Unholy and Garrosh - LF Advice

My history: I've been tanking this whole patch, and now my guild just got to garrosh heroic and i will dps him.(long history short)

I just hear everywhere that unholy is far superior right now and so i tried it out sometimes and... well, my dps is pretty dps IF it happens to both trinkets + fallen crusader proc at the same time, which was a pain to happen.

And so i switched back to frost but I everyone still tells me that unholy is far superior and yada yada yada.

So I would appreciate some tips from you guys.

And yeah, I already know about festerblight and stuff, but as i said before, my trinkets rarelly line up.

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...light/advanced

Deleted
    It's interesting since, my trinkets always get on together at the beginning of the fight, what is enough for me to begin something with festerblight, just checking the trinkets nothing more, and even if only one gets on through the fight that is enough too. they will proc together again, just do some more test on dummys to see how they get on. And yes unholy is better than frost

Deleted
    I think both our DKs played Unholy for this, and they whined and moaned about not getting synced trinket procs until they took Unholy Blight - I don't think they've complained since. If you use Unholy Blight on the pull there's enough damage instances in a short time from it that not getting everything to proc is extremely unlikely.

Also remember that the boss only goes immune in intermissions; he doesn't actually clear debuffs when doing it, so you can Festering Strike enough in P1 to keep your DoTs on the boss and not have to reapply weaker ones after the intermission.

Deleted
    It really depends on what you're missing on the Garrosh fight. Unholy will end up doing more dmg on Garrosh. But if it's the first intermission that is killing you, DW frost will do much better. Much better burst dmg and AoE.

If you're not doing this already, try and abuse AMS as much as possible. Whenever there's magical dmg or something use it. My guild kills the warbringers so quickly anyway that i don't bother AoE'ing so i can focus on Garrosh. I don't do any AoE in that fight when i play unholy. Apart from the 1st intermission phase.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I think both our DKs played Unholy for this, and they whined and moaned about not getting synced trinket procs until they took Unholy Blight - I don't think they've complained since. If you use Unholy Blight on the pull there's enough damage instances in a short time from it that not getting everything to proc is extremely unlikely.

Also remember that the boss only goes immune in intermissions; he doesn't actually clear debuffs when doing it, so you can Festering Strike enough in P1 to keep your DoTs on the boss and not have to reapply weaker ones after the intermission.
    And i don't find this good at all. Atleast for me my trinkets proc up again inside the intermission phase again when im back on the boss. Spending all your death runes to extend your diseases past the intermission phase might not be the best idea.
    Last edited by mmoc3c02903358; 2014-07-29 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    It really depends on what you're missing on the Garrosh fight. Unholy will end up doing more dmg on Garrosh. But if it's the first intermission that is killing you, DW frost will do much better. Much better burst dmg and AoE.

If you're not doing this already, try and abuse AMS as much as possible. Whenever there's magical dmg or something use it. My guild kills the warbringers so quickly anyway that i don't bother AoE'ing so i can focus on Garrosh. I don't do any AoE in that fight when i play unholy. Apart from the 1st intermission phase.

And i don't find this good at all. Atleast for me my trinkets proc up again inside the intermission phase again when im back on the boss. Spending all your death runes to extend your diseases past the intermission phase might not be the best idea.
    I think, if I remember correctly, that our two DKs spend most of P1 spamming Festering Strike because we push it before 2nd Warsong no matter what they do, and that way they barely ever need to extend diseases again for the rest of the fight. Not 100% sure, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I think, if I remember correctly, that our two DKs spend most of P1 spamming Festering Strike
    This is what I do as well, except the fight is still more than long enough to require a fair bit more disease extension in phase two.

If you're using blood tap and not spending death runes on festering strike your diseases will last about 40% longer than their remaining duration.