Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Final Fantasy XIV 14 Day Free Trial!

www DOT ffxiv-freetrial DOT com/us/

TRY FINAL FANTASY XIV FOR FREE
    Start your 14-day free trial and join over 2 million adventurers worldwide who have already begun their journey throughout Eorzea.

Play for free up to level twenty and experience all the epic quests, battles, and classic FINAL FANTASY elements you know and love, like Moogles and Chocobos!

To participate in the Free Trial, you must fulfill the following requirements:

You must possess a SQUARE ENIX account.
    * You can create a SQUARE ENIX account during the client setup process or on the SQUARE ENIX Account Management page here.
    * You can also use a pre-existing SQUARE ENIX account, as long as that account does not have a license for the retail version or beta of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Your SQUARE ENIX account must not have a previous FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn license.
    * You must not have participated in the 14-day Free Trial before.
    * You must not have participated in the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test.
    * You must not have a full version license of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Free Trial restrictions are as follows:
    The Free Trial period lasts for 14 days.
    If a player decides to upgrade to the full version during the trial period, any remaining days on the Free Trial will not be carried over.
    Free Trial users cannot use paid optional services (hiring additional retainers, etc.)
    Free Trial users are unable to log in to the Lodestone and the official forums.

The following in-game restrictions apply during the Free Trial:
    (error messages may appear when attempting to use certain features)

[Character Creation Restriction]
    - Only one character can be created per World (server), on up to 8 Worlds.
    - Characters created during the Free Trial are guaranteed to be carried over to the full version within 90 days after the Free Trial end date, if the service account is upgraded to the full version.

[Level Cap]
    - Characters cannot exceed level 20 for all classes.

[Currency Cap]
    - Gil that can be acquired is capped.

[Chat Restrictions]
    - /shout, /yell, and /tell cannot be used.

[Market Board Restrictions]
    - The Market Board cannot be used.

[Trading Restrictions]
    - Trades cannot be made.

[Moogle Delivery Service Restrictions]
    - The Moogle Delivery Service cannot be used.

[Retainer Restrictions]
    - Retainers cannot be used or hired.

[Linkshell Restrictions]
    - Linkshells cannot be created, but Free Trial users can join already existing linkshells.

[Free Company Restrictions]
    - Free Trial users cannot join Free Companies.

[Party Restrictions]
    - Free Trial users cannot invite other players to their party.
    - Free Trial users cannot recruit party members via the Party Finder.
    + However, Free Trial users can be invited to parties and use the Duty Finder feature. (in-game matchmaking system)

Please note that all of these restrictions will be removed after upgrading to the full version.

www DOT ffxiv-freetrial DOT com/us/

- - - Updated - - -

Also with the free trial there is a new recruit-a-friend program out. If you are interested in trying the game out with some bonuses.
    na.finalfantasyxiv DOT com/lodestone/special/friend_recruit/

Awesome news for those who are wanting to try the game!! =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nfernix View Post
    [Party Restrictions]
    + However, Free Trial users can be invited to parties and use the Duty Finder feature. (in-game matchmaking system)
    Friend and I were excited to try but the above pretty much killed it for us.
    Played to level 5, he liked the game but not enough to sub.
    Personally I don't want to play a mute movie in 2014 anymore.

Cat lady characters are cute though....

10+ Year Old Account
    [Party Restrictions]
    But can be invited by others?

But can join one?

Then what caused so much problem? :/

Up to level 20 does not do the game justice, it will do more harm then good imo. Like it's so slow at lvl 20.... and you don't even get to see jobs.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Up to level 20 does not do the game justice, it will do more harm then good imo. Like it's so slow at lvl 20.... and you don't even get to see jobs.
    They don't get to play as jobs - They will see plenty of them in the 15-20 Dungeons. The game is still less than a year old and doing fairly well for itself. This is a great marketing ploy by Square-Enix to be honest...When you build your idea of success at 500,000 players and end up with 2 million you have the chance to do a lot to generate more revenue into your game.

FF11 was a nightmare to install and patch. Well fast forward 10+ yrs to today and nothing has changed, 3 failed attempts during the install thus far..

