try not to worry too much about 'what if' situations. There's a couple of people out there that I wish I'd asked out when I had the chance, though. At the time I wasn't comfortable in my own sexuality and wasn't sure if they were interested in men. In one case it turned out that they were - but I missed my opportunity to hook up with the guy and failed to see the signs that he was interested in me back when I was a lot more naive than I am now.

I've been in a steady relationship for about three years now and have been living with my current partner for a year - so it's not as if things didn't work out for me after that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I try not to worry too much about 'what if' situations. There's a couple of people out there that I wish I'd asked out when I had the chance, though. At the time I wasn't comfortable in my own sexuality and wasn't sure if they were interested in men. In one case it turned out that they were - but I missed my opportunity to hook up with the guy and failed to see the signs that he was interested in me back when I was a lot more naive than I am now. :p

I've been in a steady relationship for about three years now and have been living with my current partner for a year - so it's not as if things didn't work out for me after that point.
    If you break up with your partner, you'll have to ask that other guy out.. Such cute stories, now end the story like they end in movies, -> end up with the one that got away ;)
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post

Fucking A. Go for it, dude. All the best luck

10+ Year Old Account
    Just talk to the girl or guy you like...

The concept of 'asking out', is so dated.

Just lay your personality on them, keep it simple and real.