View Poll Results: Which Class is better at Soloing Old Content?

Voters
84. This poll is closed
  • Monk

7 8.33%
  • Paladin

7 8.33%
  • Hunter

11 13.10%
  • Death Knight

59 70.24%
    10+ Year Old Account

Soloing Old Content Poll

I am looking at re-subbing to WOW, but one of my favorite things is doing old content (the other being pvp).
    so I am looking which class is the best at soloing old content. Also please give your reasoning in a post.
    So is one class more fun to solo with than others, or is one class less gear dependent than others, or does
    one class just rock more than others.
    Please let me know.

I can't say what's 'best', but I will say playing something that is reliant on a pet is bad. Bosses like Kael'Thas or the Raptor boss in ZG have mechanics that will kill you/reset the boss if you have a pet out. I haven't had much trouble with my Ret Pally doing stuff, but I am not pushing 'progression' in old instances. I just do the stuff I can do and go on my way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my current goal would be to do Old Content up to Dragon Soul.
    I love the story of the old instances and raids. I am a Lore nerd.

Deleted
    Currently a DK is your best bet.

However come WoD it really won't matter. The scaling will put everyone on the same level practically.

Druid guardian,

I would say Death Knight on all but a few fights simply because of some bosses with mind control or other similar abilities because blood worms will get you MC'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Currently a DK is your best bet.

However come WoD it really won't matter. The scaling will put everyone on the same level practically.
    Class will still matter for soloing MoP bosses. MoP content will not be scaled, only Cata and earlier. DKs can currently solo MoP mount bosses such as Elegon and Ji-Kun, where as a mage won't be able to even in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK is pretty much top all out. Even going into WoD, nothing will beat the DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could someone link the post where they said they are equalizing all the old content for solo from Cata on down ?
    I know they said things weren't changing solo-ability with the item squish but I didn't know they were making old content easier.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I've heard is that everything would be scaled as it is now, but I don't really keep up with all news. Evening it all out sounds like something people would make up/misinterpret though.

For soloing, tank classes are almost always going to be superior. Hunters can be good for certain things, but as others have pointed out, pets can sometimes be problematic. I'd just choose your favorite tank... but probably not a monk. DKs and Warriors are solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I would say Death Knight on all but a few fights simply because of some bosses with mind control or other similar abilities because blood worms will get you MC'd.
    No Blood worms in WOD though...

Deleted
    Go Blood DK and watch as you make all of the instance mobs your bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't no blood worms mean that DKs can't beat Dreamwalker ? thus can't solo ICC ? Monk and Pally can at least solo all of ICC in WOD

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    Doesn't no blood worms mean that DKs can't beat Dreamwalker ? thus can't solo ICC ? Monk and Pally can at least solo all of ICC in WOD
    Blizzard said somewhere that Dreamwalker will be a skippable boss, though of course that won't help if you want items from her.

Edit: Oh and yeah DKs are by far the strongest soloing class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    I skip Dreamwalker on my DK anyway, Engineering ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

Monks are the absolute best soloers atm. DKs aren't even close to them (DKs didn't solo Horridon, managed to do Elegon later than Monks etc etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Monks are the absolute best soloers atm. DKs aren't even close to them (DKs didn't solo Horridon, managed to do Elegon later than Monks etc etc).
    Tchhhhh, don't let out our secret.