RJW or Chi Torp? 9158 haste?

New ish MW here.

Just wondering what is a better talent or if it is all situational.

Also, I'm about Ilvl 520 and have gunned for the 9158 haste cap. That sadly only leave me with about 3k crit. Should I drop back to the 6k one for the moment?

Any help would be lovely.

Here is my armory -- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...astic/advanced

Thanks!

If you feel really comfortable with your mana, you could drop a crap load of spirit for crit and just reforge the gear to meet your haste requirements. I did the same thing around that ilvl and I felt no change in my mana since mana regen is just a broken mechanic for us right now at any gear level. I also have no idea how close you are to getting the Legendary Meta Gem. Once you get the gem, I would say go for the highest haste point without sacrificing crit for it in either gems or gear stats. That is my two cents anyway. There are a lot more knowledgeable Mistweavers out there than I as I do what feels best for me personally. And what works for me may not work for you.

You don't really need more than 6-7k spirit, and you shouldn't enchant/gem for it.
    Just aim for the haste breakpoint that you want and then focus on crit.

As for level 90 talents it really depends on the encounter, but in your gear level (and in most cases in SoO) I'd just go for Xuen for the little bit of extra damage. Your healing spells are really enough, just practice managing your ReM, your Chi and you Mana Tea and you'll be good to go.

6-7k spirit? Really? Even Affinity has 10k.

Also sigh, no point in healing against disc

Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    6-7k spirit? Really? Even Affinity has 10k.

Also sigh, no point in healing against disc
    Looking at people that have been farming heroic Garrosh for over half of a year is kind of a bad idea, their gear hasn't been oriented around maximizing performance for a very long time. Most people gravitate towards a bit more Spirit once everything is on farm just to not have to care about things like Mana Tea and do whatever they feel like on bosses they've killed 30+ times.

Sorry I have no idea who Affinity is, I sit at the moment on ~8.5k (armory page is down, can't link the exact number) and mana is never an issue. I'd love to drop more spirit but gotta work with the gear I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Looking at people that have been farming heroic Garrosh for over half of a year is kind of a bad idea, their gear hasn't been oriented around maximizing performance for a very long time. Most people gravitate towards a bit more Spirit once everything is on farm just to not have to care about things like Mana Tea and do whatever they feel like on bosses they've killed 30+ times.
    Yeah I guess this makes sense.

I take it you guys use Int food and flasks right? Also you don't use the Mana Tea glyph right?
    Last edited by Girthmonster; 2014-07-30 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    Yeah I guess this makes sense.

I take it you guys use Int food and flasks right? Also you don't use the Mana Tea glyph right?
    Yep, int food & flask. Mana Tea glyph isn't really needed, there're better glyphs available.

Just recently started weaving mists, but I would have to point out that the focus on spirit amount is less important than your question on crit vs haste breakpoints.
    You shouldn't be over extending on haste points until you've got more than enough crit.
    I've experimented with going up a breakpoint and back down with a few trinket options as I got them (I was looking more at playing around with the 12k one, but I'm wondering about going down to 6k to get a 2% crit bump since I have double amp trinkets)

I found that even though I could reach a higher point with losing less than 2k crit rating, it just isn't worth it (some threads and guides have said 1.6k rating might be worth it). It's important to note that if you're trying to get a good amount of hps out of ReM/Uplift maxing, even if you can comfortably reach a haste point, being over it actually hurts you instead of just being not helpful like with most classes because of your Thunder Focus Tea. Try your hardest to to be as near to it as you can without being under (cause under is really just being way over the previous). I would aim for being less than 50 rating above a break point.

Int:1.0 Crit: 0.7 Haste(9k break):0.5 Mastery: 0.25
    If you're below say 4-5k spirit, then maybe get a little more as a priority below haste, but crit is much better at getting your mana regen with tea.

In your aim for more crit, prideful (550 ilvl) pieces can offer both more crit and nearly as much Int as some normal SoO options in many cases.

Talents though have a lot to do with raid size. Chi Wave/Xuen do well in 10m, but ChiBurst/RJW are better in most 25m. This also seems to hold over in Beta, though Xuen seems to be horrible (maybe he's good in Crane stance though? hadn't tried that) with low damage/healing. Found Zen Sphere to also be a decent help for cheaply getting a big heal on people when a spike goes out.

My exp is on my priest 14/14H on both disc and shadow specs and my monk is 14/14H as dps and have healed 8/14H (and healed beta raid testing). MW's definitely looking better than on live
    Last edited by Neptuno; 2014-08-01 at 05:58 AM.

As a leather wearer at very high ilvl you also are "stuck" with a reasonable amount of spirit. Affinichi has reforged out of spirit on every item he possibly can and is wearing non-spirit items everywhere he can. But, due to ~every leather item having spirit (the only exception are the haste/mastery shoes but he'd rather wear the crit ones) and the 9.7% spirit a H WF amp trinket gives, he still has around 10k spirit. I'm sure he'd love to drop more spirit for more throughput, but it's not possible at his ilvl.

It's not because we have 10k spirit that we wouldn't dump more if we could.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch