Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    High Overlord Skyefire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuja View Post
    pretty sure he means Frostbolt (halfway thru) > Water Jet > Frostbolt > BF which should net 3 FOF procs
    Hey Ryu haha. And yeah I figured that out halfway through the typing the post haha, got barely any sleep before raid testing. :S
    Skye <Avast> | US - Frostmourne 14/14H | Twitch | Armoury

    Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

  2. #22
    What is the stat priority for frost on beta looking like now?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    What is the stat priority for frost on beta looking like now?
    To the best of my knowledge, current estimates look like (MS > 0.5 Int >= Crit/Haste/Vers > Mast)

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, current estimates look like (MS > 0.5 Int >= Crit/Haste/Vers > Mast)
    So that means we should glyph Icy Veins?

  5. #25
    High Overlord Skyefire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    133
    If we use TV and Icy Veins glyph, does it become better than PC (without skada bug?). Someone mentioned somewhere that you could pretty much have 100% uptime of TV, so I was wondering if the sustained dmg you get from that would outweigh the dps you get from PC's burst.
    Skye <Avast> | US - Frostmourne 14/14H | Twitch | Armoury

    Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyefire View Post
    If we use TV and Icy Veins glyph, does it become better than PC (without skada bug?). Someone mentioned somewhere that you could pretty much have 100% uptime of TV, so I was wondering if the sustained dmg you get from that would outweigh the dps you get from PC's burst.
    IIRC the ridiculous uptimes were obtained with FO/Imp Blizz + TV on the beastlord, which has a ton of adds. I suppose you could get 100% IV time if you just spam IL with TV, but I can't imagine that being good DPS.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    So that means we should glyph Icy Veins?
    Until you start wasting MS with it, my guess is yes.
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2014-08-06 at 11:39 PM.

  7. #27
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,717
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    A blizzard on single target barely reduces the cooldown at all, I severely doubt this will ever be an increase.
    The only time it would be smart to Blizzard a single target is if you used it too early and you'll need it for a pack of adds to come. Yes, it'll be a loss of DPS, but if it's for the good of your raid, you should do it to prevent a wipe

    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Frost Bomb + MI + PC is the best by far.
    FB is going to be nerfed; it's already known to be too good. MI and PC are already known to be very good, and might get nerfed (or the others buffed).

    [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 10/14H
    Battletag: Polarthief#1411

  8. #28
    High Overlord Skyefire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    IIRC the ridiculous uptimes were obtained with FO/Imp Blizz + TV on the beastlord, which has a ton of adds. I suppose you could get 100% IV time if you just spam IL with TV, but I can't imagine that being good DPS.
    Ah, fair enough. Thank you. Haven't actually had time to test it myself but IL spam all day doesn't sound like a particularly engaging rotation.
    WRT: Beastlord, wouldn't it be more effective dps to just spam Blizzard on the add packs as opposed to spamming IL anyway?
    Skye <Avast> | US - Frostmourne 14/14H | Twitch | Armoury

    Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyefire View Post
    Ah, fair enough. Thank you. Haven't actually had time to test it myself but IL spam all day doesn't sound like a particularly engaging rotation.
    WRT: Beastlord, wouldn't it be more effective dps to just spam Blizzard on the add packs as opposed to spamming IL anyway?
    Not sure. I didn't play Frost on the fight. But people were spamming IL due to having FO up near constantly, and with the number of adds up you were just GCDing FoF-ILs. If that's optimal, dunno. But it was humorous to see.

  10. #30
    Sounds interesting, one of my higher used toons is a frost mage. as for all this what should i do, how should i spec, etc. TO much goes into all this, I'm not a hardcore raider but I'm decent, and to this i say, play how you want to play, have fun, if the guild or raid group you're in is whining about the 1 or 2 percent extra damage you could be doing, leave. The game has gone from having fun and still doing good and not messing up in raids to who has the highest dps, no fun, just burn through everything. Do what spells and rotations feel correct to you.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Sounds interesting, one of my higher used toons is a frost mage. as for all this what should i do, how should i spec, etc. TO much goes into all this, I'm not a hardcore raider but I'm decent, and to this i say, play how you want to play, have fun, if the guild or raid group you're in is whining about the 1 or 2 percent extra damage you could be doing, leave. The game has gone from having fun and still doing good and not messing up in raids to who has the highest dps, no fun, just burn through everything. Do what spells and rotations feel correct to you.
    Not everyone derives their enjoyment from the same things you do (and vise versa). Some want to do the best they can, so they will always come looking for advice on optimal play. That being said, it's a bit silly to be looking to min/max un-tuned classes for un-tuned bosses

    A raid environment that pushes you for the extra few percent isn't a bad thing to everyone, some of us enjoy it.

  12. #32
    High Overlord Skyefire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    That being said, it's a bit silly to be looking to min/max un-tuned classes for un-tuned bosses

    A raid environment that pushes you for the extra few percent isn't a bad thing to everyone, some of us enjoy it.
    Yeah I know. But still, I find it fun to do the best I can regardless of whether the numbers are un-tuned or not. And I'm kinda wishful thinking that the frost numbers stay similar to what they are atm so that I can keep playing with a similar playstyle. Dat PC/FB/FO burst is pretty neat.
    Skye <Avast> | US - Frostmourne 14/14H | Twitch | Armoury

    Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

  13. #33
    I've been trying out frost in dungeons and i'm not really sure what to do in an aoe situation where your frozen orb/ crystal are on cd. I've just been casting frost bomb then blizzard then spamming IL procs into the frost bomb target? or is it better to just keep spamming frostbolt instead of blizzard?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGate View Post
    I've been trying out frost in dungeons and i'm not really sure what to do in an aoe situation where your frozen orb/ crystal are on cd. I've just been casting frost bomb then blizzard then spamming IL procs into the frost bomb target? or is it better to just keep spamming frostbolt instead of blizzard?
    Use Glyph of Splitting Ice

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGate View Post
    I've been trying out frost in dungeons and i'm not really sure what to do in an aoe situation where your frozen orb/ crystal are on cd. I've just been casting frost bomb then blizzard then spamming IL procs into the frost bomb target? or is it better to just keep spamming frostbolt instead of blizzard?
    Glyphed CoC, Blizzard until targets are close to dying... then, IL on FB targets on highest hp mobs.

    Sometimes it depends on how many targets there are. You may be better off single targeting with Frost bolt, IL'ing FB's... or, just spam Blizzard all the way if there are 5+ targets. I'm not really sure what's the most optimal, but it's always worth using your FoF procs on FB's if you have em up, though sometimes it's not worth getting a FB up to use IL's, since you would be better off spamming Blizzard. It's situational business, more or less i'd say.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Use Glyph of Splitting Ice
    Yeah i failed to mention I use that glyph aswell as the pet glyph and icy veins glyph, do i just spam ice lance or what is the aoe priority/rotation a frost mage should do with, say, 4+ adds.

  17. #37
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,717
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGate View Post
    I've been trying out frost in dungeons and i'm not really sure what to do in an aoe situation where your frozen orb/ crystal are on cd. I've just been casting frost bomb then blizzard then spamming IL procs into the frost bomb target? or is it better to just keep spamming frostbolt instead of blizzard?
    Blizzard's going to be very "meh" until we get to play with the perk that reduces Orb's cooldown, and even then, it'll only be good against larger packs of mobs (especially those with high amounts of health to greatly reduce Orb's CD, or very low amounts as it can then kill them quickly, esp if paired with a bomb or IN).

    [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 10/14H
    Battletag: Polarthief#1411

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •