Deleted

Looking for some info on the way cataclysm heroic raid lockouts work

Sorry if this is a repost but I couldn't find any thread asking this question.

For quite some time now I have been farming LK 25 HC using an 11/12 normal save obtained on 10 man on one of my alts. Getting into a raid group with said alt and switching to 25 normal and then 25 heroic from inside the instance with the character that will kill the LK has been working for me despite the save that I am using has not defeated any of the other bosses on heroic difficulty. I'm not sure whether this working at all is a result of the adaptation of the WotLK raid system (separate lockouts for 10N 10H 25N 25H) to the Cata style of raid lockouts(same lockout for all sizes and difficulties with some additional rules on whether a boss has been killed on heroic) or purely unintended, but I want to know whether the same methodology could be used to farm Ragnaros HC and Madness HC, since so far I know for sure that you need to have defeated all the rest of the bosses in this lockout on heroic difficulty to attempt the final boss on heroic? Has anybody tested this or could help me understand why this might or might not work?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not positive because I haven't gone back and ran those instances since Cata, but I don't believe that they changed those raid lockouts like they did with LK so you'd be unable to pull either on heroic without having cleared the previous bosses on heroic, which would then prevent you from saving a 6/7 or 7/8 lockout on an alt as well as changing from 10 to 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to clear everything on HC to access the last boss on HC, in Cata (and MoP) raids. WotLK raids use the different system that you explained yourself.
    Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6GB) | Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dechno View Post
    Need to clear everything on HC to access the last boss on HC, in Cata (and MoP) raids. WotLK raids use the different system that you explained yourself.
    Have you tested this yourself? As I explained, WotLK raids have been adapted to use the new system and no longer have each of the said 4 difficulties accessible in the same week. Don't want to come out as lazy but I currently have a lot going on and don't have the time to test this myself (posting from work).

Wilderness, does your post mean that ICC was changed on purpose to allow LK HC to be accessible without having defeated all previous encounters on HC ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batejorko View Post
    Have you tested this yourself?
    Yes. For example, Ragnaros won't spawn on HC if any of the previous bosses have been killed on normal. This is how the system works now for Cata and beyond. ICC is "unique" and the change they were doing before Cata could be a side-effect of being able to skip bosses on HC.
    Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6GB) | Corsair Vengeance 8GB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batejorko View Post
    Wilderness, does your post mean that ICC was changed on purpose to allow LK HC to be accessible without having defeated all previous encounters on HC ?
    Yes, it was specifically changed to not require 11/12H before being able to pull H LK. A good while ago - I can't recall the reason, and I'm about to head out for now, but I can probably track it down later.