Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb Cataclysm Baine the last Bloodhoof?

Hey everyone!

I had a lore question for you guys.

Following the events of The Shattering, with Baine on the run after the Grimtotem take control of Thunder Bluff, with Cairne dead, would that make Baine the last remaining Bloodhoof?

In the game the only Bloodhoofs seem to be Baine, Cairne, and the Elder ghost guy, two of which are now unfortunately deceased.

Could you call Baine something like "The Last Bloodhoof?" (Just for a little story I'm working on)

Thanks!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. Baine is so young. He can easily find a mate to have a child with. Then, that person will be another Bloodhoof.

Deleted
    So, until he has kids he'll be the last remaining Bloodhoof lorewise?

10+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be a trend in wow of 'the last of their line'. Varok is the last of the Saurfangs, seen how is son is dead (though doesn't he have a niece?), The hellscream line is now dead with Garrosh, So is the Fordring line (I think) and Mankriks.
    You could count the stormrage line to since Malfurion appears to be barren, dating Tyrande for hundreds of years and no kids.
    #boycottchina

It could also just be that no one else with the Bloodhoof name has been specifically mentioned. Baine, or even Cairne, could have had aunts, uncles, cousins, etc etc whatever, with the Bloodhoof name, but they're just not been named in fiction. Isn't the tribe of Tauren in general the 'Bloodhoof Tribe' with a few others joined in for numbers?

Would seem kinda silly to name them after just a line of one or two rather than an entire family
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Deleted
    yep. WoW heroes got some serious problems with reproduction..

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    Except Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Except Thrall.
    And Varian

And Genn

And the bronzebeards

And the stormstouts
    #boycottchina

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRazz View Post
    So, until he has kids he'll be the last remaining Bloodhoof lorewise?
    Pretty much

Some can't (Forsaken), some don't need to - but should (Draenei), some just don't have the time (Heroes)...
    It's all part of Blizzard's storywriting. Mary Sue Thrall had to be complete by giving him a wife and baby child. Varian had to have a child in order to share the same fate as his father. Garrosh needed to be a bachelor because the Hellscream-line had to be wiped out... that's stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And Varian

And Genn

And the bronzebeards

And the stormstouts
    and Alleria/Turalyon and Veressa but still more children is dieing than birthing

and Alleria/Turalyon and Veressa but still more children is dieing than birthing
    These things are not really fit to continue either blood line though.

It could also just be that no one else with the Bloodhoof name has been specifically mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Varian had to have a child in order to share the same fate as his father.
    What fate? The fate where he gets assassinated and his city sacked? Did that happen again? Do you know something we don't?

Genn is in the same boat as Saurfang senior - namely old and his only son and heir dies.
    Unless he somehow had more children that aren't shown in the game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Genn is in the same boat as Saurfang senior - namely old and his only son and heir dies.
    Unless he somehow had more children that aren't shown in the game...
    doesn't he have a daughter?

Deleted
    There seems to be a trend in wow of 'the last of their line'. Varok is the last of the Saurfangs, seen how is son is dead (though doesn't he have a niece?), The hellscream line is now dead with Garrosh, So is the Fordring line (I think) and Mankriks.
    You could count the stormrage line to since Malfurion appears to be barren, dating Tyrande for hundreds of years and no kids.
    Saurfang does indeed still have his niece Thura. But she's a Knaak creation so we don't talk about her. It would surprise me greatly if it isn't revealed that Garrosh had a kid off of Zaela (or even two) in the years he was on Draenor. Possibly they came with Zaela to Azeroth and are already secreted away somewhere, babysat by one of Garrosh' loyal men.

- - - Updated - - -

Tess. She's on Draenor in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Not at all. Baine is so young. He can easily find a mate to have a child with. Then, that person will be another Bloodhoof.
    Except Blizzard can't write romance stories, so they'll avoid this altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    It could also just be that no one else with the Bloodhoof name has been specifically mentioned. Baine, or even Cairne, could have had aunts, uncles, cousins, etc etc whatever, with the Bloodhoof name, but they're just not been named in fiction. Isn't the tribe of Tauren in general the 'Bloodhoof Tribe' with a few others joined in for numbers?
    Possibly.

Tess.

He does. Marrying her and Anduin is a popular royal arranged marriage fan idea.

Nah, he just loves the Emerald Dream more than he loves his wife; he spends more time there than with his wife too. If I had to deal with someone like that, I'd be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Nah, he just loves the Emerald Dream more than he loves his wife; he spends more time there than with his wife too. If I had to deal with someone like that, I'd be pissed.
    Wouldn't be pissed. Would just dump them and move on.