Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Doesn't seem beneficial to put too much more work in to this games AI to me. It's such a minor feature in the grand scheme and works well enough for these puzzle style bosses for the incredibly small percentage of time players spend against the AI.

It would be nice but it's completely reasonable to never touch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    AI in Gaming is very random. When I say that I mean it's either too easy, ok, decent or super freaking hard. Really it's difficult. Also let's keep in mind just because you might be super skilled and or lucky/dedicated doesn't mean the AI is bad. Say for WoW for instance. You may be able to beat a heroic encounter, that doesn't mean it's not hard. It just means you're really good.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    AI in Gaming is very random. When I say that I mean it's either too easy, ok, decent or super freaking hard. Really it's difficult. Also let's keep in mind just because you might be super skilled and or lucky/dedicated doesn't mean the AI is bad. Say for WoW for instance. You may be able to beat a heroic encounter, that doesn't mean it's not hard. It just means you're really good.
    whats the difference between a decent and a ok ai? i thought those two words were synonym's.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Last week I remember seeing people complaining they couldn't beat Naxx with basic decks.

So OP, r u elitist?

I like how they've made normal mode cater to casuals, and heroic to the hardcore with expensive decks. I'll probably attempt heroic at the end of the week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzycakes View Post
    I like how they've made normal mode cater to casuals, and heroic to the hardcore with expensive decks. I'll probably attempt heroic at the end of the week
    That's not how normal and heroic are designed though. In heroics you are mainly just fighting the hero powers, and beating the matches are just about building a gimmicky deck that fits that particular encounter. In the 2nd wing, I actually beat both heigan and loatheb with very inexpensive priest decks.

OP makes good points, people claiming that making the AI not a complete failure is comparable to a 'ranked player' don't seem to have experience with DoTP, that made set challenges based around decent AI (as well as using unique and in some cases OP cards for the opponent at times). It struck a good balance in 2013/14 there.

@Breadisfunny the only reason I paid cash for naxx was because of magic 2015's flop, otherwise the cash would've gone there and I would buy naxx with gold (which can now go towards arena / packs). To pretend the AI isn't a factor when there is COMPETITION in this business is ridiculous. Ofcourse it is
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    AI doesn't seem to be bad, but some decisions are rather questionable at best.
    Why for example AI is not programmed to ignore the attack of a non-silenced Ragnaros?
    I saw it twice, AI bashing two of it's minions to my Ragnaros to get him to 8-1 and then throws a Crazy Alchemist.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2014-07-31 at 02:19 PM.

Deleted
    Maexxna is the best hearthstone player, I got sooo many +1's from her poor use of hero power.

Deleted
    They need to hire Cybernet to come in and tune the AI up!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyzarus View Post
    Maexxna is the best hearthstone player, I got sooo many +1's from her poor use of hero power.
    I can let maexxna hc slide - she'd be near unbeatable if she played smartly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."