Destro going Affliction?

I'm about to join a new raiding guild after a hiatus and I would like some direction from you guys regarding spec per boss. What it looks like it boils down is destro when u can aoe (immers, galark, spoils), affliction in single-target (really???) or multi-target (obviously).

Does that make sense to you guys? I'm quite not sure about going affliction on single target, but thats what looks like i see people going on fights like iron jug and malkorok for instance (all heroic 25 pls). I wonder if its related to the fact that these fight have a lot of movement and affli is hurt the least over destro?

What do u guys say, is affli better than destro on single tar? Should I be striving for it? I'm still quite new to affliction tbh and my dps seems just a little below destro on single target, I'm sure i can refine my affli gamestyle. But it just doesnt seem that much better....

Anyways, sorry for all the blablabla. I just want to hear from u guys on destro vs demo on SoO at high levels of gear (580+).

Affliction is dominate on all but 3 fights (4 if you count immerseus but lol who actually does?) Affliction simulation is incredibly skewed so as with every single simcraft release take it with a grain of salt. Destruction is still very powerful and the only 2 fights I'd recommend running affliction on without a black blood and decently itemized high ilvl gear is protectors and shamans (mostly just protectors if your guild does the 3 tank strat).

If you can get a black blood and good gear for affliction you will always outperform destruction except for fights like Galakras, MAYBE siegecrafter, MAYBE Garrosh(both of the last 2 are completely dependent on strats). If you plan to join any real guild that holds a ranking or pushes for kill times even slightly expect to be forced into this spec.

Without a black blood though affliction is severely neutered, though some fights still does well on.

Demo is a luxury/vanity spec for warlocks at this point, it can't even touch the other 2 specs in every situation (except immerseus but lol lets be real here) affliction dominates single target, multi target, and is very powerful on add fights should your guild perform them correctly to benefit you most. For the rare instances Affliction isn't the best option destro is, demo is basically the middle child in 5.4 because destro was beefed up and became the successful older sibling and affliction is the younger sibling that gets the really good toys (soulswap change) while demo gets their shit taken away for existing (lei shen trinket AND imp nerf, fuckin blizzard)

Thx for that. One last question, yesterday I got my hands on a Horoic Toxic Trinket so now if I decide to go with affliction which would u suggest: a heroic toxic or a normal blackblood?

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    yesterday I got my hands on a Horoic Toxic Trinket so now if I decide to go with affliction which would u suggest: a heroic toxic or a normal blackblood?
    Definitely Black Blood, that's mandatory for Aff, and probably PBoI off trink. I don't think it has to really be said, but another tip for affliction is have trinket/proc trackers, as without them the spec is not worth playing over destro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.