Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Being impatient makes this game hard and only that. Not buying cards with money makes it hard for you at higher ranks but there's plenty of fun possible with basic decks when you're starting out. 100g per day is very possible you just have to turn off the "fuck this pointless pay2win game" switch in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrorEyes View Post
    Saying that „You can very easily get 100 gold a day. ” is a lie, or, if you prefer, a disinformation. A thing that is not surprising on this forum.
    I never said it was very easy...I said it was doable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I never said it was very easy...I said it was doable.
    Well, it is easy for an experienced player and only takes some time for a newbie.

It's not that the game is P2W per say but there are a disgustingly high number of individuals who farm rank 20-15 for easy gold and have all of the best cards in the game. This makes it feel like the game is P2W but you can easily get to rank 10 or so with the vanilla cards just by doing good trades and recognizing the deck you are up against. The ranked system is just flawed in that design aspect and newer players feel like legendary cards completely win the game. Most of those cards, however, aren't the end all be all and can be countered quite easily. Later on it's obvious that some of the cheaper decks on dust are some of the more overpowered annoying bullshit decks to be on the ladder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    a disgustingly high number of individuals who farm rank 20-15 for easy gold and have all of the best cards in the game.
    Nine out of ten cases it's not that the person is "farming gold at low ranks". It's that they're bad players who can't climb any higher, and no amount of cards can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Nine out of ten cases it's not that the person is "farming gold at low ranks". It's that they're bad players who can't climb any higher, and no amount of cards can help.
    I don't know about that. Maybe it's 50/50. I can't imagine that people are so fucking bad that they can't get through the gauntlet of bullshit at ranks 20-15.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    I don't know about that. Maybe it's 50/50. I can't imagine that people are so fucking bad that they can't get through the gauntlet of bullshit at ranks 20-15.
    As a person who has spent the last 2 seasons farming gold heroes at rank 10-20 (since it is much more annoying to farm said heroes while at Legend) and being the scum of hearthstone I can confidently say you are 110% wrong. If I were to play 20 games a day at rank 15-20 I usually end up going up against at least 90% new players, possibly more. Unless these "high ranked" players are intentionally using Bloodsail Corsair and Bloodfen Raptor. I think that in the last 50 or so games around that rank I have seen a single other person that showed a legend card back and only 2 golden heroes (mage was one, I forget the other).

I farm rank 10-20 because it is much faster than playing a 30 round Control Priest vs Control Warrior game at Legend which takes up 45+ minutes. At the same time I also consistently tank my rating from 10-20 which gives a bunch of people free wins so take that as you will.

Basing golden heroes on wins in ranked wasn't too well thought idea tbh. Just extending level cap would work better. And some classes are just painful with no fast decks to rank up, I don't think I ever seen golden Priest, myself or on stream. Games just take so long with them, unless you roll Murlock Priest (that... used to be a thing in past I believe?).

Still, if you're new and haven't watched many streams you will struggle at start, that is true for every multiplayer game ever. The faster you get hang of things the faster you will be able to gain value in arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Basing golden heroes on wins in ranked wasn't too well thought idea tbh. Just extending level cap would work better. And some classes are just painful with no fast decks to rank up, I don't think I ever seen golden Priest, myself or on stream. Games just take so long with them, unless you roll Murlock Priest (that... used to be a thing in past I believe?).
    I think Amaz has a golden priest, but I'm not too sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I think Amaz has a golden priest, but I'm not too sure.
    He does, and so does Noxious. Along with a full gold deck, both of them. I'm sure pleeeeenty more have it.

Deleted
    Never paid anything to this game. Have lots of legendarys and do fine in the ranked as well as arena.
    U can pay to get advantage but not pay to win, as the cards dont win the games for you alone. So sure you can help yourself if u want with real money.
    The thing that amuses me the most is that what did ppl really expect this game to be? A free online card game that gets updates and makes no money for blizzard? Those who thought that dont really know anything about bussiness

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Sigh.....Mirror, you've undermined yourself to the point of being a novelty. You're like a dancing monkey that people throw coins at so they can laugh. It's a bit sad since anyone who shares you're point of view is going to be lumped in with you and dismissed as a clown.

