Resto Shaman Help

I am currently at ilvl 561 and have the 4 piece set, meta and cloak. I will fully admit I am not a big numbers guy and I am looking for an effecient stat build that will allow me to raid and pull my own weight. Don't get me wrong I do just fine in normals but the more I read about stats the more confused I get so if you all could point me in the right direction that would be great. I have gemmed out of and reforged out of as much spirit as I can, just want to make sure I am putting it in the right places.

1. Haste? what% or number?
    2. Crit? what% or number?
    3. Mastery? what% or number?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evansp View Post
    I am currently at ilvl 561 and have the 4 piece set, meta and cloak. I will fully admit I am not a big numbers guy and I am looking for an effecient stat build that will allow me to raid and pull my own weight. Don't get me wrong I do just fine in normals but the more I read about stats the more confused I get so if you all could point me in the right direction that would be great. I have gemmed out of and reforged out of as much spirit as I can, just want to make sure I am putting it in the right places.

They are really simple and effective - there are other builds but the general stat play is

Haste - 9000 to 9100 (for Healing Stream Totem Extra Tick)
    Crit - as much as you can after the haste cap.
    Mastery - dont reforge to it just have what ever is left after you have reforged 9000 haste and the rest to crit.
    I would stick around 12-14k spirit as well unless you want to reforge each boss. Around that spirit should be ok for all the bosses. Of course some get away with less but its a good starting point until you see what you need and your raid members take in extra avoidable damage. The more crit you have then generally the less spirit you need.....

Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    They are really simple and effective - there are other builds but the general stat play is

Mastery - dont reforge to it just have what ever is left after you have reforged 9000 haste and the rest to crit.
    I would stick around 12-14k spirit as well unless you want to reforge each boss. Around that spirit should be ok for all the bosses. Of course some get away with less but its a good starting point until you see what you need and your raid members take in extra avoidable damage. The more crit you have then generally the less spirit you need.....
    Thanks, that is awesome. I am currently at about 13K spirit and I couldn't get rid of more if I tried and I am thinking I am about 68% mastery but I know I am not nearly that high in haste so I will take care of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I have a follow up question, would you gem to haste as well instead of gemming to crit till you hit 9k?

Yes.

Though it sounds odd that you can't get lower than 13k spirit at your ilvl. Even at 580 getting to 9k shouldn't be a problem in most cases. Have you checked AMR?

even without blackfuse trinket i would recommend 9k spirit i personally have 14044haste next breakpoint for another Healingstream tick it also makes Thok really easy

I am currently at about 13K spirit and I couldn't get rid of more
    Drop spirit gear

Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post

depending on your gear ilvl i would potentially shoot for 7400 haste if your gear isn't high enough. The HST haste point isn't static and suffers from lag problems.

4 set is terrible for resto and the mastery/spirit on 3 of 5 of the tier pieces is the worst possible stat combination, pickup crit/spirit or haste/spirit offset pieces (shoulders/legs/chest preferably) to replace the tier you're using and just stick to the 2 set; that should help you get the 9k haste and eliminate all that excess spirit.

have the 4 piece set, I will fully admit I am not a big numbers guy and I am looking for an effecient stat build that will allow me to raid and pull my own weight.

Drop 4 piece it is UTTER CRAP. Keep the Helm and Gloves if you have them as they are the least sub-optimal pieces.
    Haste is great up to the 50% cap at 15316 just ask the robot what breakpoint you can reach and hit it.
    Crit as much as you can
    Mastery as little as you can. I find that with the gear in SoO I always have too much mastery. However if you are solo healing it can be a HUGE boon.
    The final piece of the puzzle is Spirit. Which like crit varies based on shaman and raid team. If I am solo healing I tend to favor mastery over crit after haste breakpoints. If
    I am healing with another hard caster(shaman, disc, pally) I tend to favor quick healing/high crit.

Also the talents you select make a HUGE difference. I like Conductivity 4x as long healing rain means less mana spent on it and more uptime. This causes it to favor Haste for the extra tics (capped number of targets)over mastery or crit(no mana return on Healing rain and no need for extra mastery on targets that are likely already topped off) Rushing Tide gives more HPS overall if you remember to hit HST on CD every CD and values Crit over Mastery over Haste.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Resto shaman.
    Net+, A+, MCDST, Security+, CCNA, BASc