amazing how many times the jedi order gives up on people in the sw universe (small sp

{POSSIBLE SPOILERS, but not really)

like how yoda and obi wan gave up on vader, and the jedi council gave up on parkanas.... they are supposed to be the wise masters, but even padme while she was dying was saying 'hey there's still good in him!" and Luke was the only want who actually tried and did save vader....and my consular was able to shield parkanas :S

Obi Wan didn't give up on Vader, he tried to bring him back and Vader told him his plans. Hence why when Vader attacked Obi and Obi-wan bested him in the fight Obi-wan said "I loved you Anakin, you were like a brother to me." He did what he had to do because he fell to far.

yeah but i thought it was messed up how he just left him to burn to death...he should have at least gave him a mercy killing or something. and even in the gcw series, luke was the only one who actually had hope in bringing him back, even obiwan was like "eh...he's more machine than man now, you should probably just kill him..."

Obi Wan knew by that point that he was not able to be saved. Palpatine has Anikin firmly in his pocket. Obi Wa tried for years to keep him on the right path but in the end knew that that was just not what Anikin wanted.

He wanted the power to save his wife the power to bring an end to the war and was willing to give up everything he was everything Obi Wan taught him to achieve that goal.

The Jedi Council never wanted Anikino learn the Force because they could SEE the DARKNESS that was in him. They knew that he would fail. and in the end he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Jedi are absolute in their rules about Sith and the Dark Side. Any kind of taint, even the smallest bit and that thing is written off. I've always been a bit what the fuck about that. I mean come on it is part of being alive experiencing both ends of the emotional spectrum but no if you are a Jedi you only have that one part. You can never dabble in that other stuff it will ruin you. Sith are so f'ing self destructive you get a few who realize that eh if we keep things simple leave things alone we will be fine. Then you get others who are like nope, all or nothing. Oh and I can be the only one in power, because everybody else is exactly like me so I have to use and betray them before they do it to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is mostly because of thousands of years of experience in dealing with the Sith. They've had to establish these rules with such a rigid structure because almost every single known Dark Jedi did not want to come back to the light. Exar Kun and other Dark Jedi have raised armies to fight the Jedi. They are members who are thrown out of the order and hold grudges against them.

The only known Jedi who has fallen to the dark side willingly and then redeemed himself was Vader and the Jedi Knight (tOR storyline) during the Old Jedi order. During the new order they had both Luke and Cade fall to the dark side willingly and redeem themselves.

I left out Revan because we learn that he didn't go to the Dark Side willingly. He was brainwashed by a much more powerful force user into becoming a slave.

One of the main reasons the Jedi Order had failed was because they fail to teach their order about the Sith. Or how to properly deal with their emotions. Which is why when they give into emotion it corrupts them, they are taken as infants/children and told that emotions are bad. Which makes me realize, all of the Skywalkers who fell willingly to the dark side and redeemed themselves were trained later on in life. At which point they had learned on which emotions were best suited to a situation.

Star Wars story sucks.

The graphics and costumes are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    One of the main reasons the Jedi Order had failed was because they fail to teach their order about the Sith. Or how to properly deal with their emotions. Which is why when they give into emotion it corrupts them, they are taken as infants/children and told that emotions are bad. Which makes me realize, all of the Skywalkers who fell willingly to the dark side and redeemed themselves were trained later on in life. At which point they had learned on which emotions were best suited to a situation.
    This is one of my BIGGEST annoyances about the Jedi. If you look at the EU Jedi of the New Jedi Order, they are allowed to Love have kids and USE their emotions. and only ONE has fallen to the Darkside. The Jedi only weaken themselves when they try to block their emotions rather than accept them and control them

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    This is one of my BIGGEST annoyances about the Jedi. If you look at the EU Jedi of the New Jedi Order, they are allowed to Love have kids and USE their emotions. and only ONE has fallen to the Darkside. The Jedi only weaken themselves when they try to block their emotions rather than accept them and control them
    Jedi are allowed to Love, they are not allow to create attachment though. Which is why love is usually frowned upon since it generally leads to attachment.

Obi-wan says he loved Anakin like a brother and deeply missed Qui-Gon. Yet he was still an amazing Jedi.