Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

Lois Lerner Criticized GOP As 'Crazies,' 'Assholes' In Emails

WASHINGTON (AP) — A former IRS official at the heart of the agency's tea party controversy called conservative Republicans "crazies" and more in emails released Wednesday.

Lois Lerner headed the IRS division that handles applications for tax-exempt status. In a series of emails with a colleague in November 2012, Lerner made two disparaging remarks about members of the GOP, including one remark that was profane.

Rep. Dave Camp, who chairs the House Ways and Means Committee, released the emails Wednesday as part of his committee's investigation. The Michigan Republican says the emails show Lerner's "disgust with conservatives."

In one email, Lerner called members of the GOP crazies. In the other, she called them "assholes." The committee redacted the wording to "_holes" in the material it released publicly but a committee spokeswoman confirmed to the AP that the email said "assholes."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000592
    Not politically motivated no bias or discrimination. That many on this forum, democrats, and IRS officials has argued from the start. "Lerner was just doing her job" they have been saying

lets say we have a policeman who is accused of bias and discrimination in his police work caused by the statistics in his stop and frisk history
    in one months time he had stopped and frisked 298 people
    283 83% where black and 29 10% where non black
    he claims it wasn't bias it wasn't discriminatory I was just doing my job. then later on in the investigation emails come to light which he had called blacks the N word and other derogatory remarks. what do you think would happen? would you believe he was not being bias or discriminatory in his police work?
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2014-07-30 at 07:28 PM.

It's "discriminatory" to call Tea Partiers crazy?

Anyone have a link that to American Spring video(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post

it is when you let your opinion your hate to influence your work. work by law that needs to be conducted without bias or discrimination

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    it is when you let your opinion your hate to influence your work. work by law that needs to be conducted without bias or discrimination
    So basically what Republican Congress has done to Obama pretty much his entire Presidency?

I'll take birth certificates for $1000 Alex.

Here you go lol.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like she's calling the right wing radio hosts/their callers assholes.

A statement of fact can't be discriminatory. Several GOP candidates have expressed beliefs that run counter to reality, "legitimate rape" and all that madness.

Deleted
    I would jail him because he obviously forged his statistics.
    Also: The Tea Party is not conservative. It's reactionary. That said, she should not have insulted them (I assume it was a public statement and not a private email ).

Not politically motivated no bias or discrimination. That many on this forum, democrats, and IRS officials has argued from the start. "Lerner was just doing her job" they have been saying

lets say we have a policeman who is accused of bias and discrimination in his police work caused by the statistics in his stop and frisk history
    he claims it wasn't bias it wasn't discriminatory I was just doing my job. then later on in the investigation emails come to light which he had called blacks the N word and other derogatory remarks. what do you think would happen? would you believe he was not being bias or discriminatory in his police work?
    Vyxn, do you know how this will turn out? Just like any other thread you make. You start making comments, then someone points out the obvious to you and then you start in a circle of the same posts over and over. Then after you have been royally reamed and debunked you either get pissed off and infracted or you leave again. So my advice to you is just find a new hobby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't that come under the defence of 'fair comment'?

Well she's not wrong.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-07-30 at 07:52 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Wouldn't that come under the defence of 'fair comment'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    A statement of fact can't be discriminatory. Several GOP candidates have expressed beliefs that run counter to reality, "legitimate rape" and all that madness.
    not when it is used to influence you work as a federal employee. by law you are not allowed to conduct your work with bias and discrimination

she has the right to her opinion but she doesn't have the right and is breaking the law to use that opinion to influence her work

10+ Year Old Account
    not when it is used to influence you work as a federal employee. by law you are not allowed to conduct your work with bias and discrimination

she has the right to her opinion but she doesn't have the right and is breaking the law to use that opinion to influence her work
    Which you have absolutely no evidence that she did.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Vyxn, do you know how this will turn out? Just like any other thread you make. You start making comments, then someone points out the obvious to you and then you start in a circle of the same posts over and over. Then after you have been royally reamed and debunked you either get pissed off and infracted or you leave again. So my advice to you is just find a new hobby.
    debunked like the "if you like your plan you can keep your plan" lie that many including you argued till you was blue in the face wasn't a lie that won lie of the year

Time has always proven me right and yet again looks like time will prove me right again

and by the way mentioning infractions is an infractional offence so lets see if the moderators conduct their job with out bias

Here you go again. Just like the last thread. You think because of these comments she made it influenced her work. Although we have evidence to the contrary. Were any of the Tea Party/conservative groups denied access to their tax exempt status? The answer is NO. Although as it has been shown some should have been considering they are actually breaking the rules for the 503c groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    not when it is used to influence you work as a federal employee that by law you are not allowed to conduct your work with bias and discrimination

To be honest with you, I don't really care, it's just these 'scandals' aren't particularly scandalous or even vaguely interesting, so I thought I'd lighten the mood.

Did she even let this affect her work? Perhaps she thinks that a lot of people she deals with are crazy arseholes, I know I do.

Time has always proven me right and yet again looks like time will prove me right again
    "I have no evidence." would save you keystrokes.

I'll take birth certificates for $1000 Alex.
    Yeah. Thanks for starting the birther movement, Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Which you have absolutely no evidence that she did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    To be honest with you, I don't really care, it's just these 'scandals' aren't particularly scandalous or even vaguely interesting, so I thought I'd lighten the mood.

Did she even let this affect her work? Perhaps she thinks that a lot of people she deals with are crazy arseholes, I know I do.
    statistics prove bias and her email proves state of mind and intent