Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by srathgar View Post
    Sure the old lfr loot system had flaws, but by far prefered that to the current lfr loot system. it is just SO boring to play with. Not sure why it is boring, just know it feels so wrong in comparison to the old systems.
    I wonder if people's perceptions of the new loot system would have been different if instead of just teleporting the loot/satchel to your bags, you have to actually go and click on the boss to loot your item/gold/flasks/pots(that would have been in the satchel). Just the different perception of people still feeling like they're "looting" something might have been enough to change perceptions. Who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Don't join runs that use Master Looter then?
    Group Loot or NB4G can be worse cause friends can need for each other even though they don't need it.

Sure, it's lame when they change it mid-combat, or just before
    If its an honest mistake cause they forgot nothing will happen. If they use it to make sure people can't ask for loot rules cause they do it mid fight and then do unreasonable things, they'll get slap on the wrist from GM according to pyramid system (IOW depends on previous and recent behavior).

but Master Looter still has uses, especially in boost runs ...
    ML puts the responsibility of loot to 1 person. If he screws it up, he's the one to blame. Systems like Group Loot or NB4G makes all responsible.

In next expansion you can set loot to Personal Loot (the LFR/Flex system). This works a lot better for groups of strangers.

Its actually quite easy to design a loot system based on the current system. The game can detect your spec and hence role. You import the individual rules and then you select the players. You select who can need for what for main spec, and for off spec. The game then shows these settings to the players. Green is default, red are exceptions (like Thok trinket for tanks, pala tanks for haste, tank rolling as DPS, BiS lists) and players can do like oQueue allows them to: accept, reject, and reject + leave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Blizzard GM's won't do anything about it anymore, been that way since Wrath
    Yes, they do, if the loot rules were clearly stated. Which is why you need to ask the RL for them. I mean, if you join a 25 man PuG on Galakras, lots of people join and leave in those PuGs. Who knows who rolls as what? The RL won't repeat it all the time, he's probly quite busy too. When in doubt, if you really care, just ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    [/B]

^^ And this is part of the problem, even on a third party website you can't name and shame them. They are bulletproof. Mods won't even allow us to police our own community, its a joke.
    It's there to prevent framing innocent people. Imagine that if the no-shaming rule didn't exist, and someone calls out a ninja looter to the point of revealing their real-life identity, and stealing and leaking out personal information about them, i.e. their SSN, bank account numbers, etc. The end result is someone's life is completely fucked over, all because of a few pixels.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I was a master looter in my garrosh normal pug today. I had a thought "hmm, I could totally be a dick right now and not distribute any loot....", of course I would never.....but what is stopping anyone who is ML from doing that? Would Blizz refund items, or is it a "tough shit" kind of deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    I was a master looter in my garrosh normal pug today. I had a thought "hmm, I could totally be a dick right now and not distribute any loot....", of course I would never.....but what is stopping anyone who is ML from doing that? Would Blizz refund items, or is it a "tough shit" kind of deal?
    It kinda depends on the GM. Some GM are strict to the letter and don't even accept acronyms like MS and OS (need to type it out, or even specify what Main Spec and Off Spec constitutes), others look more into intention and/or lean towards the side of the complainer. Some GM are for example totally OK with "MS > OS" being clear while others say that is not clear. Not every GM has the very same background training or experience.

Here's what generally happens though:

If you are the ML and you stated the loot rules in clear English you get a repercussion based on pyramid system. If you haven't done anything bad lately you either get a warning or a minor ban (3 hours). A minor penalty. Details on this are on Blizzard site.

The person who wrongfully received the item will have the item taken away from them regardless if they were your friend or not, if it was you or not.

The person who should've received the item, receives nothing, so its pointless to make a ticket for that reason. You won't get your item.

If the GM finds you did not state the loot rules nothing will happen and you not only wasted your time, you also wasted Blizzard customer representative time. The joke's really on you however I can recommend a personal spreadsheet or forum thread where you share bad apples within your circle of friends or guild.

In short, always ask the ML for the loot rules.

A lot of GMs are vague in how they deal with the loot dispute but they will always look into it. Some will flat out say they gave the person a warning or ban or "making sure they won't do it again" others will just say "I will look into it if they did anything against the rules and punish if appropriate but due to privacy reasons cannot share details" while others will say the lootrules were not clearly stated.

By the way, Blizzard never looks at screenshots in cases like these. They just look through the logs, they can read everything. Even PMs. A screenshot of Blizzard's reply to ticket can be useful to get the person banned from OpenRaid though.

Deleted
    Are you joking? ML is what every single SoO PuG I have lead wanted, they would rather have to trust 1 person than trust a multitude of people that might roll on stuff they don't need. Settle down, bro.

If you didn't get loot rules clarified at the start of the instance, that's on you. Get over it.

If they stated loot rules, you can contact a GM and have the item removed and they'll be punished.

15+ Year Old Account
    We don't need to force restrictions on everyone just because some players don't want to display any sort of caution or approach and deal with other players like they're actually people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'm totally sympathetic to your situation, and I'm all for punishing ninjas and people who are intentionally misleading about how loot will be handled. But I disagree that PuGs should be prevented from being on Master Looter. The choice should be in the hands of the raid leader. PuGs should not be forced to use any particular loot system, it should always be at the discretion of who puts the raid together, because different systems make sense for different scenarios.
    How about a button that locks the loot settings and will keep them locked until the group is disbanded?

Only the raid leader can click it and it should be easily visible if you are in a loot locked group.

With them trying to stimulate pugs in WoD it might be time to look at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.