FF11 was a nightmare to install and patch. Well fast forward 10+ yrs to today and nothing has changed, 3 failed attempts during the install thus far..
    Before placing blame on the game and software, make sure you understand what is causing the issue. Many times, it's the users system causing an error, not the game. Anti-virus, firewall, internet port, and router settings can be the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Before placing blame on the game and software, make sure you understand what is causing the issue. Many times, it's the users system causing an error, not the game. Anti-virus, firewall, internet port, and router settings can be the cause.
    Actually, before I started the download I made sure it had permissions with the Firewall, had permission from the router in terms of UDP, TCP, Ports, and I had disabled my Antivirus. Not to mention we downloaded a game from steam and Leagues for him without a problem without doing any of that. So im going to go out on a limb and say it definitely was not a user related issue.

Deleted
    Well, it's not a common issue by any means if you take a glance at the forums/reddit :P

Define "failed attempts", what exactly happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Well, it's not a common issue by any means if you take a glance at the forums/reddit :P

Define "failed attempts", what exactly happened?
    Dunno, it would be downloading fine then around 2000mb it would hang on something it was downloading then I would get a FFXIV server error and have to restart.

My download and install went through without a hitch.

Yeah I can not explain it, maybe its FFXI still messing with me to this day lol.

Deleted
    I tried free trial the day it came out, was reluctant to play FFXIV at start due to BUY + SUB model.
    Then trial came out, tried it, loved it, and today bought it.
    It really sucks I have to install again and patch it all over from steam this time.
    I can honestly say I think this game has more potential and I'll play it for many months, at least.
    It's like the exact opposite of Elder Scrolls Online.
    ESO tried to make one of greatest single player rpgs into an mmorpg, but it lacks the feel of the single players.
    In FFXIV, as someone who has played older FF games (FFIV, FFIX, FFXIII most recently) I can say they made the game great, it still has the FF feel, especially in music and environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    In FFXIV, as someone who has played older FF games (FFIV, FFIX, FFXIII most recently) I can say they made the game great, it still has the FF feel, especially in music and environment.
    Yeah, there's a lot of references and nods to previous Final Fantasy games and that isn't likely to change in the future. Then there's the original stuff which is of a very high quality too! Personally I'm really excited for the launch of the Gold Saucer as it seems like it'll be a very in-depth and intriguing place to visit.

Actually, before I started the download I made sure it had permissions with the Firewall, had permission from the router in terms of UDP, TCP, Ports, and I had disabled my Antivirus. Not to mention we downloaded a game from steam and Leagues for him without a problem without doing any of that. So im going to go out on a limb and say it definitely was not a user related issue.
    Sorry to hear that, any luck since then?

Are you downloading from Steam? If so, try downloading the cloient from Mogstation and using that to download the game and patches etc...

Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Downloading client now. Gonna see how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Sorry to hear that, any luck since then?

Are you downloading from Steam? If so, try downloading the cloient from Mogstation and using that to download the game and patches etc...

Good luck.
    Yeah we finally got it installed a few days back. Downloading isnt to bad when your running 24kbps. Plus what was downloaded wasnt gone, so only downside was we would have to check up on it. I actually downloaded it from the official site, maybe I should have ran it with steam now that I think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a quick question:

I'm getting close to the end of my free trial and I absolutely adore the game, I plan on purchasing the game and activating a full account in a few days. My question is, does it matter if I purchase the game from Steam or Amazon or do I have to purchase it through the Square Enix site and Mog Station? I want to ensure I get to keep the character I've already leveled.

Quote Originally Posted by ForPandaria View Post
    I have a quick question:

I'm getting close to the end of my free trial and I absolutely adore the game, I plan on purchasing the game and activating a full account in a few days. My question is, does it matter if I purchase the game from Steam or Amazon or do I have to purchase it through the Square Enix site and Mog Station? I want to ensure I get to keep the character I've already leveled.
    I'd assume your character is tied to the account your playing not where you would buy the key from. So you should be able to buy it from wherever.