Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Nagrand feels copy pasted

The quests, the visuals...

Another nesingwary grind and ring of blood instead of something new for the new expansion.

Surely nagrand is still nagrand between the timelines but i really dont think they need to look almost identical and feature the same style of questing as the bc version.

This is the first zone i got really dissapointed with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I've played the beta (I wish), but Nagrand is my all-time favorite leveling zone, so I hope they don't change it too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another nesingwary grind

Wait.. how come nesingwary is even in Draenor? Am i the only one who thinks that makes no sense at all...

Ye, because it has nesingwary and RoB it must be copy pasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think your missing the point here. I've seen a few streams and yes it does look alike.
    But this is intended as such, they made it so that it resembles the future Nagrand, while not making it completly the same.
    This due to the fact that they intendedly wanted to make the connections with Outland + Nagrand was one of the area's that hadn't ravaged or contaminated by fel magic.
    So yeah you might find it quite resembles the Nagrand we know from Outland and tbh i wouldn't mind if they did this, actually I like the nostalgic feeling of being in a place I've been before but still I keep finding new things that make it distinctive. And rather then QQ how would youdo it any better?? How would you improve on the zone?? I dare you to try!

The stuff that's constructed in WoD Nagrand like the buildings, are those identical to what is constructed in the outland version?
    Last edited by Exeris; 2014-07-31 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Deleted
    Is Halla still there as a pvp area? So jokes "Oh look someone is bombing lets all camp the fp where he lands" Good times, it was like being stuck on a treadmill going into a furnace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Nagrand was always the Outland zone that was said to be the least effected by the planet's destruction so it would make sense that this old version would be pretty similar, at least in design.

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    Another nesingwary grind

Wait.. how come nesingwary is even in Draenor? Am i the only one who thinks that makes no sense at all...
    You think he is going to miss an opportunity to go to a new land and hunt new beasts? Also, it just wouldn't be a WoW expansion without a new Nestingwary quest series.

Deleted
    If you make your full way around Nagrand and expect the details that are shown infront of you all over the place very closely, then finally compare them to the old Nagrand, you will shockingly find they are surprisingly not the same. Yes, of course it's going to keep the same theme.. because it is the same place. Even if is similar are still a multitude of differences including the story, added, changed and updated looking zones and overall better textures, attention to detail and topping it all off with shiny new beast models. Hemet Nesingwary is also drunk, that alone completes the zone.

It should feel pretty identical to the outland one. I hate nesingwary quests though
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Another nesingwary grind

what was he doing in outland? What was he doing in northrend?

he's a world famous hunter..... how does it not make sense that he'd travel to find creatures he's never hunted before?

Also on the topic of the zobe looking the same surely that's because nagrand was the most intact undestroyed zone from outland? It would make sense for it to look similar (minus the floaty bit)

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Is Halla still there as a pvp area? So jokes "Oh look someone is bombing lets all camp the fp where he lands" Good times, it was like being stuck on a treadmill going into a furnace.
    An orc town, Lok'rath, is where Halaa should be. It was either destroyed and built over or was never built in the first place.

There's no Halla, and having done Nagrand on the beta, I disagree with it feeling copy pasted entirely. I don't care enough to go on a point by point basis, but just because the aesthetic is similar and there are callbacks to old Nagrand doesn't mean it's copy pasted. (far from it.)

15+ Year Old Account
    I went there yesterday and it's not even similar, except for the mood, which fortunately is.
    Anyone managed to take down the second boss (Fracktus or what) in ring of blood? It looks bugged, despawns shortly after splitting to smaller pieces.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard that from a guildie.. but then again, I love the idea. I LOVED Nagrand so much, even the kill over 60 of everythign I think it was in total plus their elites. It was amazing, dunno, I liked to actualyl kill stuff with my toons and try to beat my own time record.

Aso, world pvp in Nagrand was cool, such a huge place, you could see your foes 100 yards away and sneak up to them so easily ;o

The ring, I like that. Makes you play with other players and it's a mix of pve and pvp. Lovely.

Then the place itself, no words.

Now of course I have to see it by myself!

Deleted
    Another nesingwary grind

He came through the portal with us?

Just like he travelled to Stranglethorn?
    Just like he went through the dark portal to Outland?
    Just like how he took a boat to Northrend?

Nagrand doesn't fetaure same style of questing as TBC, there are couple quests same as in TBC Nagrand but that's minority every single zone in wow has quest that are same as the one in Nagrand. The quests in Nagrand are nothing like from TBC Nagrand, they have a very good story.

Nagrand barely looks the same as it does in TBC Nagrand, there are some similarities but mostly it's a whole new zone that looks amazing. Most of the landscape is changed, areas that you know from TBC Nagrand aren't there in current one. Many mountains gone, as matter a fact where you have Burning Legion camps in TBC Nagrand and the mountains there are none in WoD Nagrand but there you have massive island with Ogre empire Highmaul raid and I have to say the raid is gonna be massive open raid ( similair to Ulduar). Ring of Blood may be a copy but it's not placed in some earth pit, it's placed in Ogre empire nothing like TBC one.

Also the fact you have massive structures of ogre empire and Warsong Clan ( I must say Warsong towers/camps look amazing in Nagrand) which aren't in TBC Nagrand you can't say Nagrand is copy cat.

GC's confirmed that Nagrand will be the least changed region if you played beta which I'm not sure if you did, Nagrand doesn't look anything like the TBC Nagrand but not in a bad way, it's looks f****ing amazing and it still gives you feeling of old Nagrand. WoD Nagrand is realy beautifull region and every similarity it has with TBC Nagrand got improved by a ton.

I'm not sure if you played beta, reading your reason why you think is bad makes me think you don't have beta and if you do you haven't played/explored Nagrand and did all of the quests in there.

TLDR. Nagrand looks amazing, quest chains and new storys in are very engaging and have very interesting endings and plots. Ring of Blood looks completly different from TBC one, also the fact that is placed in one of the Ogre citys instead of earth pit changes alot. Nessingwary grind is shorter then TBC one but it has diff storyline.
    Landscape of Nagrand is massivly changed but still holds that epic feeling of a beatifull zone, zone it self is changed alot and similaritys it has with TBC Nagrand are still there, but they are changed graphicly and by surounding and new questline around it and mobs.
    Either way saying WoD Nagrand is uninteresting and copy cat of TBC Nagrand by only providing extremly low amount of facts to go in your favour ( the facts you provided about Nessingwary and Ring of Blood are mybe 5-10% at the best of the things you'll do in the zone) to hold up that statement proves you are either don't have beta or you do and you are ignoring other 90%+ of the things in the zone.
    I prob wasn't objective enough when writing this post, but either way I stand behind my statement Nagrand is a whole new region which still has that epic feeling of a epic zone.

Deleted
    Another nesingwary grind
    If we can get there...why wouldn't he be able to?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I went there yesterday and it's not even similar, except for the mood, which fortunately is.
    Anyone managed to take down the second boss (Fracktus or what) in ring of blood? It looks bugged, despawns shortly after splitting to smaller pieces.
    It is bugged each time he does that cast he just bugs out, I only tryed solo so not sure if his ability will work with multiple people in there.