Thread: Favorite weapon

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Favorite weapon

I'm interested to know what you think is the best weapon ingame. My favorite lore wise is Quel'delar, of course- in terms of sheer awe inspiring power, Armageddon is definitely it. Tell which, and why.

Based on aesthetics, I'd actually go with Skullforge Reaver. It's a simple-looking sword with a nice purple glow, as well as sheathing on your back. Looks great for a Death Knight in T10.

Deleted
    Jin'rohk the great Apocalypse and Zin'Rokh destroyer of Worlds. Would love to see a Warrior dual wielding both but Jin'rohk became pretty rare because of the ZA remake.

Deleted
    the s6 elite axe

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I allowed to say an unobtainable weapon that is represented ingame? If so: Doomhammer. Simple, beautiful, badass. Can't understand why we can't have some simple hammers now and again. Heck, even the Stone Hammer has random spikes on either end of the shaft, which completely ruins the look for me.

Obtainable: Taran Icebreaker, for reasons that you can probably guess from above.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have too many favourites depending on class...Anathema, Slayer of the Lifeless, Jades Crystal Dagger and Sulfuras, the Extingushed Hand to name a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Am I allowed to say an unobtainable weapon that is represented ingame? If so: Doomhammer. Simple, beautiful, badass. Can't understand why we can't have some simple hammers now and again. Heck, even the Stone Hammer has random spikes on either end of the shaft, which completely ruins the look for me.

Obtainable: Taran Icebreaker, for reasons that you can probably guess from above.
    Try vanilla instances, especially the titan installation in the badlands I cant remember the name.....sigh...the titan guardian there drops a hamer that is frill free

Deleted
    A lot of my favourites are caster swords. My No.1 is probably Life and Death:

But I preferred it when it looked like this:

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's Gorehowl. Back when TBC first came out and I learned that you could obtain the weapon, I was a lot more into the lore and RPing than I am now. I coveted the axe, and gushed at the thought of being able to own and wield Grom Hellscream's axe, the very same axe that took down Mannoroth. I used to hate it when I saw Alliance players using the weapon, as I felt it should be in the hands of an Orc, or at least another member of the Horde. I would always try to kill these players first if I met them in PvP combat. My guild at the time had Karazhan on farm by the time world-first guilds were on T5 content, and I continued to raid Karazhan nearly every week for the rest of the expansion, but unfortunately it was only at the very end that I finally obtained it, just a few months before WotLK was set to launch. While I'm nowhere near as invested in the lore as I once was and don't care too much for faction pride like I did in the good ol' days, it's still a weapon which I have very fond memories of and that has special meaning to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    For me, it's Gorehowl. Back when TBC first came out and I learned that you could obtain the weapon, I was a lot more into the lore and RPing than I am now. I coveted the axe, and gushed at the thought of being able to own and wield Grom Hellscream's axe, the very same axe that took down Mannoroth. I used to hate it when I saw Alliance players using the weapon, as I felt it should be in the hands of an Orc, or at least another member of the Horde. I would always try to kill these players first if I met them in PvP combat. My guild at the time had Karazhan on farm by the time world-first guilds were on T5 content, and I continued to raid Karazhan nearly every week for the rest of the expansion, but unfortunately it was only at the very end that I finally obtained it, just a few months before WotLK was set to launch. While I'm nowhere near as invested in the lore as I once was and don't care too much for faction pride like I did in the good ol' days, it's still a weapon which I have very fond memories of and that has special meaning to me.
    Yes Gorehowl ranks up there with hammer of the Naaruu

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post

Try vanilla instances, especially the titan installation in the badlands I cant remember the name.....sigh...the titan guardian there drops a hamer that is frill free

Only a few items inspire me:

1. Quel'Serrar, the original with the quest (I piss on Quel'Delar it is more a horde sword tbh, although I have it aswell and I piss on those "remakes" of Quel'Serrar lootable from Onyxia)
    2. Cataclysm, awesome two-handed sword
    3. Val'ynar Hammer of Ancient Kings (legendary)
    4. Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros (the 25 man version from Firelands, because it is bigger and brighter then the legendary)

All these items sofar mentioned are great for my transmog.

love so many! dont make me choose!

2h - gorehowl, archaic defender, sulfuras, demise,

1h slayer of the lifeless, headless horseman's sinister saber, broadaxe of the horde, hanzo sword,

edit: forgot warmonger!

For me personally, the Corrupted Ashbringer is unmatched.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    For me personally, the Corrupted Ashbringer is unmatched.
    While I respect your opinion. I wholeheartily disagree. The weapon looks absolutely horrid. It looks like a childsweapon. The only thing it got going for it, is its rarity. Look at the coloration, the design.

The uncorrupted Ashbringer is just slightly better. I agree though that if I had access to either Ashbringer, I would def. wear it ALL THE TIME. But more towards its prestige then beauty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    dirge

10chars
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

I like the grand marshal staff because of the blue particle effect and general awesomeness.

While I respect your opinion. I wholeheartily disagree. The weapon looks absolutely horrid. It looks like a childsweapon. The only thing it got going for it, is its rarity. Look at the coloration, the design.
    Some of my admiration for that weapon is certainly due to it's rarity. If i had to choose a close second it would probably be Shadowmourne. I've admired that axe since the day it was revealed.

Catalysm wins by miles! I made warrior my main on TBC only because of this weapon. I bought it for 5000g back then.
    Lol

Zoid's Firelit Greatsword (Normal). I just love it. Sadly, no set matches the colourscheme/design :/ There are some that get close to it ( like Warrior S8 and T13 ), but no perfect match.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play hunter. There really aren't very many cool looking guns (Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle being an exception in my opinion), and pretty much all the Crossbows are horrid, so for me, it's all about the bows. I loved the models for Melmorta's Twilight Bow (Black Morass) and Lohn'goron, Bow of the Torn Heart (from the Cypher of Damnation quest chain), but my favourites are Thori'dal, The Stars Fury (Legendary), Bristleblitz Striker (Hyjal Past), Golden Bow of Quel'thalas (Sunwell) and Arrowsong (Naxx 25). I know the OPsaid favourite weapon, singular.....but there's so many cool Bows