Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Same logic could be applied to rbg rating, if you get 1800 on one of your mages then all of them should be able to use the 60 pvp tranmog gear.
    The difference is PvP has very little content compared to PvE, and rarely gets new additions except for the occasional class changes, so it needs to have character specific rewards in order to increase replayability. On the other hand, MoP Challenge Modes will no longer be available in WoD, so the replayability argument is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    It's been brought up to the devs on twitter a number of times, but I have not seen any responses. For now assuming they are just not interested in doing it.

I'd like for it to happen personally. I love my Priest's transmog, but likely won't play on that realm much in the expac and don't want to pay money to transfer just for an armor set.
    It's a matter of changing 72 items from BoP to BoA. They already have class restrictions, so you wouldn't be able to use the mage set on a priest even if he could obtain it. I don't know if this would take a significant amount of time, but most likely it wouldn't. And it would set a trend for future CM rewards.

It's also encouraging that they decided on their own to give Silver achievers all four mounts and make them account-wide. So I doubt they would be philosophically against the idea, it's more a matter of being aware of the desire for class-bound sets and having the time to implement it.

Wouldn't mind it being boa but it seems such a minor issue it probably will never get any attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It's a matter of changing 72 items from BoP to BoA. They already have class restrictions, so you wouldn't be able to use the mage set on a priest even if he could obtain it. I don't know if this would take a significant amount of time, but most likely it wouldn't. And it would set a trend for future CM rewards.

It's also encouraging that they decided on their own to give Silver achievers all four mounts and make them account-wide. So I doubt they would be philosophically against the idea, it's more a matter of being aware of the desire for class-bound sets and having the time to implement it.
    You may very well be right, it could just be something they don't want to dedicate time to coding at this point.

It could always get enabled in the future, we can dream. I was thinking they might make the mounts account wide if you had all of them so I made sure to get all four lol

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a very valid question, and it should be raised somewhere where the devs can see it, such as the official forums or, more likely Twitter, if you have access to either of those. I think having access to CM gear on all characters of a particular class that you have completed Gold with is common sense and it should happen, particularly since they are getting removed (so there is no potential future replay value on those alts).
    I tweeted Celestalon about it ages ago but no reply. Maybe someone else could try. *shrug*

Making the items BoA is kinda a shoddy way to handle it. Aside from having to re-classify all the items, you'd also have to mail the set around between alts which is cumbersome and also keeps it out of void storage, where I'm sure Blizzard prefers you'd keep it.

There should just be a CM vendor and when you complete all golds on a particular class, those items should become available to purchase. Got the achievement on a rogue? He now sells Silent Assassin gear. The items themselves already have a class limitation on them, so you couldn't just buy the rogue set to use on your monk, and Blizzard wouldn't have to spend energy fucking with the items themselves. I vaguely recall that they already plan to add a CM vendor to replace armor people have accidentally trashed, too.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I have a few duplicates, so this would be amazing. No idea why they aren't class-bound already but meh I won't be bothered either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I vaguely recall that they already plan to add a CM vendor to replace armor people have accidentally trashed, too.
    Isn't there an NPC near the armor stands who sells it to you? I'm pretty sure it's always been there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Isn't there an NPC near the armor stands who sells it to you? I'm pretty sure it's always been there?
    Maybe! If so I have no idea where it is. I know there's the phoenix vendor on top of mogushan palace. You mean by the guys that sell the tier sets? If so, I don't think any of those guys have always been there; I think they were added in 5.4. I haven't noticed a CM guy there, although obviously it's entirely possible I've just missed him.

In any case, doesn't really change my opinion that, should they implement something like this, they should just throw it on a vendor, not make it BoA.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    It remains bound to the character that earned the achievement. And it should stay that way. Say you earned the CM gear on an Arms warrior, and you have a prot warrior alt who you aren't confident enough to take in and tank CM's. Does that toon deserve the CM gear just because you earned it on a confident main? I don't think so.
    So by your logic it should be locked to spec? What if I get it as Arms on my warrior but then go Prot... same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Yup. Always been there.

