Thread: Factorio

Deleted

Factorio (Sci-Fi Industrial Survival)

So i just bought this game: www.factorio.com it is a good game, first i didn't know what exactly it was but then i saw some gameplay vids.

I only played it for 40 minutes and i'm already loving it, it's kind of minecraft 2D industrial focus style game. It will have multiplayer in next versions so, if anyone plays it or want to team up in this awesome game of mining and building factories i will gladly play with someone. (since my friends don't really want this game).

Yeah there is combat, more pollution you make more you piss off angry natives to come to you and try to get rid of pollution making equipment.

This game have mod support and already have mods available. If you're industrial craft/buildcraft/factorization type of guy then you'll probably love this game like i do. This game is obviously not for everyone but procedurally generated big worlds are just fun to play in.
    Last edited by mmoc1f5e8fd9f1; 2014-07-31 at 07:02 AM.

Who made this game? That website looks very similar to Minecraft's. Oh also not saying anyone was ripped off when I made that comparison.

Edit: Watched video. Seems interesting. When you said Minecraft but 2d, I thought Terraria but no it's isometric view.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2014-07-31 at 06:27 AM.

Deleted
    It's made by Czech studio. Yea it's isometric and have some old school charm to it. I think that's their first game.

Here's some factorio in action:

Deleted
    It is a fun game and the idea behind it is good. It just feels like a 2d Minecraft with a Industry Mod.

Early one it is fun to get everything running smoothly and researching. But once you figure out a layout, you insantly "win". Then you just put down a few turrrets to keep the natives away and you go do something else because the game is now running by itself and really it only needs you to design it.
    After that it runs on its own and their is nothing for you to do except kill off the natives.

Deleted
    This game is about building automation and building creative factories. This game is not for everyone.