Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    Hearthstone is very much so pay to win that is true.I have been playing since alpha and i have not paid for a single pack and i play regularly ever since then i have a decent druid rush deck and hunter control deck.i have some rare and epics in there mostly from disenchanting everything i get from packs from gold just to get those 2 decks yet still not one good legendary card yet.i have made it to rank 10 a couple times recently but once i get there or try to get past that there comes the leeroys and the ragnaros and all the other cards that are hard to get.I still love the game but it is annoying that after all this time i have not seen a good legendary card from packs yet.
    Please, let me call bullshit on this one before anyone else.

You've been playing since alpha, so you've been playing for at least one year (since alpha ended middle of august last year) and two weeks. In 380 days, assuming an average of 60 gold per day (daily + wins, since some dailies are 40, some 60, there's a 100 one even), you got enough gold to open 228 packs. The odds of not finding one legendary in 228 packs are about 0,0008336%. Without even assuming crafting.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In fairness, he said "not one GOOD legendary".

It's pretty easy to get a bunch of total shit ones. Of course, you can disenchant them and craft a good legendary, but that's not what he was talking about.
    compare this with say... M:tG, or any other TCG irl.

1000 trash commons do NOT trade into one great rare (epic/legendary...)

this and the fact that you can only use 1 or 2 tops of any given card are a great equalizer between paid and free players.

granted, I find it near impossible to make a viable deck on some classes without the key rares and epics, but there's plenty of classes & decks that are competitive with a reasonable amount of dust/cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend never spent a dime, and might be going to Blizzcon to compete... So no, it isn't
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Not sure if I've already posted in this thread, they all look like the same regurgitated mess.

Right, so Heathstone is where Heath chocolate comes from then, eh? Interesting theory.

Joke aside, Hearthstone is not pay to win, but you will be completely crushed if you don't luck out with your rush cards or if you play a standard midrange/control deck without decent rares/legendaries.

Not a Mage or Shaman, good luck dealing with Ragnaros if your board was just cleared or Rag just sniped your big minion. Still, it's been proven with several decks with nothing more than rares/commons making it to Legend. (Sounds like a long grind to me barring some crazy luck some people are known to have.)
    Stay salty my friends.

Depends on the deck your playing but you can use a Deathrattle Zoo deck and fly to legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post

You've been playing since alpha, so you've been playing for at least one year (since alpha ended middle of august last year) and two weeks. In 380 days, assuming an average of 60 gold per day (daily + wins, since some dailies are 40, some 60, there's a 100 one even), you got enough gold to open 228 packs. The odds of not finding one legendary in 228 packs are about 0,0008336%. Without even assuming crafting.
    Learn to read i said and i quote "i have not seen a good legendary card from packs yet."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    I got a piece of heroic gear off the black market AH therefore WoW is also pay to win, right?
    You payed real money?No you used in game currency.

It is pay to win, but that's fine that makes blizzard some money so they don't really care, hearthstone is probably also one os the most unbalanced card games in the entire universe, i would probably go at that more than the pay to win.

Nah not really, By the way it is entirely possible to make it to legend with a completely basic deck which further reinforce my statement that Hearthstone is not pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Nah not really, By the way it is entirely possible to make it to legend with a completely basic deck which further reinforce my statement that Hearthstone is not pay to win.
    No see they stick in a crap ton of rare cards that take alot of dust to make and then try to call it a basic deck.I have yet to see a plain standard not having to work at it deck make it that far.Yes not having epic or legendary cards is something to get that far but to blatantly lie and say basic deck is cheap.
    Stop hiding behind the fact that it is clearly pay to win and at the most it is a huge advantage to pay and get all the cards you want.

No see they stick in a crap ton of rare cards that take alot of dust to make and then try to call it a basic deck.I have yet to see a plain standard not having to work at it deck make it that far.Yes not having epic or legendary cards is something to get that far but to blatantly lie and say basic deck is cheap.
    Stop hiding behind the fact that it is clearly pay to win and at the most it is a huge advantage to pay and get all the cards you want.
    Still not pay to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    I got a piece of heroic gear off the black market AH therefore WoW is also pay to win, right?
    because you can totally buy gold with money in wow amirite? no you cant.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Learn to read i said and i quote "i have not seen a good legendary card from packs yet."

- - - Updated - - -

You payed real money?No you used in game currency.
    And in all that time you've never bothered crafting the cards you NEED?

You've been playing longer than I have. A LOT longer. Apart from an early TBK, every single one of the legendaries I use has been crafted.

If you hoard shit cards, or craft goldens, or try and craft everything for every deck, and you do that for a YEAR and still haven't bothered using the crafting system to put together a winning deck, then the problem is not with the game. It's with you.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Currently playing a hunter deck (very cheap), with absolutely no legendaries or epics, almost hit legend last season (only reason I didn't was time constraints due to having no net for most of the month), will hit it this season -- requires some of the nax cards, the wings of which can be bought with gold, so... yeh.. really not pay to win.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Source)
    Paladin chat and whispers now appear with sparkles.
    We have officially changed the name of the "rogue" class to “rouge.”
    All dungeon & raid bosses now have legs. If they already had legs, they got more legs.

Deleted
    Like many here I have never paid real money for any card packs, I was using a mage deck I built from scratch which did ok. I would win maybe 2/3 games, then I switched to a warlock deck which is somewhere between a control/rush deck, now I'm flying through the ranks and laughing. I have only 2 legendaries both from packs. I don't think it is pay to win at all. Sure it speeds thing up, but you have just got to be creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Selestarius View Post
    Currently playing a hunter deck (very cheap), with absolutely no legendaries or epics, almost hit legend last season (only reason I didn't was time constraints due to having no net for most of the month), will hit it this season -- requires some of the nax cards, the wings of which can be bought with gold, so... yeh.. really not pay to win.
    Good thing about hunter decks is that they are very cheap and effective. I'm currently using this one:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/81362...to-naxx-hunter

I've never had to spend a penny nor even craft a card to make this deck.

Sorry to bust it for you, but the crafting system is an integral part of the game, so it must be taken into account. To give you a quick rundown of how much impact it has, it would take ~2370 packs to get a complete collection (two of each card, except for 1 of each legendary) without crafting available and everything as is, but the crafting system lowers that number down to about 500. Yes, almost five times lower.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    And in all that time you've never bothered crafting the cards you NEED?

You've been playing longer than I have. A LOT longer. Apart from an early TBK, every single one of the legendaries I use has been crafted.

If you hoard shit cards, or craft goldens, or try and craft everything for every deck, and you do that for a YEAR and still haven't bothered using the crafting system to put together a winning deck, then the problem is not with the game. It's with you.
    While I do not agree with that hornfreak guy at all, I think you are all forgetting there was a reset in beta? He had nowhere near a year of playtime to get his cards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    While I do not agree with that hornfreak guy at all, I think you are all forgetting there was a reset in beta? He had nowhere near a year of playtime to get his cards.
    I joined beta well after the last reset

The point still stands.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And if he had bought packs back then, he'd have gotten packs after the reset, meaning he'd still have had the same amount of packs.

This game is P2W, a little bit. I just accepted the fact that you will have to spend some money.