Poll: Glasses?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I've been wearing glasses/contacts for maybe 6 years now, since I was around 14. My parents used to pay for them, but that cost has come onto my now. Instead of spending $200+ on a single pair from the doctor's office, I got a pair online last year for around $10 and I LOVED them. I was hesitant at first, but they came fast and fit well and the power was accurate. I've just ordered three more pairs this year with my new prescription, and they should be coming soon. It was through eyebuydirect. Last year a pair came broken in the mail, and they replaced it with no charge.

Just a trick for anyone on a budget.

I wore glasses for 11 years, they were way to tight and i just couldnt bother getting them fixxed, i now have deep marks in my skull , but its slowly retracting to the way it was :P

I got Lasik surgery a year and a half ago, it was the best thing ive done in my life, not only do i have near perfect vision that may last the rest of my life (i will probably need reading glasses when i pass 55-60 according to the optician) but my self-esteem went trough the roof

And oh! the operation was 100% painless, your eyes get abit sore for a few days after, but they give you some awesome painkillers , so i just kept chugging them, and i was numbed the whole time, ive told all my friends that wear glasses to get it done, if they can afford it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Have tried contacts several times but I keep scratching my eyeball which then requires antibiotics so...
    I had a work accident once, and i had to take an atibiotic... It was a gel that i had to put (i asked someone to help me) on my eyes... Not very fun i have to say .

On-topic: I need glasses since i was 6 YO (i was on 1st grade when i started using them), back then i was diagnosed with Strabismus and Astigmatism, i finally had my strabismus problem corrected when i was 12, around 17 YO i was diagnosed with Miopia which hasn't stabilised yet . I'm almost 35, which means i'm using glasses nearly for 30 years :| .

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I've had glasses for soooooo long that I think I look hilarious without a pair now. No contacts or Lasik for me :P
    ^This. Had my glasses since I was about 6 (18 now), and my current glasses are with about -8 on eye, and -9 on the other, but im fairly certain my eyes are worse than that already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Yeah, those tests are really difficult, because like... You can sometimes figure out a line by like, the blur or whatever like you say, but I always try to like... not guess. I figure like, if I guess, and get it right, and he takes that as "she can read this line" then like... if that's something that they would otherwise make glasses for, I don't want to have to be guessing letters that size in real life, you know? So like, if I have to guess, I just flat out say "i can't read it"
    I always tell the doctor whether I SEE it or whether I KNOW what letter it is. I can read blurry shit so well so I want to make it clear whether I see it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Never had a pair of glasses in my life. Perfect eyesight... for now at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Laser surgery is not for people with more than common eyes issues.

I have a astigmatism, been through laser twice in 4 years, at a total cost of $6K that I am still paying off, and it always comes back, of course the Laser Eye Docs always have an excuse why it didn't last.

My regular eye doctor has told me to stop wasting money, as of now, severe eye issues can not be solved by laser surgery permanently. Listen to your eye doctor, not the Laser Surgeons, they promise the world and make excuses when it doesn't last.

No I got my father's eyes. 65yo and only wears glasses to read stuff. I have vast collection of sunglasses though if they count.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    My regular eye doctor has told me to stop wasting money, as of now, severe eye issues can not be solved by laser surgery permanently. Listen to your eye doctor, not the Laser Surgeons, they promise the world and make excuses when it doesn't last.
    At least here eye doctors usually work for opticians in their shops. They are just as biased as the surgeons, just to the other direction.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.