Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Blizzard just know their fan base. When you have millions of people who are happy with literally nothing why would you spend money making content?
    No truer words have been spoken. I don't know what's worse, the amount of time it takes them to pump out content compared to any other modern game (not even just a MMO), or the sad large amount of people who are completely okay with this. Sometimes I wonder if they even know what else is out there, that you don't have to wait an entire year for new content elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Or could it be that some people don't care about the payment method of a game? They will play the game they enjoy the most either way. This may also shock you. Some people play more than one game. Can you believe that shit? Wacky!
    Yes, that's true. Where they find the time to play more than one MMO is what boggles my mind. That is alot of free time. You'd have to be a total shut in to progress in multiple mmos.

I'm not knocking anyone's pastimes at all, I've just always wondered where people find the time to do that much gaming or why they'd even want to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    No truer words have been spoken. I don't know what's worse, the amount of time it takes them to pump out content compared to any other modern game (not even just a MMO), or the sad large amount of people who are completely okay with this. Sometimes I wonder if they even know what else is out there, that you don't have to wait an entire year for new content elsewhere.
    You know, I've quit WoW many times to play a different MMO (not both at the same time due to the issue I just talked about), and they just don't hold my interest very long. There is always something about it that makes me think "I'd be better off doing this on my WoW toon. I don't think I'll be playing this game much longer." They've all felt very unfinished or just wonky in general.

Rift, ARR, Warhammer (lol), Aion, and many other AAA titles just fell a bit flat for me. I don't know what it is. I came from FFXI which I absolutely loved, but I didn't have the time needed to progress in that game. WoW gave me a nice middle ground I guess.