BETA: Shivarra Incredibly Powerful w/ Multistrike

Don't know if anybody else is experiencing this in the beta yet, but stacking Multistrike makes for an obscenely powerful Shivarra. I'm assuming this has something to do with the dual wield nature of the minion. In recent raid testing Bladedance has been consistently one of my most powerful abilities.

Is it Bladedance or Multistrike that is doing the damage ? I haven't run a damage meter on the beta, but at least on live, all Multistrikes regardless of source are labeled as "Multistrike" in the parse
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Is it Bladedance or Multistrike that is doing the damage ? I haven't run a damage meter on the beta, but at least on live, all Multistrikes regardless of source are labeled as "Multistrike" in the parse
    Bladedance, specifically. Wasn't seeing this when I was loaded up with Mastery (new enchants, potion, flask and food). Switched to Multistrike yesterday and my Shivarra went absolutely apeshit.

I'll run some more tests when I get home and post some logging.
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2014-07-29 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Multistrike sources don't exist anymore from my experience they simply add to the damage of the ability that gains more dmg from multistrike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    Bladedance, specifically. Wasn't seeing this when I was loaded up with Mastery (new enchants, potion, flask and food). Switched to Multistrike yesterday and my Shivarra went absolutely apeshit.

I'll run some more tests when I get home and post some logging.
    Have you noticed this with the demonology supremacy guard? He also duel wields, might be a bug with blade dance specifically perhaps double dipping into an already double dipped multistrike pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Multistrike sources don't exist anymore from my experience they simply add to the damage of the ability that gains more dmg from multistrike.
    So, they just show up in the combat log as their source ability ? I do know from having floating combat text on that they have their own damage number pop up. Guess I could hop on and just look at the combat log itself ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

They are labeled Multistrike in the combat log still I just don't think Skada or anything in game is separating them into MS but if you look at Warcraft Logs they do list Multistrike as (MS) next to the hits.

I'm seeing little variance from simple tests with haste actually being the most sustained for the Shivra. I've just changed enchants around mostly to try and keep all secondary stats the same beside the ones I want to test. Haste levels out at 1.8k DPS and drops after a long time to 1.7 Mastery drops to 1.7-1.8 fairly fast and Multistrike started the highest and dropped down to 1.7-1.8 at an average to longer length but no where near as long as it took haste to fall. In the end they all pretty much stuck at 1.7k DPS.

Stupid wrathguard keeps cleaving wild pets in SW have to go somewhere else lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Longer tests changed enchants food and flasks to give a large variance than before used level 102 dummies not raid ones since it seems easier to avoid combat drop bug on this guy. Roughly 5 minute tests no special attacks just letting them use attacks. Shifting 980 stats between haste mastery multistrike.

Haste
    Wrathguard 2.3k
    Shivarra 2.2k
    Observer 2.0k
    Voidlord 2.0k
    Fel Imp 2.0k
    Terrorgard 2.3k
    Abyssal .7k

Mastery
    Wrathguard 2.3k
    Shivarra 2.1k
    Observer 2.1k
    Voidlord 1.9k
    Fel Imp 2.1k
    Terrorguard 2.4k
    Abyssal .7k

Multistrike
    Wrathguard 2.3k
    Shivarra 2.1k
    Observer 2.1k
    Voidlord 1.9k
    Fel Imp 2.1k
    Terrorguard 2.3k
    Abyssal .7k

I noticed a bug where the pets I summoned for the first time weren't affected by Mastery until I resummoned them after the first cast so I redid the Haste tests.

Basically I see no difference between any of the tests really. Aside from finding the bug noted above. At least as far as Demo pets are concerned.
    Last edited by DesireKT; 2014-07-30 at 12:16 AM. Reason: DC/bug changed test parameters redid them

10+ Year Old Account
    They are labeled Multistrike in the combat log still I just don't think Skada or anything in game is separating them into MS but if you look at Warcraft Logs they do list Multistrike as (MS) next to the hits.
    This is correct. (MS) next to a specific amount will be the Multi-Strike amount. It appeared in all of our testing logs.

I didnt saw any particular impressive damge from shivara with a MS stacked aff lock last heroic testing(33% MS), I knew it was great in the previous week's heroic testing, but to me it wasnt this week, UNLESS WOD skada isnt picking MS

Probably fixed?
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2014-07-29 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I didnt saw any particular impressive damge from shivara with a MS stacked aff lock last heroic testing(33% MS), I knew it was great in the previous week's heroic testing, but to me it wasnt this week, UNLESS WOD skada isnt picking MS

Probably fixed?
    Unless they updated the Skada available then multistrike still doesn't show as it's own dmg source, just like how the dot from c bolt doesn't show its own source on live when running sac. It simply adds on to the chaos bolt damage, it doesn't surprise me that warcraft logs shows it as it's own source though, since it kinda picks up everything.

Updated my previous post. I see no real difference between haste mastery and multistrike for Demonology pets.

Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    Updated my previous post. I see no real difference between haste mastery and multistrike for Demonology pets.
    thats what I thought, the MS interaction with Shivara must had been fixed then