Poll: Should Aspect of the Pack get Cut?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. It's a very useful ability when used properly.

I do feel that you should be able to right click it off, and even blacklist certain buffs so you cannot receive them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I REALLY hope they cut it. Most hunter's don't know how to use it, and it usually leads to me getting dazed while running flags in BGs

I don't think it should be cut, but I'd like to be able to turn it off of myself. The same goes for Path of Frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pack should be replaced with a passive that causes all friendly allies to run 30% faster when out of combat.

Cheetah, replaced with a similar passive, but instead "Causes the hunter to move 30% faster when he has recieved no direct damage for 5+ seconds", resetting whenever he gets hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Really? scratch pack, because of some people are too dumb to cope with a spell that's a hunter trademark since the game's release?
    And the too dumb part goes btw. both ways. It's not just hunters who don't know how to handle it correctly.
    When I play on my hunter, Pack has also some sort of a traffic light function ever since classic times..... Pack is up = RED LIGHT..
    Don't fucking pull. lol
    So yeah, I actually use it quite frequently to signal, we aren't ready yet. Tanks have matters to discuss, healers aren't ready, and what not.
    So when you see pack... It's not always that the hunter is a huntard. Sometimes it fits a purpose other than running faster.
    I have never heard of AotP being used in this manner, EVER. Not in any guild raid, PUG raid, or random group. Not once.

edit: Not from any hunter in the game or any forum until now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing they could do is change it so that it functions like a normal buff (meaning you can just click it off yourself rather than relying on the hunter being smart enough to do it for you). I wouldn't be getting rid of it. I practically cried when they got rid of auras on my paladin, even if they were mostly boring and useless. You bond with things like that when you've had them for a decade :P

Deleted
    Hunter who uses that in wrong places deserves all the abuse, yelling, name calling and finally a kick from the party. They'll learn sooner or later if their IQ is higher than 50..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Be removed on any person taking non-periodic damage
    No longer daze the players with the buff but instead daze or root the Hunter who can't fucking turn it off
    Make the Cheetah glyph baseline and back Pack into it.
    Oh, I have a better idea. Every time someone who has the effects of Aspect of the Pack on them gets hit, the hunter gets dazed and loses 5% of his/her life. If they die while doing this, their pet leaves them forever.

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    If we're intent on cutting keybinds it'd be one of the first I'd shove up against the wall.

I'd also like to see Flare gone. We have Find Hidden - if they want other classes to be able to see stealthers better, let them get their own boost.

Not a fan of having both Misdirect & Distracting Shot either. I prefer Distracting Shot - let the tanks do their own job & leave us something to save the healer with if chaos happens.

They could've taken a much more aggressive knife to all the utility keybinds on hunters, and instead they've taken a knife to our primary rotations.

Bad choice. Not Happy Jan ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2akt3P8ltLM )

PS. I think a large part of it also comes down to one's opinion on whether they should be cutting keybinds at all.

I suspect "No they shouldn't" will have an artificially large showing because it's the option for both those who think they shouldn't cut any keybinds + those who think they shouldn't cut that particular keybind.
    But why should we?

Bascially you want to remove every ability in the game, gg.

Deleted
    I never use it. Can't afford one more key for it, got plenty of keys on my hunter.

Deleted
    A possible alternative - whenever a party/raid member is struck while under the effect of aspect of the noo, i mean pack, the effect will be removed and the player won't be able to benefit from movement increasing effects for x amount of time (maybe 10 seconds?)

OR.

Aspect of the pack is now turned into an active ability with a 3 minute cooldown which works like stampeding roar - increasing everyone's speed by 30% for 6 seconds.

Don't cut it, but it did get me kicked from a guild once during the start of Nax.

"Damn it! Turn aspect of the pack off!"

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    Don't cut it, but it did get me kicked from a guild once during the start of Nax.

"Damn it! Turn aspect of the pack off!"
    Read the fucking chat?!

It only causes problems in random groups, so I don't see why decent players should lose an ability because some people don't bother to understand how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvia View Post
    gosh I hate it when I'm in a random pug and there's a very special huntard that keeps aspect of the pack up...
    and obviously, even with everyone in the grp yelling at him, the priest constantly life-gripping him away, he still doesn't take it off.
    >.<
    we need some solution for it.. not really just removing.
    I believe the solution to that problem is vote to kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    macroing /cancelaura aspect of the pack to your main attack would do the trick. Or the aforementioned glyph
    But only for the hunter, the rest of the group can't do anything about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NotInTheFace0 View Post
    I believe the solution to that problem is vote to kick.
    Player can't be kicked for 4 hours.

Votekick isn't a solution, as it is put on massive cooldowns for kicking afks and huntards.

Also, a player that is kicked too much becomes immune to votekicks, even from people that have never voted before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rupprecht View Post
    No. It's a very useful ability when used properly.

I do feel that you should be able to right click it off, and even blacklist certain buffs so you cannot receive them.
    its proberly only used correctly 5% of time time its just a nusance i never use it on my hunter if you want a raid wide speed increase get a druid ith stampeeding roar glyph

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    It only causes problems in random groups, so I don't see why decent players should lose an ability because some people don't bother to understand how it works.
    A quite useless ability.

Let hunters keep the aspect only affecting themself, remove the group buff and everybody should be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    A quite useless ability.
    Debatable. Anything that helps my raid group get back to the boss to start another attempt more quickly is welcome to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    A majority of spells can be very useful in the hands of a good player, the problem with a lot of spells and Aspect of the Pack falls into this category is that it can be harmful to the group in the wrong hands and when you are in a random BG or LFR or dungeon group all it takes is one person to use the spell out of anger/bitterness or to just troll people. Furthermore this spells in particular is very limited in its uses, I am sure some people can list a full page worth of situations it can be used but for every situation it can be used there are 5 it can't be used and as I said above it has the ability to be used just to screw with party/group members.

Most classes at this point have some form of personal movement speed increase or something, Aspect of the Pack while useful just isn't really needed anymore @_@ A rework of it would potentially be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    Debatable. Anything that helps my raid group get back to the boss to start another attempt more quickly is welcome to me.
    Essentially it is good for running back, that is grasping at straws for usefulness. I think people mean want it to be useful during arena, BGs, raid FIGHTS (not running back). I can help you out with an actual useful time to use the ability though It is good during challenge modes when the group uses invis pots, pack can help members who cannot use a speed increase and make that whole moment less painful.