Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I am offended that is made by Michael Bay
    I am offended that it has even been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I am offended that it has even been made.

I'm offended by you being offended. I guess we're all going to jail now.

We should all be upset that vanilla ice isn't in this one.....:P
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Paramount is loving the free publicity.

Deleted
    I'm not trying to diminish the tragedy of 9/11 in any way but it was 13 years ago, I think it's time that people stop immediately jumping to 9/11 whenever there is an exploding building. It's not even a tower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats much better:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Nice photoshop skillz, the animated faces really look weird...

10+ Year Old Account
    Michael Bay..

You should feel ashamed and apologize for watching it on that alone.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In Australia though that date is 11/9

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    In Australia though that date is 11/9
    They wrote 'September 11', and as I said earlier, if they'd written the date as 11/9, nobody would have given a toss, but they didn't, so some people did.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of the Australian KFC advert uproar...

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It was horrible, but it's still made out to be the most horrible thing ever. >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, the obsession over 11 September 2001 is just unhealthy. It happened, lots of people died. Yes, by all means commemorate it - but stop thinking that that day is a world-wide day of mourning. But after 13 years, maybe it is time to move on. Don't forget it happened, don't forget relatives that died, but move on.
    Eh, I think it's a pretty horrible thing to say that you think people lament over it a bit too much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

In this day and age it seems as though some people deliberately go out of their way to find ways to twist almost anything into something that needs to be changed in order to prevent it from being seen as 'offensive'. It's becoming very ridiculous.

1) Doesn't look anything like the World Trade Centre

2) They're turtles, not people.

3) Is any exploding building now going to be linked to 9/11?

This is pathetic ... Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Eh, I think it's a pretty horrible thing to say that you think people lament over it a bit too much...

I never said that. I said that people make it out to be the worst thing in human history. When it's come to the point that a building on fire with turtles jumping out makes you cry "OMG 9/11. HOW DARE YOU.", you know your "lamenting" has gone overboard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    In this day and age it seems as though some people deliberately go out of their way to find ways to twist almost anything into something that needs to be changed in order to prevent it from being seen as 'offensive'. It's becoming very ridiculous.

People seem to love getting offended in this day and age. Righteous indignation seems to give them some kind of satisfaction, some kind of twisted pleasure.

I disagree it was more than a decade ago and a relatively small number of people died. Sure it was awful and bad.

It's no more awful than say D-Day or (insert historical loss of life here)

People died and we don't need to feel bad about it forever, it's not going to bring them back, it's not going to improve my life, or anybodies life to feel bad about it forever.

It's just something you get over, accept it happened, stop letting it drag you down.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    They do though, there have been thousands of terrorist attacks in the world yet every year people keep bringing up 11/9 and expecting the whole world to watch what they do or say, this poster is a good example of that. It was a great tragedy but it was 13 years ago, don't forget the horrible attack but move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post
    http://news.sky.com/story/1309586/ni...ses-9-11-anger

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-building.html

Ok so this poster in Australia for the new ninja turtles film is apparently causing some sort of up roar because:

A: Exploding Building
    B: People (Turtles Jumping from building)
    C: Film is out on 9/11

Personally i think that its getting a bit ridiculous that people are getting outraged over a poster in AUSTRALIA . This poster wasn't even released for the US to see but apparently its now offensive.

any way /discuss
    time perhaps to get over it and stop connecting everything to this one event?

there have been countless plane crashes, accidents, attacks, bombings...drone strikes.....and if you got all upset over any slight reference, you'd be perpetually offended....

Still, that pretty much sums up some people, who seams to make it a hobby to be offended about things.
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2014-07-30 at 11:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much ado about nothing. Paramount Australia should tell them to fuck off.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

No, they do ... Way too much.

What happened was a terrible series of events, but it's not as if it's the greatest loss of human life, or even the single biggest terrorist threat to ever happen. There are events happening daily that are far more serious, devastating and deadly than 9/11.

Honestly, we should all remember what happened but pretending that any time a building is exploding, or people are jumping from it calls back to that day is just pathetic. People need to get a grip with reality and move on.