10+ Year Old Account

10 Pieces of Scrapped Content from WoW, add yours!!!!!

P.S. This is not my list! Just reposting cause I think its interesting. Add yours!

10+ Year Old Account
    Salems Chest comes to mind - although thy kind of wrapped it up in the Southshore Caverns of Time, its still felt a little bit much like a cop out.

Tor'Watha, removed in Catalysm, it was an instanced zones in Eversong Forest, not sure if it was going to be a raid, but now its been removed it was obviously not meant to be!
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Vashjr raid we were supposed to get in 4.2 that would've laid Nepulton's arc to rest. I. HATE. CLIFFHANGERS!!!

Deleted
    The beginning of the alliance Twilight Highlands quest, and the High King quest line.

All argument bating aside, I think my favorite bit of cut content, which admittedly I don't know if it is legit having only seen it on the forum, is actually Pandaren. Back in Burning Crusade, the planned races were Blood Elves, right from the start, as alliance, and for the Horde, Pandaren. However this changed pretty last minute when they decided to add Blood Elves to the Horde, as a way to try and boost the number of Horde Players, to the point where the alliance race wasn't announced until about seven months after Burning Crusade was. I like to think this is also why Draenei weren't implemented all that great, compared to the Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    The Vashjr raid we were supposed to get in 4.2 that would've laid Nepulton's arc to rest. I. HATE. CLIFFHANGERS!!!
    I don't know why they didn't just change the end of Throne of the Tides. Neptulon being sucked up by Ozumat happened at the last second - I played the dungeon like five times and didn't even notice. They could've just made it so Ozumat leaves and Neptulon has a dialogue box saying "Well done heroes! The tides are safe!".

Much worse is the Magatha Grimtotem and Koltira/Thassarian dangling plot threads IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't know why they didn't just change the end of Throne of the Tides. Neptulon being sucked up by Ozumat happened at the last second - I played the dungeon like five times and didn't even notice. They could've just made it so Ozumat leaves and Neptulon has a dialogue box saying "Well done heroes! The tides are safe!".

Much worse is the Magatha Grimtotem and Koltira/Thassarian dangling plot threads IMO.
    Considering that Neptulon is meant to be "The most powerful and evil of the elemental lords" we might be best off with him taken away from Ozumat, but yeah, I agree that it needs closure.

Neptulon is out there under the control of Azshara, with Ozumat sitting on his head. That's one hell boss in the Azshara expansion if you ask me.

Emerald Dream has to be my favorite bit of scrapped work, its still in the game files to this day, an entire world of giant flowers, verdant fields, valleys and floating fountain-trees.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't watch the video - does it mention Path of the Titans? I always thought that sounded interesting, if they could've found a way to implement it in a more for-fun way - like how some minor glyphs just do things to alter your appearance or the appearance of a spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. I like cool stuff like this. Wouldn't mind a new 5 man dungeon in place of Gnomer that had the Vash Motif. I was hoping the new BFD would look more like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

Not a raid.

Deleted
    Dance Studio!

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Planned DKs on vanilla release

Glaives as weapons.

Spears as weapons.

Torches as light sources in dark areas, caves or at night.

Azshara Crater.

Inner Rage for warriors. (the old beta one)

Hunter focus at release.

Paladins with a strike and seal system from alpha and beta.

Old Outland.

And many more... I miss the things that never made the live game in 2004, though. I've researched quite a bit on these unreleased features.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.