Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Excellent, thank you.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

That's surprising, they always said they had no plans at all of selling via Steam. I guess it makes sense with Steam's upcoming VR kit and how well Elite will work with it (if Oculus is anything to go by).

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda pissed they are just now selling it on steam, I already bought it from their site. I like having all of my games on Steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The developers have addressed that people who already bought the game may receive steam keys.

Deleted
    Or you know, just run it through steam like a lot of people have been doing since beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Or you know, just run it through steam like a lot of people have been doing since beta.
    That's what I'm doing. I don't really care about whether I actually own the game on Steam or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    That's what I'm doing. I don't really care about whether I actually own the game on Steam or not.
    A recent post on the ED forums points out that if you move over to steam it takes 30 percent of any content you buy (game/future DLC/skins) from them to steam. If you want to support the development of ED then buy from the ED store and not steam. If you want it on steam at least do not buy any skins or DLC there. Steam does nothing and takes 30% profits.

Anyone who plays ED can imagine that money towards development is a good thing. It's already well developed now but I'm sure most can imagine it will take a bit to keep it going into the future.

-Nish

P.S. It's a really good game.
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nish77 View Post
    A recent post on the ED forums points out that if you move over to steam it takes 30 percent of any content you buy (game/future DLC/skins) from them to steam. If you want to support the development of ED then buy from the ED store and not steam. If you want it on steam at least do not buy any skins or DLC there. Steam does nothing and takes 30% profits.

Anyone who plays ED can imagine that money towards development is a good thing. It's already well developed now but I'm sure most can imagine it will take a bit to keep it going into the future.

-Nish

P.S. It's a really good game.
    steam has milion times bigger reach than E: D developer, thats why they agreed to put their game there in the 1st place

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    the cobra and viper are both kinda equal, the asp is a step up along with the vulture then there is still a bit of a gap between them and the python/fer-de-lance. I mean there is the fed drop ship but without the rank you can't buy it.

eagle/adder - 100k~
    viper/cobra 200-300~
    asp/vulture 4-6m~
    fed dropship/clipper 19-20m~
    python/orca/fer-de-lance 50-54m~
    anaconda 150m~

the progression is a little strange, the cobra can handle combat and exploration just fine there is very little that would require you to need a bigger ship. note that the bigger the ship the more it costs in insurance and repairs so you have to make more money by default to cover the upkeep. (along with setting enough aside to cover a full rebuy)

I recently sold my cobra for a vulture and it does more damage with the 2 bigger guns and the manoeuvrability is second to none. but it does cost about 550k for the rebuy as opposed to the cobra costing about 150 or 200.

I bought elite on a whim and was a bit disappointed at the overall depth of a thimble but after playing 1.2 i can only hope things keep going in this direction, now bounty hunting isn't so bad, even fighting in conflict zones can earn some creds i think i managed 2 mill yesterday over about 2-3hrs in low intensity sites. still extremely repetitive its hard to see past the grind more creds get new ship so you can grind more creds slightly quicker, your either grinding creds for the next ship bracket or your grinding creds to try to A fit the ship you currently have.
    I've been playing about a month or so. First I ground the near RES that I was advised to go to by letting police take out ships for the most part then helping finish them off with my sidewinder. I did that so much with a Warrant Scanner I just moved up straight to a vulture. From there I ground more RES pirates till I could buy a clipper which I got the rep from in about a day to a day and a half. I traded with the clipper and made a bit of money till a couple fighting (RES/Combat Zone) community goals came out. Hit top 5 in both of those and sold the clipper bought a discount python from Zaonce and kept the Vulture. I did another two fighting CGs and now I could sell the vulture, strip the python and buy a trading anaconda.

I think I'm going to grind out a few more credits and see what happens with the Power Play patch first, though. Just got done capping my Federation and Empire ranks. A couple more fighting CGs or one with a huge discount on ships/outfitting would be all I needed at this point.

-Nish

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    steam has milion times bigger reach than E: D developer, thats why they agreed to put their game there in the 1st place
    Yeah but just saying for future reference. If you wanna help the development of ED, buy your DLC and skins from the ED store and add the game afterwards.

-Nish
    Last edited by Nish77; 2015-06-02 at 02:48 PM.
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reddit
    I think the 30% cut for Steam sales or sales via the steam.elitedangerous.com store is perfectly fine and the price Frontier pay to reach that wider market.
    I think Valve getting their greedy, grasping fingers into Frontier's own store (just because the accounts are linked) is shite.
    Anyone who buys the game via steam or uses steam's version of the cash shop should expect 30% to go to steam. Any original backer (pre-Steam) who links their accounts should expect 30% to go to Steam when using steam's version of the cash shop.
    What they don't expect is - if they log into Frontier's store via the website, Steam will still get a 30% cut on digital purchases. Bit too close to double-dipping imo.

Beware the AI in patch 1.3, it is vastly improved - quite scary at times.

Beware the AI in patch 1.3, it is vastly improved - quite scary at times.
    You mean I can't trick a clipper or a python to roll around trying to face me while I blast away at its powerplant anymore?

-Nish

Quote Originally Posted by Nish77 View Post
    You mean I can't trick a clipper or a python to roll around trying to face me while I blast away at its powerplant anymore?

-Nish
    Maybe the Novice ranked ones, but the higher ranked NPCs now make good use of boosting, shield cell boosters, pips in SYS, ENG, WEP etc they can be a good challenge tbh.
    What I want to see is a video of someone trying a strong signal source containing 3 Elite Anacondas post 1.3

Powerplay has arrived!

But how do you participate in Powerplay?

Who did I choose? Well, let's just say that... Winters is coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and there's a bunch of sound improvement. hearing your FSD in supercruise... Eargasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Oh, and there's a bunch of sound improvement. hearing your FSD in supercruise... Eargasm.
    There's sound in space?

Shocking.

Jokes aside, looking promising! Any announce on the walking in stations/landing on planets expansion yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    There's sound in space?

Shocking.

Jokes aside, looking promising! Any announce on the walking in stations/landing on planets expansion yet?
    Not yet, but they've been teasing that they have something to show off at E3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo I finally caved and bought this game. I've been meaning to for a while, but what tipped the scales is that I finally got my hands on an Oculus Rift. Got a great deal for a DK1 on eBay, only paid like $150. Combining that with my Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X has created something truly amazing. Now all I need to get is one of those chairs that have speakers and vibrate for the ultimate experience.

First contact with Thargoids

I would have needed new underwear after that hyperspace interdiction.

The sound design in this game is just phenomenal.