Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The definition I live by when it comes to the word "racism" is simply assigning personality characteristics to someone based solely on their race. Like going up to a black guy who happens to have been raised on a horse ranch in the Dakotas and assuming he listens to Jay Z. The assumption made in that example is that because he is black, he likes rap music and his individual background is either overlooked or disregarded. Assuming a white person is rich or privileged in some way is another example. It works in reverse too... assuming an asian person is good at math or knows martial arts... assuming that attorneys with Jewish names are going to be better than ones who don't. It takes many forms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Praseodymium?
    A five letter word.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post
    A five letter word.
    Prude? /10prprpr
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Poland isn't a 3rd world country.
    As a Pole I can tell you it pretty close to being one.
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2014-07-30 at 12:30 PM.

Imo it has, since people overuse it for just about anything , its exactly like the "rape" word since "new" feminists use it for about anything (ex. stare-rape lolz). When you use a powerful word like those 2 for about anything instead of its true purpose then yeah it looses its meaning.

Yes I agree the word racist is being overused.
    Yes, both examples OP gives isn't actually racism.
    Yes, OP's example isn't actually racism but he does insult a country and he's wrong and deserves being flamed. For the lack of a better term for insulting a country needlessly I don't really blame those people for calling OP a racist. It's the same mentality with racism.
    As for the second, I've been in Sweden I've seen so many swedes using random English insults without thinking much over it, he was probably just rambling or drunk or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    As a Pole I can tell you it pretty close to being one.
    But technically it isn't. It's a second world country. You are mixing underdeveloped country (which it isn't), developing country (which it is), and developed country (which it isn't) with 1st-3rd world country, which are entirely different things.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being prejudiced about people from another country, and believing yourself to be better because you're from a different country is most definitely racism. Racism is the belief that a group of people are inherently superior to those around them.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    This reminds me. My cousin accused her dad of being "racist towards old people" last time I overheard them having an argument.
    People are quick to call someone a racist because they simply have a preference for something. When having a preference does not mean you hate the other, will treat them badly or mistrust them. But people think it is racism of the other because they do not feel that way. A example would be someone who prefers to date a blond. The brunettes , black haired and red heads would call him a racist. And same could be said of the color of eyes. A person prefers and enjoys to look at a person with blue eyes and some would auto call them a racist because of it.

Well, it doesn't seem to have lost its meaning, as much as it seems that it just has its meaning warped a lot of the time specifically for the purpose of being used as a shutdown in discussions where your criticism over a group of people who happen to share the same skin colour in common.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Deleted
    Question other country morality? Racism!
    Don't like your own country? Racism!
    Hate your own city? Racism!
    Yell at thief? Racism!
    Police doing their job? Racism!
    You don't tolerate your lousy noisy neighbors that make noise/throw garbage around house? Racism!
    When in doubt, racism!

Well, the world is changing and trying to be as PC as possible (everyone gets butthurt over something), and I've tried to go the other way with these things. I will opening throw faggot and my nigga around (I find NiggER racist, but NiggA means friend) and those have absolutely nothing to do with gay or black people. Not anymore. Not when those words are used so freely in media and entertainment. Hell, the very offensive "Redskin" is a sports name for fuck sake, that's the other mean that has plopped itself up. People just need to learn to lighten the fuck up.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Imo it has, since people overuse it for just about anything , its exactly like the "rape" word since "new" feminists use it for about anything (ex. stare-rape lolz). When you use a powerful word like those 2 for about anything instead of its true purpose then yeah it looses its meaning.
    Good points. I do not like to use the word "rape" in any application other than it's intended use. Why? Because to use the term loosely, can show disrespect for the victims. Some terms should not be addressed carelessly or in a joking manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremely relevant:

It's not you, it's them.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good points. I do not like to use the word "rape" in any application other than it's intended use. Why? Because to use the term loosely, can show disrespect for the victims. Some terms should not be addressed carelessly or in a joking manner.
    What do you think the 'intended' use of the word rape is?

10+ Year Old Account
    It certainly isn't intended to be used in place of words like ogle or leer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    When a footballer embarrasses a defender, it is correct to say that he "rapes" them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Rape has a very specific meaning, it's not you who's using it wrong but rather the new wave feminists. Instead of using words for what they mean, they try to tell you that the definition is wrong and it means a plethora of things. The legal definition of rape is rather specific, and simply looking at someone in a carpark does not qualify. Keep in mind the same people argue that you cannot be racist towards white people because apparently you can't be racist to the person in power, it's a top down discrimination - which is bull.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I will admit, this is one word that I do tend to use a bit more cautiously. I have a friend from high school that was raped, a good respectable girl with two autistic children. She was always nice to everyone and a real sweetheart. After reconnecting after a decade, I tend to be less careless in using that word as a random adjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    When someone orders a well done beef steak, that is rape.