Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Don't you wish you could choose different "hero" portraits?

The game is really fun, but I thought a simple and easy way to make it seem more unique for each player would be to choose different portraits for your hero.

For example. You have your basic decks that nobody really uses. Those portraits remain the same. When you create a custom deck, not only do you choose the cards that go in the deck, but now you can choose a different person. (Mages, for example, can choose either Khadgar, the late Archmage Antonidas, Rhonin, or Jaina Proudmoore; Shaman can choose Farseer Nobundo, Magatha Grimtotem, or Thrall..)

Anyway, I think it would provide even more character to your decks.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    New premium content will be added to the game which will not effect game balance. This includes:
    New Heroes (Varian instead of Garrosh)
    New Card Backs (Separate from the ones rewarded for ranked season play)
    New Game Boards
    Source: http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/275-de...adventure-mode

I would love this:

Deleted
    I think they should do faction flipped heroes for each class:

Mage: Kael'thas
    Warlock: Kanrethad Ebonlocke
    Priest: Sen'jin
    Rogue: Garona
    Hunter: Vereesa
    Druid: Hamuul Runetotem
    Shaman: Farseer Nobundo
    Paladin: Lady Liadrin
    Warrior: Varian

15+ Year Old Account
    It's coming eventually. Here are some of my own thoughts:

Warrior: Varian
    Shaman: Nobundo
    Rogue: Garona
    Paladin: Liadrin
    Hunter: Vereesa
    Druid: Hamuul
    Warlock: Kanrethad
    Mage: Rommath
    Priest: Sen'jin

That swaps all the current Horde heroes for Alliance heroes and vice versa, and brings in three more female heroes, a troll, a tauren, a high elf, and a (broken) Draenei.

I think it would be especially cool if some of the class-specific cards also got unique Alliance/Horde variants depending on the hero. Taking Varian as an example, Grommash Hellscream would be replaced with Genn Greymane, Gorehowl with Shalamayne, Kor'kron Elite with 7th Legion Elite, and so on. Same mechanics, different names and art. The cards would just change automatically, no need to collect them again.

I do have some other thoughts for some of the heroes, though most are no-brainers:

Hunter: Tyrande - More iconic, but not strictly a hunter due to her dual hunter/priest nature. That said, she has a strong connection to nature and is extremely recognizeable. She could also have variants for her beast cards like hippogryphs, nightsabers, etc., and some of her spell variants could reflect her status as a Priestess of Elune (IE Bestial Wrath -> Elune's Blessing).

Mage: Kael'thas - He was technically never part of the Horde, and prior to joining the Illidari had been in the Alliance. The abundance of frost spells doesn't match his kit, either. I personally think he would work better as a raid boss, with a Gravity Lapse hero power, a phoenix/phoenix egg cycling minion, and three Verdant Sphere secrets that activate and revive him when you deal fatal damage.

Mage: Cho'gall - The first and one of the few iconic Horde mages. He works, and being two-headed would allow for interesting emotes. That being said, I can't help but think that he would be more appropriate as a Horde equivalent for Archmage Antonidas.

Warlock: Medivh - One of the few Alliance warlocks, and the most iconic. He was chosen as the Alliance warlock hero for the Timewalkers block of the original TCG. However, if we're talking about the possibility of variant cards, Kanrethad could have green fire variants, since there Warlock hero cards are already clearly faction neutral.

Warlock: Wilfred Fizzlebang - The only truly notable Alliance warlock other than Kanrethad and Medivh, and the one who originally summoned Jaraxxus, which is the only reason he really deserves mention, apart from being a gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Oh that's really cool! Didn't know that. Not sure I like that it would be "premium" to get different hero cards, though...

And I like everyone's ideas about the hero cards. That would be so cool.
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2014-07-29 at 09:54 PM.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    New heros would be nice, especially with 1 of each factions for each class as people have already suggested.
    However I don't think new Alliance/horde variants for some cards are needed, while it would be nice all classes have some cards with Alliance characters on and some with Horde characters on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Deleted
    Man the suggestions here would be awesome!

Deleted
    Mage: Millhouse Manastorm
    everything else is irrelevant

15+ Year Old Account
    I just think there should be a male and female hero of each faction for each class. So 4 heroes per class. I love the druid deck but hate malfurion. I also hate garrosh and neglect the shit out of my warrior deck because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I would love this:

It would have been better if they used heroes like this instead of canon characters IMO. Using these the big heroes like Thrall and Uther, pretty much limits what legendary cards we will have.

I would have preferred this guy instead of Anduin when playing priest.

But now we can not have Anduin as a legendary, nor Thrall or Janna. Could have been some neat ideas revolving around the them.

I really hope so, as other people mentioned, Blizzard is planning for it.

There's alot of possibilities even. No need to stick to 2 per class (although that seems likely). I'd kill for a male UD rogue though, although to the best of my knowledge there isn't one that is too significant lore wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It would have been better if they used heroes like this instead of canon characters IMO. Using these the big heroes like Thrall and Uther, pretty much limits what legendary cards we will have.

I would have preferred this guy instead of Anduin when playing priest.

But now we can not have Anduin as a legendary, nor Thrall or Janna. Could have been some neat ideas revolving around the them.
    There are enough lore characters that this doesn't really matter. Not everyone would get to be a Legendary anyway.

Sadly, the only official artwork for Lady Liadrin is being used already in Hearthstone. All of the artwork in Hearthstone is old and reused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Sadly, the only official artwork for Lady Liadrin is being used already in Hearthstone. All of the artwork in Hearthstone is old and reused.
    All of it? I find that hard to believe especially with the Naxxramas stuff. A lot of it seems too specific to be original artwork though, like why do they have a random drawing of bananas for King Mukla? And that isn't to say that they could start using original artwork, and I think that's a good route to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    All of it? I find that hard to believe especially with the Naxxramas stuff. A lot of it seems too specific to be original artwork though, like why do they have a random drawing of bananas for King Mukla? And that isn't to say that they could start using original artwork, and I think that's a good route to go down.
    http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/hear...bcca5c230f8a4c

Banana is a close up of the Crazy Monkey with the monkeys head cut out of it. And that crazed Monkey is an editted version of this.

Deleted
    http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/hear...bcca5c230f8a4c

Banana is a close up of the Crazy Monkey with the monkeys head cut out of it. And that crazed Monkey is an editted version of this.
    So the banana is in fact new artwork because it was edited in? Anyway I find it hard to believe that every single piece of artwork is pre-existing, some of it seems just so bizarrely specific to have lying around. And there's no reason they can't deviate from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    So the banana is in fact new artwork because it was edited in? Anyway I find it hard to believe that every single piece of artwork is pre-existing, some of it seems just so bizarrely specific to have lying around. And there's no reason they can't deviate from that.
    I've gone through most of it. All of the Naxxramas card artwork is from the old WoW TCG. I'll give you that the banana itself is "new". They could get new artwork, but as is, they haven't.

Deleted
    I've gone through most of it. All of the Naxxramas card artwork is from the old WoW TCG. I'll give you that the banana itself is "new". They could get new artwork, but as is, they haven't.
    That's very interesting. The Naxxramas art style all seems very unified to me and Loatheb especially struck me as striking out in a subtly new direction - he looks more cartoonish with more saturated colours. Kudos to them I guess for finding pictures of ghost spiders I guess.

I personally don't care where they get the art from. I have some of the CCG decks from collector's editions and such, but I'm more than happy to see the good art used here as I don't play or look at my CCG cards at all, so wouldn't know they reused it unless someone tells me.