Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahhaha. People still stream in 2014?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

Really? I think it is more apt to say "people still download in 2014?" Seriously streaming is doing nothing but getting bigger. Just look at these sites.

www.crunchyroll.com
    www.twitch.com
    www.youtube.com
    www.hulu.com
    www.netflix.com

And a few others I can't be bothered to remember atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have good taste my friend.

So? streaming anime is for [insert word here]. Fansubs or nothing.

Seriously, why would I want to stream shit quality video with a horrible fucking bandwidth, or pay for a "premium" service?

Fuck streams, yarrrrr!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    So? streaming anime is for [insert word here]. Fansubs or nothing.

Seriously, why would I want to stream shit quality video with a horrible fucking bandwidth, or pay for a "premium" service?

Fuck streams, yarrrrr!
    Arr matey!

I find watching anime on a website to be quite inconvenient since most of the time I just want to sit back and relax so I usually just, uhm.. take them from passing ships... ... yeah... which is IMO much more convenient since I can make a playlist that just plays the anime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    You have good taste my friend.
    She is the qtest of qts. And I see you haven't watched fate/kaleid. Please do so for the sake of everything. Funnily enough I gave night a 6 just because of the music with zero 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Really? I think it is more apt to say "people still download in 2014?" Seriously streaming is doing nothing but getting bigger. Just look at these sites.

www.crunchyroll.com
    www.twitch.com
    www.youtube.com
    www.hulu.com
    www.netflix.com

And a few others I can't be bothered to remember atm.
    Oh boy, I get to pay for what I can get for free with even more drawbacks!

Site breaks? Ads? Commercials? Internet not working? A choice with subs? Dual audio? Losing quality due to low bandwith?

Not to mention not every show even gets on there, either.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2014-08-01 at 07:22 AM.

It'll be interesting to see what ends up coming of this. A few things seem possible.

The most obvious option is that there's no way they can possibly take down all the sites, there are probably hundreds, so odds are that no matter how hard they try there will still be plenty of free streaming sites out there.

Another option is them offering a legal alternative, something like Funimation or Crunchyroll where it's like $5 a month and you have unlimited access to shows, but it would have to have a ton of shows to be worth it. Similar to the sites they're shutting down that have hundreds and hundreds of shows for free, they'd need to do the same thing but have HD shows and make it all legal, whereas Funimation only has their own shows and Crunchyroll is missing a lot as well.

And I guess the last option would be they succeed, don't make an alternative, and everyone resorts to just downloading whatever it is they want. This seems the least likely though, since my money is on the first option.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    If you are using any of these sites to stream anime, be prepared to see the sites blocked. Japan plans to crack down on allof them very soon.
    The Title should be "[Anime] Japan is tryin to take down illegal streaming sites." and not so missleading cause they will fail or does this small country have any SUPER power? ^^

10+ Year Old Account

Site breaks? Ads? Commercials? Internet not working? A choice with subs? Dual audio? Losing quality due to low bandwith?

If it makes you feel better being a scum bag that steals that is your choice. I would rather pay for something than steal it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They gona fail hard.
    The site says: We just provide links to the anime.

They cant sue you for that.

*Since our videos are hosted on 3rd party video sites, they are the streaming source not us.*
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should work on taking down Funimation for ruining dubs with horrible kids voices. Ocean dubs for dbz back in the days was the best it was more towards adults and then once captain ginyu vs goku kicked in i lost interest in anime ever since with the high pitched voices.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it makes you feel better being a scum bag that steals that is your choice. I would rather pay for something than steal it.
    Nice argument. Tell that to my 400 steam games and 0 pirated games. But hey, enjoy paying for something that is worse than every way while I get a choice in the matter.

Err your statement here is very confusing. "Can get for free"?

Really? You aren't getting it for free you're pirating it. Don't try to act like you aren't doing something illegal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Err your statement here is very confusing. "Can get for free"?

Really? You aren't getting it for free you're pirating it. Don't try to act like you aren't doing something illegal.
    Nobody is acting like anything. If I'm not paying for it it's free. Really as simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice argument. Tell that to my 400 steam games and 0 pirated games. But hey, enjoy paying for something that is worse than every way while I get a choice in the matter.

1080p is worse in what way?

15+ Year Old Account
    I already listed why downloading is better than streaming. Or did you just not read my post?

Chelly
    1080p of current airing shows are upscaled versions of 720p. So yeah it's worse in that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already listed why downloading is better than streaming. Or did you just not read my post?

Everything you listed is wrong. It only serves to show how ignorant you are of how streaming has improved over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    1080p of current airing shows are upscaled versions of 720p. So yeah it's worse in that way.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-press-release/2012/01/13-1/crunchyroll-launches-full-hd-1080p-video-streams

I'm sorry?

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything you listed is wrong. It only serves to show how ignorant you are of how streaming has improved over the years.
    E-excuse me? Are you telling me sometimes sites don't break or go down? That there are no ads or commercials? That you get a choice of what sub group you want to watch? You always get dual audio? That if your internet goes down you can still stream? That if you get hiccups the bitrate while you watch can go down? And by the way, I download uncensored 1080p bluray rips all the time. You don't have to make things up just to act high and mighty because you pay for it. I'd pay for it to if the pros out weighed the cons as I said with my 400 steam games.

It's not just the quality, it's also the ability to choose what subtitles you want, small things like opening/ending timers for easy skipping and of course, access to a ton of shows that are not available on crunchyroll.

If streaming gave me the same options as downloading did then i wouldn't mind supporting the industry that way, but as it is, it's just an inferior service.