not seen a new model for a while - gamescom reveal?

i've noticed that we haven't seen any new model since the draenei male showed up in a beta build over a month ago.

since then we got the undead female model, but she'd already had an pic preview at blizzcon last year, we saw the draenei male artcraft, but he'd already been seen in the beta build i just mentioned, we had the tauren female artcraft, but she'd had her textures in the beta for quite a while.

still missing

ALL Trolls
    ALL Blood elves
    Night elf male

we saw a glimpse of the night elf male, if that could be classed as seen, and it was remarked that it was a very unfinshed model, kinda like the alpha night elf female, except this was just a picture in clothes and a covering hat where she was the full body.

so really looking to see the troll male and female and the blood elves, and ofc curious to see if we'll get handsome night elf male that also looked dangerous/threatening instead of goofy.

i expect blood elves to be pretty much like the draenei female, almost a carbon copy high rez version, the biggest suprises should be in the Trolls and the night elf male - just like the night elf female got quite a lot of changing, i expect the male to be significantly modified/improved - the jump for blood elves will be like draenei, and not feel as big a gap as it did for the human male or night elf female, or orc/dwarf or omg..did you see the tauren female, she, the human male and the night elf female had some of the biggest changes so far, but i think she is the best new model to date.

Trolls and night elves should be really soon.

Blood elves aren't getting updated.

original troll classic model before wow release, and predecessor t o new troll model

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Trolls and night elves should be really soon.

Blood elves aren't getting updated.
    really? that's sad, after the Orcs, the blood elves have the second largest involvement in Draenor for the horde, that's gonna suck no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    ~snip~

really? that's sad, after the Orcs, the blood elves have the second largest involvement in Draenor for the horde, that's gonna suck no?
    they are getting updated, just not in time for launch. wyrt is kinda wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Possibly, but to be fair, of all the Horde races, they have aged pretty dam well compared to all of the vanilla races. Also as much as I can't wait to see them too, if the artists need more time, they need more time. I'd rather wait than have them not rush both the bloodelf updates, in which would also take time away from getting the ones they are working on now, just right.

AFAIK Blood Elves did not exist in Draenor, thus they aren't a major part of it compared to Draenei, which home world is Draenor.

They're not going to be ready to go at launch. Doesn't mean work hasn't commenced--in fact, it surely has, but they won't have them in a satisfactory place prior to launch. But they're on the way.

Gamescom reveal is most likely the CGI trailer. I'd bet money on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female tauren from last week wants to say hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    "No new model in a while"?
    So,the Female Tauren suddenly don't count as a new model or did I miss something?

We'll most likely just get a cinematic plus some additional information about WoD.

it''s cos some people could datamine her model for the past few beta builds, so though tit's a reveal, it isn't really is what i meant.

new troll?

Female Tauren were revealed like a week ago, Chris Robinson said next week or week after we'll get Troll artcraft, then we have Nelf male and Troll female left. If anything is gonna be revealed on Gamescom it's release date and cinematic (who are we kidding, its 100% chance of happening)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh the good old alpha model.
    From mongoloid to awesome model!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Dat alpha troll female, vanilla wow sucked, such a casual game compared to the glory of alpha wow, too much was dumbed down.

I hope the new female troll model looks like the alpha one, so much prettier and graceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    AFAIK Blood Elves did not exist in Draenor, thus they aren't a major part of it compared to Draenei, which home world is Draenor.
    Blood knights are a significant player in the talador storyline.

Pro tip: just ignore everything happening in WoW until 5 months from now, then you'll probably have some fun with it again.

Quote Originally Posted by corngrenade View Post
    Pro tip: just ignore everything happening in WoW until 5 months from now, then you'll probably have some fun with it again.
    i'm taking your advice sir, best suggetion so far. See you in 5 months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    it''s cos some people could datamine her model for the past few beta builds, so though tit's a reveal, it isn't really is what i meant.
    We datamined her texture. Speaking as someone who has been thinking a lot about how the model might look since that texture datamine, her model was still a complete surprise.

Sig by Isilrien

They're just delayed. Probably so they can address samefase before launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Female tauren from last week wants to say hi.
    Did she bring her traditional tauren beagreeting stick?