Alliance: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=64028
    Horde: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=63994

Wearing CM gear proves you have no sense of wow-fashion and your xmog skills are limited to hey this is a pre-made in-game set. Everyone should be able to wear them; they look bulky and awful. It's the Jenkins of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by KaylinBDF View Post
    Wearing CM gear proves you have no sense of wow-fashion and your xmog skills are limited to hey this is a pre-made in-game set. Everyone should be able to wear them; they look bulky and awful. It's the Jenkins of gear.

Yeah, you're such a unique pretty snowflake

The CM gear has better texture quality than most of the other gear in the game. It has special effects that you can like or not, but you gotta acknowledge their existence and how that makes the gear "special" and appealing to a lot of players.

I'm sure you're aware of the possiblity that a lot of people might just want to use certain pieces of the CM armor to complete their transmog sets? I'm not a fan of the general CM priest set, but I really like the shoulders and waist and might aquire the set just for those two pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylinBDF View Post
    I don't think your personal opinion on transmog is especially relevant to the topic of this thread. So you don't like them. Fine. Lots of people do, as evident by the desire to expand their availability to same-class alts.

I don't like all the sets, but many of them have some good pieces, and many of the special effects are great. And I definitely don't care how common they are; I wear what I like.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Ah, that's a good solution then

- - - Updated - - -

That goes for CM's in general though. By that logic, no one should be able to wear the gear, because you can't prove they weren't carried.

For me, the concern is mostly about characters that I haven't even started yet, or that are low level. Next expansion I might start a Draenei Priest and find that some of the CM gear really exactly fits her, and would be my favorite transmog set for her. And I do have completed the CM's on my Night Elf Priest. I guess I just don't see why my newly created character, with whom I couldn't possibly have done CM's since she was created after MoP, can't have access to the gear I earned on another character of the same class.
    Knowing blizzard, CM gear will likely start appearing on the new BMAH.

Making the items BoA is kinda a shoddy way to handle it. Aside from having to re-classify all the items, you'd also have to mail the set around between alts which is cumbersome and also keeps it out of void storage, where I'm sure Blizzard prefers you'd keep it.

There should just be a CM vendor and when you complete all golds on a particular class, those items should become available to purchase. Got the achievement on a rogue? He now sells Silent Assassin gear. The items themselves already have a class limitation on them, so you couldn't just buy the rogue set to use on your monk, and Blizzard wouldn't have to spend energy fucking with the items themselves. I vaguely recall that they already plan to add a CM vendor to replace armor people have accidentally trashed, too.
    As has been mentioned by some other people, there are Horde/Alliance CM gear vendors; it's the same NPCs that give the CM dailies. That's why the BoA solution is so handy; they don't have to somehow flag all the rogues on your account, which would indeed be complicated. You can just buy a second set with your main and send it to another character, and still keep the original one in Void Storage.

It's the best solution we can hope for.

10+ Year Old Account
    As has been mentioned by some other people, there are Horde/Alliance CM gear vendors; it's the same NPCs that give the CM dailies. That's why the BoA solution is so handy; they don't have to somehow flag all the rogues on your account, which would indeed be complicated. You can just buy a second set with your main and send it to another character, and still keep the original one in Void Storage.

It's the best solution we can hope for.
    I think you misunderstood my suggestion. There's no flagging particular characters, but nor does it require making the items BoA.

I'm saying the solution is as simple as just making that vendor's wares visible to all characters instead of just the one that earned the gold. Once you unlock one CM set, that set appears on the vendor for all your toons. The items already have a class limitation built into them, so there's no risk that anyone other than same-class alts will end up in CM gear, even if technically your monk can see the rogue set when he looks at the vendor.

In any case, how it happens doesn't really matter that much, just that it would be nice if it happened at all. I just thought the above scenario would require the least amount of effort from Blizzard to implement.

| twitch | bsky
    |

I'm saying the solution is as simple as just making that vendor's wares visible to all characters instead of just the one that earned the gold. Once you unlock one CM set, that set appears on the vendor for all your toons. The items already have a class limitation built into them, so there's no risk that anyone other than same-class alts will end up in CM gear, even if technically your monk can see the rogue set when he looks at the vendor.
    The sets are already visible to all characters (so you can try the set on your own char before getting the achievement), you just can't buy them unless you completed the achievement. So it would be less than straight-forward to unlock only one (or a few) specific class sets for the whole account, without unlocking them all.

But, yes, if they somehow make it happen the method wouldn't matter that much