View Poll Results: Have you ever felt comfortable wearing contacts?

Voters
51. This poll is closed
  • Yes

20 39.22%
  • No, contacts have never felt right

17 33.33%
  • Can't say, never worn contacts (just want to vote)

14 27.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    dont see how people find contacts uncomforteble unless your wearing "hard contacts" wich in that case youre pretty retarded because thats just a stupid move

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Spent half an hour just trying to get them in, failed because they kept getting caught on my eyelashes (I have very long eyelashes). Too much trouble to bother with, much prefer the ease of glasses.
    You get used to it in time.I wore contacts for a year and a half.It took 20mins to get them in for the first time.Couple of weeks later it was taking seconds.Then i got laser surgery

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Spent half an hour just trying to get them in, failed because they kept getting caught on my eyelashes
    You're doing it wrong. Use your left hand to spread the eyelids up and down, then gently press the contact so it touches your eye. The eye is so dry the contact will stick instantly.

You'll learn it in a few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    My contacts are always comfortable. I find that the contacts you can wear for a month at a time are most comfortable whereas the ones you take in and out every day burn like the devil. I can have my contacts in my eyes for up to 3 months just because I forget they are in there.

You get used to it in time.I wore contacts for a year and a half.It took 20mins to get them in for the first time.Couple of weeks later it was taking seconds.Then i got laser surgery
    How is laser surgery? I've considered getting it but i've heard mixed stories.

I've never liked the idea of anything touching my eye. Will never wear them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Depending on where you get it, I'd be willing to bet 100% success rate.

With the new FemtoLasik (IntraLASIK) the whole procedure is fast, painless and completely computer controlled laser eye surgery.

Deleted
    I only need Glasses for driving. Tried Contacts a few times. Just to much of a hassle for just driving to Work or School. Rather just put on my glasses.

Also I cannot stand putting stuff near my Eye. That scene with the Eye Probe from Dead Space, keeps comming to mind, whenever I tried or see someone else put on Contacts.

Its been 3 or 4 years since the surgery.Ive had zero complications and my eyesight is perfect.Surgery took like 10mins.Surgery itself is painless but for a week after light irritates eyes so much i couldnt even use a smart phone let alone computer or tv.

I only have discomfort when there is a scratch on one and I just expect the irritation to go away, but it goes on for days and finally I pitch it and swap in a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    Really? I think glasses look sophisticated.
    They make you look like a dork. Period. Fits nice on girls imo but on guys you look too feminine and pretentious.

When I first had contacts I had the hard ones, they were pretty damn uncomfortable for about a month until I got used to them. My lenses for the last 10 or so years have been the large soft type and to be honest I hardly notice they are in at all

Maybe I'm a fringe case, but I wear from SofLens Toric contacts that are supposed to last two weeks for anywhere from 4-8 months. I put them in the morning, and then never think about them again until I take them out at night. Over the last ~10 years, they've never gotten dry, itchy or uncomfortable. I put them in the same contact lens case that I wash out with soapy water maybe once a month, keep them in cheap store brand lens solution that I change daily, and thats about it.

The lenses never wear out. Normally I wind up throwing them away because I'll get in bed forgetting I have them in, and say to myself "Had these in for like 5 months, might as well just replace them" and take them out and toss them into the waste bin next to the nightstand. I don't understand why the "two weeks" time frame is on a lens that I can wear with minimal cleanliness for 8 months with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    There's no way I can ever wear contacts. I hate having eyedrops put in my eyes, much less an artificial lens to be put in and out over and over. You can just imagine how I felt about cataract surgery...
    I was in the same boat. I spent an entire afternoon at the eye doctor trying to put in and take out lenses... Didn't get them that day though. Later on, I spoke to contact wearers and found tricks to putting them in and taking them out, like looking up - not at your fingers. Eventually I got them and it became as easy as putting pants on in the morning!

Regarding the comfortability of contacts, if they aren't comfortable it is generally 1 of 2 possible issues:
    1. The lens is not the right size/shape
    2. The type of lens is not good for you
    Both of these problems can be solved by explaining your discomfort to your doctor. Contacts these days are pretty diverse. Some are very light and "breathable" which makes them more comfortable for those with allergies. Some are disposable, some you can wear overnight.

Basically, if your eye doctor is a good doctor, he'll listen to your concerns and prescribe a lens that will fit your eye and be comfortable. But he/she can't do that without you talking to him/her.

- - - Updated - - -

After 20 years of glasses and contacts, I got laser surgery and have been happy with the results. The most important aspect to researching your laser surgery options is to not talk about price. You only get one set of eyes... don't cheap out on them. My friend and I both got surgery at about the same time. He went a cheaper route, I went with a more experienced (and a little costlier in the end) option... He's had nothing but problems since.

Another tip for putting lenses in is to put a drop of contact lens solution (the kind that is okay to put in your eyes) onto the surface of the lens before you put it in, and the solution will help pull the lens onto your eye off of your finger.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't use contacts. Tried for a month years ago, just couldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

You can smell your eyeballs burning, besides that I hear it ends up being amazing.

My mom and both sister wear contacts, my dad did from time to time before the Parkinson (he would poke himself in the eye way to much when he tried to put them in). Apart from when they wear them for a long day they don't have to much discomfort, my oldest sister had hard contacts because that's the only ones strong enough for her eyes. But personally I've never tried them, I only wear glasses for driving and watching tv at a distance.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I wear gas permeable hard lenses and I have never had discomfort with them that I have had with soft lenses. They take a while to get used to but after a few weeks it feels like wearing nothing at all. I mean I constantly forgot I was wearing them and would fall asleep with them in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Depending on where you get it, I'd be willing to bet 100% success rate.

With the new FemtoLasik (IntraLASIK) the whole procedure is fast, painless and completely computer controlled laser eye surgery.
    It's definitely not 100% I have been told I would still have to wear glasses or contacts as I have a nasty astigmatism.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    It's definitely not 100% I have been told I would still have to wear glasses or contacts as I have a nasty astigmatism.
    You should investigate PRK laser surgery, it can fix astigmatism.