Is my monitor just getting old?

In 2011 I inherited an LG L226W monitor. It's a 22 inch 1680x1050 monitor, and it's served me well.

Recently I moved to a new job, which supplied me with a single Dell P2213, which is the same resolution, similar size and both TN panels. I brought in my old LG so I could have a dual monitor setup, and the difference in color between the two is staggering. The old LG is dimmer (even when brightness is maxed) and has a yellow tint despite how I set the colors. In comparison, the newer Dell is brighter and can display whites without a yellow tint.

When the two are side by side, the old LG frankly looks terrible. I hadn't noticed when it was in my home and I had nothing to compare it against. I looked up the manufacture date, and the LG was made in July 2007, so it's 7 years old now. Is dimming and yellowing just something that happens to old monitors?

The second possibility is heat or humidity damage. I moved to the southern US and the monitor was in a box in a car for about a week. It's extremely hot and humid here. Has anyone had experience with color and brightness damage from similar conditions?

Age will affect it, yes. In my experience, it's a slow process that happens over years, monitors just lose brightness until they fail completely. Of course it is much more a problem with Apple computers, because while their hardware is great and the computer itself might last for another few years, the monitors just can't survive, and with most of their computers having the monitor integrated right into the computer, it'd be very expensive to replace.

The other thing to consider too is quality of the original product. Even brand new, you put a cheap monitor beside a nice one and the difference will definitely be noticeable. Brightness, color, contrast etc will all be different.

Deleted
    My first LCD monitor, 19" Samsung 940B with TN-panel has degraded from initial 15% brightness setting to 45% over the course of ~8 years. Not that bad as it has been on active use all that time.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's probably the backlight. Most monitors until recently used CCFL backlights, and these do wear out with time. They CAN be replaced, but it requires soldering and is not a super easy task. New monitors these days are moving to LED backlights, which are MUCH MUCH brighter and clearer, produce MUCH better colors and contrast, and barring manufacturing defects simply do not dim or wear out.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of potential reason.

The yellow tint, are you viewing it at an angle, because if you are that's just an inherent trait of TN panels. You can see the same with pretty much every TN panel.

Most recommended operating temperature and humidity is 5-35C or so and humidity 10-80% I believe. I doubt this is the cause however.

Brightness dims overtime of use for CCFLs, or at least it's more prominent with CCFLs.

Same thing happened to me in 2010, I had an old Viewsonic 1440x900 LCD monitor (probably TN, not sure tbh) when I started to study video editing and then I asked people on overclock.net what should I get to do video editing and they suggested me a Dell 1080P IPS monitor. At first I wanted to use the Viewsonic as a secondary monitor but realized how damn bad it was compared to the other one! It was not bright, yellowish and had very poor color reproduction lol!