Page 1 of 2
LastLast

tameing bosses in WOD

Hunters can usually tame old bosses like with the adding of hydras chim from bwd is tameable so i figured the mop bosses would be i found
    out oondasta isn't tameable haven't tried the celestials but i am going to tonight but i assume they are not haven't been able to get enough people
    together to see if thok is tameable thou just wondering your guys thoughts on anything you guys have tried to tame in beta

AFAIK, the only new tamable boss is Chimaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    AFAIK, the only new tamable boss is Chimaeron.
    hes tameable because he is a hydra but if you go back to other expansions you can tame chromag magmadar
    huhuran and other bosses that are classified as"beasts" because when expansions come out you are higher
    lvl then them thok/horridon/celestials and a few others are classified as beasts meaning they should be able to be
    tamed they just current'y aren't from what i can tell

If they have a skull where their level should be, then they shouldn't be tamble. I'd love to have a horridon pet, but it won't happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyber-Dalek Master View Post
    If they have a skull where their level should be, then they shouldn't be tamble. I'd love to have a horridon pet, but it won't happen anytime soon.
    they do have a skull for a level but they are skull lvls from older xpacks bosses are 3lvls above the curren't max lvl of that xpack i.e. vannilla are lvl63
    bc are 73 wrath 83 cata 88 and in mop currently 93 they stay this lvl as your lvls go up meaning they are tameable it's just weird that these aren't atm when others are

Quote Originally Posted by nitsu View Post
    hes tameable because he is a hydra but if you go back to other expansions you can tame chromag magmadar
    huhuran and other bosses that are classified as"beasts" because when expansions come out you are higher
    lvl then them thok/horridon/celestials and a few others are classified as beasts meaning they should be able to be
    tamed they just current'y aren't from what i can tell
    And he's telling you only Chimaeron is tameable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you above, or under 93?

If you are under, you will not be able to tame them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Are you above, or under 93?

If you are under, you will not be able to tame them.

this is talking about wod not now thok is a devilsaur which are tameable as well as horridon which is a direhorn also tameable
    xuen and chiji are beasts of a tameable breed but they would probably be spirit beasts if tameable

They said somewhere that it won't be till expac after WoD that MoP bosses become tameable
    Retired hunter

it'd be awesome if the tamed pets retained one of the boss' primary abilities just for fun
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Can i tame arthas?. But seriously, does no one else think that taming bosses kinda takes away the immersion?

Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    Can i tame arthas?. But seriously, does no one else think that taming bosses kinda takes away the immersion?
    no, cause we've already killed it about 50 times already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nitsu View Post
    xuen and chiji are beasts of a tameable breed but they would probably be spirit beasts if tameable
    I promised myself I wouldn't get to excited about to prospect to taming Xuen... I promised!

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    it'd be awesome if the tamed pets retained one of the boss' primary abilities just for fun
    I'd be happy with some unique animation. Like the toucan's flip.

It's usually two expansions until you can tame previous bosses.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Did you think about this for more than like, four seconds? The drawbacks should be terribly obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Did you think about this for more than like, four seconds? The drawbacks should be terribly obvious.
    I know, right? Any of Chi-Ji's or Xuen's abilities would be rediculously OP.
    Then consider Thok gaining Fixate->Chomp.

Honestly though, the only pet bosses I'd consider taming are Oondasta and Horridon. I'm not even excited in the least about Hydras, because they give mastery and not multistrike like a good hydra should.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    I promised myself I wouldn't get to excited about to prospect to taming Xuen... I promised!
    Confirmed for not happening, it'd "make the monk spell less unique"
    Retired hunter

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be cool to tame Tortos, or maybe Ji-kun. Maybe some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It's usually two expansions until you can tame previous bosses.
    Also:

what part of 'fun' do you not understand? people these days lol
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

The celestials... yeah let's tame god-like creatures!