For anyone out there that thinks its hard to get 100G a day, just stick with it. It actually can be difficult when you first start playing, but it gets much easier. Once you can start getting a pack a day (or do Arena often if you prefer), you'll be able to accumulate enough dust/cards to make whatever deck suits you.
    Typically for a biased internet forum guy is to use derogatory remarks instead of arguments. The fact is that 100 gold per day takes more than 6 hours. Maybe 10. 30 won games per day means minimum 30 played games per day. That is 300 minutes. 5 hours. But, in my experience, it takes not 1, not 2 but up to 6-7 lost games for one won game. Yes, for a „beginner”, I assume that 90% of the player base is made of „beginners”. Actually, everyone is a beginner when he/she begins to play, so talking from a point of view of a pro, and pretending that a professional player's point of view is the canon... that is just arrogance. Typical for a gamer's forum. The only clowns here are those pretending it is not pay-to win. And yes, I liked this game at the beginning. I do not anymore. It takes forever to get one decent card. It takes more than forever to get a decent deck. Decent, not awesome. And this is not pay-to win. Sure. I understand this view coming from a publisher. I would pretend this too, if I were one. But I do not understand it coming from a player. Unless he is biased to the point he starts to really believe that his rationalizations are the truth.
    Last edited by mmoc0d4ef834e0; 2014-09-24 at 06:34 AM.

Typically for a biased internet forum guy is to use derogatory remarks instead of arguments. The fact is that 100 gold per day takes more than 6 hours. Maybe 10. 30 won games per day means minimum 30 played games per day. That is 300 minutes. 5 hours. But, in my experience, it takes not 1, not 2 but up to 6-7 lost games for one won game. Yes, for a „beginneer”, I assume that 90% of the player base is made from „beginners”. Actually, everyone is a beginner when it begins to play, so talking from a point of view of a pro, and pretending that a professional player's point of view is the canon... that is just arrogance. Typical for a gamer's forum. The only clowns here are those pretending it is not pay-to win. And yes, I liked this game at the beginning. I do not anymore. It takes forever to get one decent card. It takes more than forever to get a decent deck. Decent, not awesome. And this is not pay-to win. Sure. I understand this view coming from a publisher. I would pretend this too, if I were one. But I do not understand it coming from a player. Unless he is biased to the point he starts to really believe that his rationalizations are the truth.
    The fact is that you can get 100 gold per day just off wins (not including quests), that is all. Nowhere in any post did anyone say it was quick or easy...we said it was DOABLE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    The fact is that you can get 100 gold per day just off wins (not including quests), that is all. Nowhere in any post did anyone say it was quick or easy...we said it was DOABLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But he's right. You can very easily get 100 gold a day.
    Also crossing the English Channel in 15 minutes is doable. In certain conditions, by certain swimmers.

Deleted
    Yes, I liked this game at the beginning. I do not anymore. It takes forever to get one decent card. It takes more than forever to get a decent deck ...
    Well, at least we have finally found out what all this flaming is about; you started playing, lost a bunch of games, got upset, and now you're here displaying your malcontent for a game that you don't even play anymore. Congratulation, this is you in a nutshell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Well, at least we have finally found out what all this flaming is about; you started playing, lost a bunch of games, got upset, and now you're here displaying your malcontent for a game that you don't even play anymore. Congratulation, this is you in a nutshell.
    I might add that rejecting all criticism using the clichés of ”flaming” „noob” , etc., says a lot about the majority of this forum.

Deleted
    I might add that rejecting all criticism using the clichés of ”flaming” „noob” , etc., says a lot about the majority of this forum.
    Add whatever you want, it doesn't provide you any form of credibility at this point. You burned that bridge a long time ago. The only thing that has changed is that now we have confirmation for what most of us already suspected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Add whatever you want, it doesn't provide you any form of credibility at this point. You burned that bridge a long time ago. The only thing that has changed is that now we have confirmation for what most of us already suspected.
    The only way someone might be credible for a fanboy is to be himself a fanboy. It is a caste. One that I am not keen to enter.

Deleted
    The only way someone might be credible for a fanboy is to be himself a fanboy. It is a caste. One that I am not keen to enter.
    Your insults seem to be losing their teeth. Running out of steam?

Typically for a biased internet forum guy is to use derogatory remarks instead of arguments. The fact is that 100 gold per day takes more than 6 hours. Maybe 10. 30 won games per day means minimum 30 played games per day. That is 300 minutes. 5 hours. But, in my experience, it takes not 1, not 2 but up to 6-7 lost games for one won game.
    (a) You're not counting dailies.
    (b) Play Arena foo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.