Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you think it will create bad blood if I leave my current guild for another

So that I can continue to progress in the meantime while everyone else is inactive but I will rejoin them to progress in WoD? The progressions group stopped awhile ago and now there's literally nothing to do so I found another guild who is a little behind (one boss) but it would mean I would get to progress again. I'm afraid if I leave they may not like it and perhaps replace me even though I'm already part of the team for WoD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. I left my last progression guild when the wait til WoD started. I sent an in game mail to the GM explaining the situation and that I fully intended to return once WoD began. Got the okay from him and now I'm in another guild that still actively raids. Just make sure your intentions are clear when you tell them what's up.
    Same shit, different day.
    Better busy than dead.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose it depends on how personally your guild takes things. I was once a MT for a guild along with a childhood friend of mine. We all became pretty tight and some of them were friends on FB and other mediums. Our guild leader would call and bullshit sometimes and a couple of the guys even flew out to hang out.

Anyway, my RL buddy and I decided to make our own guild for fun on our ALTS. We let everyone know in advance and dropped our 2 alts from the guild along with 2 other member's alts to form our little group. It was called Hells Angels and the idea is that we would ride around on our mechanohogs and gank people. You had to be a rogue, warrior, or hunter (gun wielding) to join. That's how fucking silly this little guild was and obviously had no future.

0ur Guild leader who I'll keep anonymous lost his mind and kicked all of our toons from the guild citing some sort of nonsensical reasoning regarding our forming of a new guild. He swore we were trying to steal all of his members, etc. etc. I calmly reassured him that it was nothing of the sort, but he just got aggressive toward me, lol. It was really weird and he eventually quit or something. Haven't heard from him since.

Just ask yourself how important staying in your guild is to you and how tight knit your crew is I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just talk to them? "Hiya guys. I really like progressing, so I was thinking of joining this guild that is still doing so, then coming back here for WoD. Cool? Cool."
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Yeah, asking them how they feel. What a crazy idea!

I explain things to the guild master before leaving.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

This is a conversation you need to have with the officer core of your guild, not so much the forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really of the opinion that you should do what you need to do for you. Not saying don't be considerate, but I don't think asses need to be kissed and reassured. Some people won't like it, some will won't be bothered. Can't really control that, so just do what you need to do, imo.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Transmigration View Post
    0ur Guild leader who I'll keep anonymous lost his mind and kicked all of our toons from the guild citing some sort of nonsensical reasoning regarding our forming of a new guild. He swore we were trying to steal all of his members, etc. etc. I calmly reassured him that it was nothing of the sort, but he just got aggressive toward me, lol. It was really weird and he eventually quit or something. Haven't heard from him since.
    "calmly reassured" including the same phrases here like "lost his mind" and "nonsensical reasoning". If half the guild suddenly disappeared under a new banner, and 'told everyone' behind the guildleader's back, I'd probably be looking to replace a few people too.

to be fair though, if you're only looking to continue progressing with another raid group, and your guild has stopped raiding for this expac, you don't need to change guilds at this point... you can simply find a regular spot in someone else's raid. (telling the appropriate guildies first, of course)

from a raidleader/guildleader perspective, i'd be a little dubious about people that 'fully intend to come back in a couple months' ...... (so long as things don't work out better in this new guild in the meantime)... Should you really be counting on this person to suddenly come back into the fold after being absent for a good chunk of time ? or should you mark them down as 'tentative' in the roster, and recruit to fill the spot ?

Ask the guild you wanna progress with and see if beign in their guild really matters. if it does then talk to your GM. they can be a total twat or totally cool about it. it's the end of an expansion i don't see why they would care as long as you tell them what's up. you wanna progress where they quit/ took a break.

If you tell them your plan, they will probably agree and be cool, but will also by very skeptical of you actually returning. They might even plan that you won't. If you come back, though, you will be a hero.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    "calmly reassured" including the same phrases here like "lost his mind" and "nonsensical reasoning". If half the guild suddenly disappeared under a new banner, and 'told everyone' behind the guildleader's back, I'd probably be looking to replace a few people too.
    Because making a fun guild for alts of a few members is the same as backstabbing a GM and stealing away actual members.

What are you? fucking retarded?

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2014-08-01 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't create problems. Unless they are such a type.

They did stop their own progression, doesn't mean you cannot persue yours. You're allowed to play as you wish, if they halt with something, then they should be able to accept if people wish to continue.

Shouldn't be no problem as long as you don't do a snatch and run. (Take items from guild bank before leaving)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Because making a fun guild for alts of a few members is the same as backstabbing a GM and stealing away actual members.

What are you? fucking retarded?
    I think he is.

Infracted for flaming
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2014-08-01 at 02:48 PM.

There should be no problem as long as you state your reasons and you have a cool group of people. I suspect most people wouldn't mind as they are inactive anyway.

If you leave your current guild to continue progression then I assume you have not cleared all of SoO on heroic? Tho there is nothing wrong with leaving your current inactive guild for one that is active, you may have to take into account that you may enjoy this new guild more then the old one. For one, your old guild (assuming you have not cleared heroic content) stopped raiding for whatever reason. This new guild has not even after almost a year of this content. Personally even tho the content is old, the fact that this new guild is still trying to clear this late would make me think twice about going back. I only say this cause it seems like your progression minded, and people like that in my experience do what it takes to achieve there end game goals in this game.

Umm, I wouldn't worry about bad blood in your current guild - I would worry about bad blood from the guild you're basically using like a hooker for the rest of the expansion and then throwing in the trash for WoD.

If a new guild does you the favor of helping you keep enjoying the game and clearing content for the next 5+ months, you probably owe them the courtesy of playing w/ them in WoD. If you don't want to do that, then stick with your shitty Inactive guild.

Does the other guild require that you join them to raid with them? Just tell them you're bored and want to raid with them because your current guild is inactive until WoD. One of my raid's main tanks for the last few months of Cataclysm wasn't even a guild member. If your current guild is inactive anyway, I don't see why they should get mad at you for temporarily raiding with another guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would talk to them first, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone ends up not being okay with it. Even if they say they are, I wouldn't expect them to hold a spot open for you for WoD. When people start raiding with different guilds, if they end up liking the people they're raiding with, they often stay instead of going back, no matter how good their intentions were originally.

Tell them what you're doing out of respect, but they have no reason to not be okay with it. If the progression raiding has stopped, it's not fair to expect you to stay put and wait until it starts up again, and that doesn't always happen.

Honesty s the best policy, and that includes the new guild you're joining. Tell them your intentions.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they get all pissy because you temporarily left their guild so that you can continue doing your raids I'd say don't even bother trying to join up with them again. To answer the question though, no, If they're any sort of decent they shouldn't make a big stink about it. I mean you are coming back after all so I don't see what the big deal would be.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe