Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Current best MMO-style mouse?

So, I've a 2012 Razer Naga. And I just really don't like Razer.

I feel like most companies that put out MMO-style mice (with the numpad on the side) tend to just cater to gamers - drive up the price because "gaming" is on the sticker, but not deliver the quality that should go with it.

Are there any companies that make this style mouse that actually has a decent build quality? I notice that my current mouse is kind of acting like it's on its last leg right now. And for Razer, hey, it made it past 6 months, that's kind of nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech G600 is the only other competitor.

Deleted
    Find any logitech wireless mouse with 2-3 side buttons.

My G600 is close to clocking in a year with no problems whatsoever, and I don't exactly treat it well either.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I think I'd recommend against getting an MMO based mouse, the amount of buttons on it doesn't justify how they feel since they seem to force a claw grip. That said I'd have to recommend the G600 if you did have to buy one since the Naga is far from Razer's best mouse (I think the deathadder is their only great mouse).

Deleted
    I recommend the Corsair M95, awesome mouse for mmo's and built like a tank

http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeance-...gunmetal-black

10+ Year Old Account
    there is no "best' option for peripherals, it's down to opinion and personal preference

IMO the best mouse for any game, MMOs included, is the Sensei, but that's because i don't use or approve of macros on peripherals, personally i think they make you a bad player, but you may feel different and love something like the naga

Deleted
    There is no "best' option for peripherals, it's down to opinion and personal preference
    This ^

My personal choice was the Corsair M90, now M95 as Spartlinz linked. I say was because I don't really have a need for all the extra buttons anymore but the mouse is good quality, sturdy and different enough that I like it. It really also depends on the grip you prefer and size or your hands, go to store and try them if possible.

If you're wanting an mmo mouse it's either Naga or G600 for the pure number of buttons.

I love my Razer Death Adder its great, has just the right amount of buttons. not too many not too few, it is larger for my big ass hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    If you're wanting an mmo mouse it's either Naga or G600 for the pure number of buttons.
    And the M95 and I'm sure there are other options.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know anything about quality and such but hey it's an "MMO mouse";

10+ Year Old Account
    From personal experience Razer products always break down on me. I'm on my 4th or 5th Naga right now, next time it breaks I'm opting for the g600.

g600 is still the greatest. That mouse really made it happen.

I have one of these: Roccat Kone XTD.

It has that 'solid' build feel to it. I have had it for over a year and the only issues are that the mouse buttons (left and right click) are showing a slight discoloration from usage (due to the oil from my skin, and not 'cleaning' the mouse).

The tracking is really good on it, and I do not have any mis-clicks/dbl clicks or and mouse pointer jumping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get what works for you. Every company will market their mouse as "the best," because its very competitive out there. I'm doing just fine with the naga and my nostromo.

Also, what are people doing to their mouses where they don't last past 6 months?? Stop trying to lasso the dog with your wireless mouse. -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really understood all the Razer hate. I don't consider my self a fanboy by any stretch, but I had a 2010 Naga for a good 2 1/2 years before it stopped working. I used it nearly every day, definitely over 40 hours a week, and I was not always so gentle with it (read: rage slamming).

By the time it broke down the Logitech g600 had come out, so I decided to give it a try. While there were some things I did like about it (Wider body, longer left and right clicks) there were definitely things I did not like (ring finger button was very awkward, and thumb grid had too much concave, also felt a bit mushy) all in all it was comfortable and got the job done.

A bit later Razer announced the 2014 Naga mechanical, which looked to combine the best features of both the old Naga and the g600. I decided to grab it from best buy and use the 30 day return policy if I did not like it. After a few days of getting used to it became apparent that it was my preferred mouse. It has a nice wide body and long left and right clicks, which I find to be comfortable for my slightly large hands. The thumb grid is also significantly less concave than the g600, which is something I personally prefer and they are some sort of "mechanical" switch which give a nice crisp response and don't feel mushy.

I realize you are looking for something other than Razer as your experience has been less than what you have expected, but I can only speak from experience and I am very happy with the 2014 Naga. I also expect that after lots of use and abuse things may stop working. I don't really hold manufacturers accountable as I realize my habits may be part of the problem. Take care of your things and try not to abuse them and they should last you a good while no matter which brand you choose.
    @Aridnz[/CENTER]

Defo G600 and Naga are the best, only quibble about Naga is its small, like its made for women's hands where the G600 is for men.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridn View Post
    I never really understood all the Razer hate. I don't consider my self a fanboy by any stretch, but I had a 2010 Naga for a good 2 1/2 years before it stopped working. I used it nearly every day, definitely over 40 hours a week, and I was not always so gentle with it (read: rage slamming).
    Anecdotal evidence unfortunately, the Naga and various other mice/products from Razer are just known to have issues, their QA has not been very good. Good for you though that you're happy with yours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridn View Post
    I never really understood all the Razer hate.
    some is justified, Razer really doesn't have the best QA on their peripherals, but then again, neither does Corsair, (Razer's is probably better actually, at least in my experience)

but most of it is just fanboyism or hipster anti-mainstream nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by spartlinz View Post
    I recommend the Corsair M95, awesome mouse for mmo's and built like a tank

http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeance-...gunmetal-black
    I came here to say this.
    This mouse is beastly, can't go wrong with it.

I had a Razer Naga 2010 and a Razer Naga Molten, but I prefer the corsair m95.